• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

Arayla

I love using your site - so incredibly helpful!

In testing out the Beta vs. English setting on the Tome of Secrets, I see that the wording on the English page is misleading. It shows the correct amount that is given by scouting, but shows that amount as the % of supplies capacity (for example, level 2 reward per scout: 1040% of supplies capacity).

Konniver

some things changed a bit in a battle
1. damage per unit is higher the more damaged squad is
2. defense debuffs works different now

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it over the weekend.

In testing out the Beta vs. English setting on the Tome of Secrets, I see that the wording on the English page is misleading. It shows the correct amount that is given by scouting, but shows that amount as the % of supplies capacity (for example, level 2 reward per scout: 1040% of supplies capacity).

Nice spot! That's now fixed.

SoggyShorts

Would it be possible to add a "flip your city" feature? I know I've had to do it manually a couple times due to lack of foresight, and maybe it would be useful for others.
As you can see here, I foolishly planned to put my MH up against the West wall, and since I can't expand to the west any more it doesn't help me there.
144t2f.jpg

What helps me much more is a mirror image of the city so that the exposed road and MH are touching my future expansions like this:
20i9oiw.jpg

I think the last time I did this manually it was a north/south flip to move my MH to the bottom where I was expanding to next.

Konniver

Thanks for the suggestion. Although technically feasible, I would wonder how often it's needed among all users. It seems to would require an exact oblong layout to work (in terms of unlocked expansions), which more often than not it isn't.

I've been toying with the idea of adding a Macros-like menu that'll include some convenient tasks like "Sell all roads", "Fill all empty tiles with [choose road]", and this is where "Flip buildings vertically/horizontally" would be best placed.

I'll add it to the todo list as there are other features I'm working on at the moment.

SoggyShorts

Oooo, if it's going on the to do list, it can definitely go after those road macros, those are way better lol.

DeletedUser1677

Thanks for the suggestion. Although technically feasible, I would wonder how often it's needed among all users. It seems to would require an exact oblong layout to work (in terms of unlocked expansions), which more often than not it isn't.

I've been toying with the idea of adding a Macros-like menu that'll include some convenient tasks like "Sell all roads", "Fill all empty tiles with [choose road]", and this is where "Flip buildings vertically/horizontally" would be best placed.

I'll add it to the todo list as there are other features I'm working on at the moment.

Or maybe a function when on, you can "paint" with road. So you can just hold the mouse button, and make road. Or like when making road in the game, click, and click again, to make road in that line.

The "fill all empty tiles with [road]", wont help when some of it is guest race road, and some of it is normal road :)

SoggyShorts

@Konniver
Currently when we right click a building and want to make copies, we can only make 1 copy, and then it defaults back to "move".
Would it be possible to default to build that particular building by selecting copy? This way we could select copy just once, and make as many as we want.

SoggyShorts

The "fill all empty tiles with [road]", wont help when some of it is guest race road, and some of it is normal road :)
I think I would use it as
  1. remove all roads
  2. move everything around
  3. manually place settlement roads
  4. Fill all space with roads
  5. remove all settlement roads (if needed)
  6. shuffle settlement stuff (if needed)
  7. fill all empty space with settlement roads (if needed)
Manually placing settlement roads isn't so bad, there's usually ~15 compared to normal roads at ~150.

Dony

King of Bugs
with the new way AWs are calculated it would be nice if we could set some value on top of AW building (like coin cap, supplies cap, completed provinces) and whole table would recalculate it based on that number

Attachments

• Elvenar – stavebná fantasy hra - Mozilla Firefox 6. 4. 2017 13_53_06 (2).png
    Elvenar – stavebná fantasy hra - Mozilla Firefox 6. 4. 2017 13_53_06 (2).png
    140.1 KB · Views: 328

DeletedUser1677

Would it be possible to make a mana-calculator option, that calculates mana pr. hour? In the report when making a city?
So it's possible to see how much mana that city produces pr hour?
Don't know if it even makes sense do do that, but I use it when planning my danish city. First, I calculated mana pr hour in beta city, then aim for the same in the danish city.
Using the beta city to get experiense, to use in the danish city :)

But if I'm the only what that think it would be useful, feel free to forget my idea :p

A solution making streets with less clicks, is still something I would LOVE! :)

Konniver

with the new way AWs are calculated it would be nice if we could set some value on top of AW building (like coin cap, supplies cap, completed provinces) and whole table would recalculate it based on that number

I've got a few ideas on how something like this would eventually be implemented as there's more than one value to calculate against, depending on the page.

@Konniver As far as I can tell the Endless Excavation isn't giving any supplies in the architect

Included in latest update :)

Would it be possible to make a mana-calculator option, that calculates mana pr. hour? In the report when making a city?

The values shown in the production part of the report are all shown as daily values, and I'd rather keep this way for now. At some point I would love to enable the production report to switch between 1h, 3h, 9h and 1d production cycles.

Konniver

Version 1.27 has gone live on the international servers, but has not yet reached other communities. Therefore both the Beta and English versions of the Elven Architect have the updated values for ancient wonders, while the German and French versions continue to use the older values until their game worlds have been updated.

The following changes have been made to the Report on the city planner:

DeletedUser1677

Just got an idea:
i designed my new city in architect, but it's gonna take some days, to move everything around. (Some buildings needs to be updated).
What I'm missing, is a possibility, to mark what buildings is at the right place. Maybe a right-click option, choosing "in place", and then it would get a little check-marking in the corner?
Does it makes sense? :)

SoggyShorts

architect got updated with all culture buildings from events till the end of the year, you should remove them or something because it is confusing now (all have the same name)
If that's the case, I'm a little disappointed. There are only 2 buildings at level 10 that give better pop/square than my chapter 7 winter stars, and I'm guessing those a grand prizes. Hopefully they recycle more Glossy Gardens....

SoggyShorts

I do have a feature request.....
Could you factor in culture bonus into the supplies and coins productions?
I found the formula on US forums, and it holds true for my cities.
Take the sum of WP (working population) and RC (required culture).

For 170% bonus you need 80% of the sum as REC (required excess culture), rounded to the nearest multiple of 10, 100, 1000.
For 160% bonus you need 60%
For 150% bonus you need 40%
For 125% bonus you need 20%

For example
Working pop 60,000
required cult 40,000
total 100,000

breaking points would be
20,000 excess culture for 125%
40,000 excess culture for 150%
60,000 excess culture for 160%
80,000 excess culture for 170%

ALdbeign

Hello,

Just a couple things with your amazing site. I keep meaning to post but you have a knack for being one step ahead of anything I think of to improve it.
As a result I keep failing to bring up one thing that doesn't seem to work (very minor and you may already know). Road chapters, you added the woderful thing where your prefs are saved and they all work except for the road tiles showing their chapter, I can just turn them off then turn them back on and they work again but while the pref slider saves, the actual pref doesn't.
Also, this new charming tree has the details in the building list but not in the City Planner, likewise with the red forest (where in the world does that red forest come from anyway lol?).

Lastly, I did have an idea regarding orcs: I understand you use 1-day production values/costs but these are amazingly far off. it would be nice to be able to set the standard build time for the armories (for example, I always do 4day orc builds, I don't need that many outside of the orc chapter except for workshop upgrades). The city planner shows me losing 127k supplies per day and this is far from the case. -edit 2- To clarify, I'm not suggesting a per armory build rate, just a "all armories produce at this rate" in the settings. Also, 0 (not producing) should be an option if you decide to add it and for that matter, a simple "include armory production in supply costs" slider option would work as well (it looks to me like the orc production is only the AW production and not the armory production anyway)

edit: another thing i keep meaning to suggest lol, an all off/on box for the filters on the building/unit lists, there are so many categories now and for example when wanting to just compare new chapter (or more likely last couple chapters), it would be nice to just uncheck everything in one click then pick what i want to look at.

Thanks so much for all you do! This is such a wonderful tool to have. :)

Last edited:

Konniver

Hi @ALdbeign, thanks for your feedback.

I keep meaning to post but you have a knack for being one step ahead of anything I think of to improve it.

Most features are suggested to me by other players, so thank all of them :)

As a result I keep failing to bring up one thing that doesn't seem to work (very minor and you may already know). Road chapters, you added the woderful thing where your prefs are saved and they all work except for the road tiles showing their chapter, I can just turn them off then turn them back on and they work again but while the pref slider saves, the actual pref doesn't.

This is now fixed.

Also, this new charming tree has the details in the building list but not in the City Planner, likewise with the red forest (where in the world does that red forest come from anyway lol?).

Charming tree is in page 4 of the events tab. Red forest has yet to be added to an event/sale, I believe.

Lastly, I did have an idea regarding orcs: I understand you use 1-day production values/costs but these are amazingly far off. it would be nice to be able to set the standard build time for the armories (for example, I always do 4day orc builds, I don't need that many outside of the orc chapter except for workshop upgrades). The city planner shows me losing 127k supplies per day and this is far from the case. -edit 2- To clarify, I'm not suggesting a per armory build rate, just a "all armories produce at this rate" in the settings. Also, 0 (not producing) should be an option if you decide to add it and for that matter, a simple "include armory production in supply costs" slider option would work as well (it looks to me like the orc production is only the AW production and not the armory production anyway)

Originally there was meant to be a separate tool for a production calculator, but over time it's sneaked itself into the city planner report. The main problem is that suggestions I receive from players tend to vary, a lot, as some suggest shorter collections would be more accurate while others prefer longer collection cycles. The production report definitely needs an overhaul to accommodate all play styles, culture bonuses, etc.

edit: another thing i keep meaning to suggest lol, an all off/on box for the filters on the building/unit lists, there are so many categories now and for example when wanting to just compare new chapter (or more likely last couple chapters), it would be nice to just uncheck everything in one click then pick what i want to look at.

This annoys me too, will hope to implement that at some point.