• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

Konniver

For those who may not already know about it, the Elven Architect is a website that provides tools to aid in playing this game, including a city planner, knowledge points calculator, and now a battle simulator.

As I often include the latest updates from beta, I thought it worthy of creating a post here to keep you folks updated.

Konniver

A large update has been done to the Elven Architect, with plenty to talk about.
  • The controversial battle redesign (1.15) has been released to all worlds, shaking up the way battles are done. As a result, some new pages have been added to this website:
    • A units area, containing details on all battle units available.
    • A battle simulator tool, allowing you to experiment with and familiarise yourself with the units' new strengths and weaknesses.
  • The next guest race, the Wood Elves (1.16), have arrived on beta bringing with them new buildings and resources, which have all been added to the buildings area and city planner tool.
  • Production buildings now include the cost with each produced resource.

DeletedUser1570

Great work, I really appreciate it.
Just to clarify some things. Can you really upgrade the barracks 4 additional levels instead of the usual 2?
Did the elven main hall really become 7*6?

Konniver

According to the game, yes on both accounts. Perhaps those with high level beta accounts can confirm.

The barracks levels 22-25 all require the same tech to be researched, Woodelves Style Barracks. I presume adding 4 levels this time round is to align with the new battle system.

And maybe the Elven hall increase is to now match the Human's size. Although they don't get off free, the humans still have the same size but an orientation change from 6x7 to 7x6.

Heymrdiedier

If you take into account that
elf builders hut is 3x3 and trader is 3x4, magic academy is 5x5
human builders hut is 2x3 and trader is 4x4 academy 5x4

that means elves now need 46 squares for all obligated buildings, while humans now need 42.
So humans need 4 less while before the main hall change it was elves who needed 2 less then humans.

wich i think will be gone in 1.17.
i think they are going to make changes to trade there (since they allready oops spoiled they are going to change the blooming trading guild) and then it wouldnt surprise me that the trade building will be upgradable and for humans then end up as 4x5 or 5x4, so that no race has an advantage over the other

Last edited:

Konniver

I wouldn't be surprised, seeing that they've matched the sizes of workshops, residences, armories and barracks in the past few chapters.

Heymrdiedier

Konniver, can i make a sugestion for an elven architect change?

It seems like a good idea that you can build a building that is of the same type on another building: for example if you have a setup with houses lvl 21, that you can just build lvl 23 house over the lvl 21 house (destorying the one beneath it) . For streets and wonders this would be handy as well, to be able to upgrade your wonder 1 lvl or more without having to destory it and rebuild.

Or a tool where you can upgrade all buildings of the same type to new lvl. Somthing like upgrade all my streets :).

Konniver

I'll certainly add it to the queue of possible features. Definitely roads can be a pain replacing, so I like the idea of a mass-upgrade of roads macro.

In the mean time, you can right-click on a building (or expansion) to bring up a quick-menu allowing you to perform actions without having to switch modes, including changing its level.

6hTvgJP.png

DeletedUser

I just want to say thank you for all the work you do developing and updating the Elven Architect. It is an awesome tool, and I use it in all my worlds.
I don't know if it is possible, or how complicated it is to implement, but is there anyway we could import our city from the game right into the Elven Architec in the future?
That would save countless hours, so it would be awesome if possible.
In any case, really good job, and thank you

Owena

I tried but the structures are in different houses 4x3 positions supposed 3x4
being too are the the same way all structures

CrazyWizard

I'll certainly add it to the queue of possible features. Definitely roads can be a pain replacing, so I like the idea of a mass-upgrade of roads macro.

In the mean time, you can right-click on a building (or expansion) to bring up a quick-menu allowing you to perform actions without having to switch modes, including changing its level.

6hTvgJP.png

A select box would be awesome, or just a delete all roads button.
When I upgrade my roads it's usually part of a new chapter and therefore a complete rebuild of my town (new building orientations) so I actually end up kicking all my roads first since I dont wanna move them 1 by 1 to a new position, its quicker to just rebuild them.

Konniver

... is there anyway we could import our city from the game right into the Elven Architec in the future?

Not currently but I would love to implement this feature. Tapping directly into Inno's servers to retrieve layouts could be a breach of the T&Cs but I will talk to them about it.

I tried but the structures are in different houses 4x3 positions supposed 3x4
being too are the the same way all structures

It sounds like your version of North (the forest, right?) is different to the game's version of North (the mountains). Not a problem though, you can rotate the map in the settings menu.

lFOcY51.png

A select box would be awesome, or just a delete all roads button.
When I upgrade my roads it's usually part of a new chapter and therefore a complete rebuild of my town (new building orientations) so I actually end up kicking all my roads first since I dont wanna move them 1 by 1 to a new position, its quicker to just rebuild them.

My mind is already running away with a few ideas (delete all roads, upgrade all roads, fill all empty squares with roads), or even a brush-like tool where click-and-dragging can build/sell the roads (suggested by many).

What I personally do, and I noticed many others do as well, is just build the city without roads. You can either slot them in at the end or just multiply the amount of empty squares by the culture of latest roads available to you. It's definitely not ideal but works in a pinch.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Regarding battle simulation i didnt managed to simulate sword acrobat against cerberus where cerberus attack first, regardless sword acrobat having higher iniciative, in battlefield its usually cerberus who attack first due his improved movement. So i suggest to either simulate both scenarios or make checkbox where we choose who attack first

Konniver

The battle simulator does not account for movement in its calculations but there is already an option to select who attacks first in the Advanced Settings under the 'First Strike' option. By default it's Initiative but you can explicitly set it as the Player or Enemy unit.

Yi6p0DX.png

Last edited:

Konniver

Lol, well you in particular Soggy will like this update :)

--

With the new event now available for testing on beta, Halloween is coming!, the following exclusive event buildings have been added:
  • Scream of Halloween (Cultural / Residential) - A shivering Scream in picturesque but horrific scenery.
  • Daunting Pumpkins (Cultural) - A spiry formation of spooky pumpkins, awakened by Lord Pumpkin himself.
The city planner has a new feature:
  • Basic production reporting has been added to the Report. Certain resources will only appear if at least one building producing that resource is built (goods, orcs, mana).

Last edited: