• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvenar Mobile!

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our upcoming Mobile application! We would love to hear what you think about this, and want to ask you what you would find most important to implement soon, while that you're here!

What is already implemented?
  • Placing, upgrading, moving, and selling buildings
  • All guest races and everything related to them
  • Producing resources
  • Research tree
  • Scouting
  • Negotiating encounters
  • Full trader functionality
  • Quests (not events yet)
  • Builders' Hut
  • Overview for Culture
  • Overview for Goods
  • Placing Expansions
  • Tutorial
  • Recruiting Units and auto battle
  • Sounds and music
  • Chat
  • Ranking
  • Fellowships
  • Neighborly Help, which will also include:
    • Visiting neighbors
    • Notifications
What will we still implement?
(Of course we will also implement new features that we're developing for the browser version into the app, so this is a non-ordered, non-exhaustive list.)

• NH - Player Portraits
  • Private Messages
  • Guest Race Goods overview
  • Inventory
  • Events and quest line events
  • Tournaments
  • Ancient Wonders (effects from Ancient Wonders in your city are already being applied)
  • Spells and the Magic Academy (effects from Spells active in your city are already applied, but are not yet visualized).

We would be happy to hear your opinion on what you believe should be available in the app, too.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

DeletedUser1511

i have already the game it really nice and Beautiful but there are really a lot of bugs and not every thing is Installed

DeletedUser1777

Why didn't you make it possible to use the mobile version with beta? I guess you would get quite more feedback and bughunting then.

I was begged to ask questions about technical points of the mobile version, hopefully I am able to translate it correct :confused:

- is it programmed in flash or HTML2?
- will the account settings from the browser automatically transferred to the mobile version?
- if you have used HTML2, is there a chance to use the game i.e. in Win10 (or Mac, Chromebook) as an App ?

Marindor

@Flabbes : When you have the app, all versions are available (so all Live servers AND Beta). When we release an app though, we can only choose which app store markets we want to make it available to and there's no Google/Apple App Store Market "Beta". This goes by country and for testing purposes we chose UK as a country. So this means that when you live in the UK, you can download the app and when you have the app, you can play with it on Beta as well.

The browser game and the app game are the same, so you play the same account on all devices :)

Dhurrin

Sounds nice, but I've been plating on my old cellphone for over a year. just download the puffinbrowser and it works just fine. Though not lately anymore of course, the fun has gone out of the game.

CrazyWizard

Ok tested the app for some aditional time now. let me summarize the problems I encountered so far.

- When you strt a new account you do not get the option to pick your name, it becomes "player-ad6f843a" or some other hex number. I went trough the tutorail but no name change option popped up.
- All servers work wel in there own language except for the tutorail that part is in english on foreign servers
- The user interface is extremely poor when it comes to select a building. there is an aditional unnessary and annoying step to choose either production or upgrade tab. you then go to the for example the production tab, where you can simply tab to the upgrade tab. this creates a really annoying delay in gameplay that makes no sense.
- there is no way to either log out or return when you misclick on the new account button, you directly go to the race select menu and you wont be able to do anything untill you finished the tutorail. this creates useless accounts and wastes precious game time.
- oh yeah downloading the 300mb game files took over 1 hour, a new player unfamiliar with elevenar will be gone far away before he finished that treshhold

installs fine on my android 4.4 tablet, won't install on my android 5.1.1 phone.

Marindor

Hi guys!

Thank you for your feedback so far! To answer some of your questions/remarks:

- is it programmed in flash or HTML2?

We're using Unity. :)

Ok tested the app for some aditional time now. let me summarize the problems I encountered so far.

- When you strt a new account you do not get the option to pick your name, it becomes "player-ad6f843a" or some other hex number. I went trough the tutorail but no name change option popped up.
- All servers work wel in there own language except for the tutorail that part is in english on foreign servers
- The user interface is extremely poor when it comes to select a building. there is an aditional unnessary and annoying step to choose either production or upgrade tab. you then go to the for example the production tab, where you can simply tab to the upgrade tab. this creates a really annoying delay in gameplay that makes no sense.
- there is no way to either log out or return when you misclick on the new account button, you directly go to the race select menu and you wont be able to do anything untill you finished the tutorail. this creates useless accounts and wastes precious game time.
- oh yeah downloading the 300mb game files took over 1 hour, a new player unfamiliar with elevenar will be gone far away before he finished that treshhold

-We will add an Option to choose a Name (Coming soon!)
-The tutorial will be translated of course, too.
-We also want to improve on the UI in this area. This will take a bit longer though, but is definitely something we're working on.
-We will add a 'back' button to the race selection.
-New payers can play the tutorial and most of chapter 1 without having to download anything. We're downloading the 300 mb in the Background for new players :)

Marindor

I have no idea, I'm not a developer :)

Let's please focus on feedback on the app itself instead of technical details. Thanks! :)

DeletedUser1777

-We will add an Option to choose a Name (Coming soon!)
sounds great, does it mean we might be able to change our ingame nicks in general or only once when you create an account by app?

-We will add a 'back' button to the race selection.
for which time period will this be possible - only while doing the tutorial?

Marindor

Only the accounts created on the app via the "New Player" button will be able to change their account name to the one they'd like to use.

The "back" button will only be there in the race selection screen. :)

Elrondriel

And which advantages has Unity compare to mentioned html2 or flash?

Off-Topic: AFAIK, Unity is a programming environment specifically dedicated to games while HTML5 (guess "2" is a typo) would be a more versatile environment. Flash will, on the mid/long term, be replaced by other technologies, depending on field of application.

Elderflower

Lovely news. I like to take just a tablet with me on holidays and so I, too, have had to resort to Puffin to play on my Android, but some features don't work. I shall be back in the UK in three weeks and hope to be able to download it then.
I understand that I can only download it in the UK but will I still be able to play the game outside the UK?
The rules about choosing a name explains some of the odd player names I've encountered recently in my neighbourhoodo_O

Elrondriel

I understand that I can only download it in the UK but will I still be able to play the game outside the UK?

I don't think (for android) download is depending on your physical geo-location, but on the country your google-account has registered your device to. If it is not UK, then the play store will not allow installation to that device. A workaround could be to get the APK-file from someone who is UK-registered. Any yes, once you have installed it, it can be played anywhere, but probably the same problem might occur with updates.

CrazyWizard

Lovely news. I like to take just a tablet with me on holidays and so I, too, have had to resort to Puffin to play on my Android, but some features don't work. I shall be back in the UK in three weeks and hope to be able to download it then.
The rules about choosing a name explains some of the odd player names I've encountered recently in my neighbourhoodo_O

Besides that half the stuff aint working, they will need some mayor UI changes before I can even consider ditching puffin in favor for the app.
I am still playing with my special "tablet" account multiple times a day to see if I can change my mind but so far not a chance. the unnessesary "extra" useless click buggs me to much, I am just a lot faster on puffin.