• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvenar Mobile!

CrazyWizard

@Marindor
Ok found a bug, how do we report mobile bugs?

The bug is simple you can buy unlimited amounts of knowledge points, it doesnt stop when your kp bar is full. the "buy" option stays unlocked, unlike on the browser version. I just clicked to fast, bought 11 kp (on a 10kp bar) and the buy option was still aviable.

DeletedUser1901

You've always been able to buy more than 10 KP, it just stops the KP timer from running.

DeletedUser880

Great news - able to load my city on the US server and things look superb.
Just waiting for functionality to be added and really looking forward to being able to play on my ipad when away from home.
Bring it on Inno - great work and really welcome.

Elderflower

I just downloaded Elvenar onto my tablet and I keep getting an error message "Connection Error. The request timed out" - with the option to either Logout or Retry. This message also came up when the files were downloading but since I could see from the progress bar that the download was progressing normally, I just ignored it. Now I am trying to play and the message has appeared again and the progress bar is stuck on 3/15. Pressing Retry just repeats the error message. My internet is fine if for everything else.
I'm afraid I can't post any pictures as I struggle to take screenshots on the tablet. You have to press two buttons together in exactly the right way and I have great difficulty in making it work :oops:
Ok. I managed to get into it eight hours later so perhaps it was a server problem. I like the look of it. It's great to be able to collect and start productions and use the trader. I'll still need to use Puffin for visiting of course and I see we can't yet put knowledge points into Ancient Wonders, only into Research. Looking forward to using it more as more features become available.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1833

The single biggest problem I have with the mobile version - and I like it in general! - is not being to move freely around my city without collecting stuff!
On the desktop, I can switch to Move mode if I need to (rarely, but does happen despite the extra screen real estate over a tablet). However that isn't possible on the tablet because dragging in mobile Move mode merely moves the building where you started the drag.
What I'd ideally like (I think!) is a switch into/out of Collect mode (like a hand or something), similar to the way you switch into/out of Move mode? That would mean that I could move around my city without having to be super careful not to position it such that the only things in the viewport are buildings (residences, workshops, manufactories, whatever) that have coin/supplies/goods ready for collection but that I don't want to collect yet!

I fully expect some people more au fait with tablet use than myself will probably poo-poo my request as being "an extra and unnecessary thing to tap/click" ... but, for me, it would be a great benefit and improve my usability of the mobile version.

Thank you for listening.

DeletedUser2061

Will the app also become available for ipad? If so, when?

Marindor

Will the app also become available for ipad? If so, when?

Yes, the app will become available on both IOS and Android. We don't know yet what the launch dates for the Live markets will be, but on the Live forums you will be updated about that :)

DeletedUser1767

THIS^
How crazy would it be to switch over to your phone when sitting in front of your computer to do faster NH?
I hadn't intended to download the app when it becomes available to me because I've already got enough on my phone, blah blah, but the minute I saw the new NH I started reevaluating.

CrazyWizard

THIS^
How crazy would it be to switch over to your phone when sitting in front of your computer to do faster NH?

It took me 10 min to help 250 neighbours, this is awesome, yes, also to normal webversion to please.

But as a sidenote.
Which mobiles/tablets are used to test this mobile version? when I grabben a relative low end one, I got stuck on neighbourly help very fast, similar to the web version the memory looked to fill up and the app become horribly slow.

When I ran it on a octacore phone with 4 gb work memory it ran like a train on the run, awesomely fast. even so fast that the game sometimes forgot to load the selector buttons on the world map.

Deleted User - 8093

Thanks for making it available in France! It's already at a good level of finish. If I have a suggestion, I think it would be better that the default position in culture buildings correspond to the current chapter because I'm in Halflings chapter and it's long to slide until the halflings culture buildings...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Is there a way to know what boost is being asked for?
no there isn't, at least not for now.

But if like the builders hut is full, you dont see him in the popup.
if all culture has been buffed you wont see any culture building in the popup either.
I assume you wont see main hall, if its in upgrade at that time, but hadnt encountered that in my short testing.

So im assuming buffs will become mainly: Buildershut, then culture, then coins.

PrimroseSylvia

It would be perfect with a small implementation:

adding neighbor's city name, where usually is indicated his/her preferences, something like this

rMNlhFU.png

Elderflower

Great to see this. I had been diligently using the mobile app once a day just to test it but without any way to give neighbourly help it was never going to be my preferred platform. Many thanks for working to improve the mobile version.

DeletedUser

Apparently, I’m obliged to give feedback on Elvenar Mobile even though I don’t use Mobile and never will. It turns out that the updates on Mobile seem to have a direct effect on our browser game. This is for instance the case with NH. After this was implemented on Mobile, it turns out that you can give NH on buildings that are still under construction. Great news for players who have many inactive neighbors with their Main Hall indefinitely under construction.

If this new way of giving NH is going to be implemented in the browser game, I would certainly like to see the option to block certain NH options. I don’t want NH on Main Hall and I don’t like it that it comes first in the NH options, and that culture comes last.

When it comes to Cultural Buildings, the building you can boost seems to be predetermined.
Is this based on the max value a Cultural Building gives? If so, that would be great, but what happens with combi-buildings (pop/cul)?
If it is not based on the max cultural values, this is going to create a lot of frustration.

On a different note, the new way of giving NH will certainly make the process go a lot faster and less frustrating because the larger cities don’t want to load properly.

But it will also make it a bit less social. I sort of like to visit my active neighbors and take a look around in there cities. Watch their progress and enjoy their creativity in solving certain space problems. And welcoming them back in the game, when they were away for a while. Off course I can still visit them, at least I hope so, but it will be no longer in my daily routine. I think it will therefore be harder to keep track.

CrazyWizard

Is there a way to know what boost is being asked for?

No but even without it I am happy.

BCM (Builder, Culture, Main Hall) is a basic setup for selection that will pretty much in most cases will give the player what he/she wants.
I had to do 250+ players a day before, there is no way you could stay sane and give each of them what they want / ask for. I just spammed the fist hand I could see on the map (in 99% of the cases main hall)

with this new popup and using BCM I now can do it for most players and it wont make me insane.