• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

Karvest

Well, I start playing this game a bit later, so haven't seen that. Hope they wouldn't harden security at all, don't want to loose my "companion" program that gather stats (FA participation/NH activity/etc) for my FS.

SoggyShorts

I hope no one answers that question ... and I mean that it the nicest possible way :oops:
Inno have been kind enough to leave the game files unencrypted, which they had encrypted on beta for a short period so to prevent unannounced content being discussed.
Ah, sorry I had no idea. I figured all of that info was out there.

Konniver

Update: Building Highlighting

For a while now, one of the most popular requests has been along of lines of …

"Can you add an icon to buildings that have/need/are [insert building attribute here]?".

These requests would vary depending on what was important to the individual player, and implementing all at once would make for a very icon-ey plan, particularly on smaller buildings.

There is now a new map control called Highlight, found in the Settings popup of the city planner. It allows you highlight buildings that meet a chosen criteria, such as:
  • Buildings that provide population
  • Buildings that produce mana
  • Buildings that require a street connection to the townhall
  • Set buildings
Highlight control in the Settings popup
40-settings-highlight.png

Highlighted buildings that produce mana
40-produces-mana.png

Konniver

Sorry for the wait on this one, I returned from my holiday late last night and didn't think it was likely they'd announce it this week.

Update: New Guest Race - The Amuni

It's been a while but the next guest race, the Amuni, have made their appearance on Beta. This has brought the following to the game:
  • 10 cultural buildings
    • 4 are premium
    • 2 provide population
    • 8 produce mana
  • 7 settlement buildings
  • 2 ancient wonders

DeletedUser

@Konniver thank you so very very much :)

Edit: I can't upgrade my Magic Residences and something goes wrong with the Magic Workshops

workshops.JPG

I think the population calculation of the Magic Workshop is also wrong :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Konniver

I can't upgrade my Magic Residences and something goes wrong with the Magic Workshops.

I think the population calculation of the Magic Workshop is also wrong :confused:

Should be fixed now, thanks for spotting it :)

Let me know if you still have a incorrect pop calculation.

Karvest

@Konniver
What about Prestige calculation in constructor? To check whether you can build/upgrade your planned number of Amuni production buildings with planned Monuments layout and level of Temple?

Konniver

@Konniver
What about Prestige calculation in constructor? To check whether you can build/upgrade your planned number of Amuni production buildings with planned Monuments layout and level of Temple?

I haven't looked into that one yet. Will try this weekend.

Is it updated for the increase in map size?

Yes, but only in Beta mode (activated via the language menu). The EN/DE/FR communities still only have a grid of 12x11 expansions.

Last edited:

Konniver

Update

A few small fixes
  • Prestige is now correctly displayed as a percentage on the buildings' pages
  • Coverage for Amuni monuments are now correctly classfied as 'Guest Race' in the report of the city planner

@Konniver

I won't be adding Prestige as it looks to be a settlement resource and I generally don't include those type of goods in the report ... at least for now.

Karvest

@Konniver
Prestige is not settlement resource, it's like culture but needed only for Amuni settlement buildings.
And due to the way they rearranged culture and population in buildings data - they have now an ability to add new type of provisions whenever they want.

Konniver

@Konniver
Prestige is not settlement resource, it's like culture but needed only for Amuni settlement buildings.
And due to the way they rearranged culture and population in buildings data - they have now an ability to add new type of provisions whenever they want.

Is it a resource that's here to stay? For potential use in the subsequent guest races? I don't have an advanced city on Beta so cannot see the 'other resources' popup.

Indeed it does, will fix that. Thanks.

Karvest

that's not "collectible" resource, it can be in your city only when you have buildings that provide it, same as culture and population. And seems such resources are going to be a common thing in next chapters due to changes in game structures.

Karvest

I mean not prestige as is, but probably something like this would be there. See no other reason for rearranging population and culture into provisions format.

edeba

Lol, that is too fun, 50 ranking points tied to building so if you sell the building, you lose the ranking points. And will a tiny building be worth a blueprint or restoration spell if they ever get around to making them...

Seriously, the FA is so awful and so much work, anyone who wins these prizes deserves to have them automatically update in value as they go through the chapters...

I still think 50 ranking points is hilarious... You get 1000 for winning the tournament and it isn't as much work.