• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

DeletedUser1767

@Konniver, you are a hero. Thank you!

A small request:
Is it possible to combine event culture buildings in the building menu, with the menu were you can compare culture building?

Now, I have to find the name of the building, look it up in the "culture index", look what age it belongs to, and then I can choose the right one in the builing menu and place it.

If the culture was in the building menu, were I choose what age my builing is from, it would be lovely! :)
I have to admit, I vastly prefer it the way it is. Event buildings aren't connected to particular eras, so it's not clear where you'd put them in that menu. If you listed each of them separately (Level I Father Tree, Level II Father Tree...), that menu would get bloated and very difficult to manage and locate things.

DeletedUser1677

@Konniver, you are a hero. Thank you!

I have to admit, I vastly prefer it the way it is. Event buildings aren't connected to particular eras, so it's not clear where you'd put them in that menu. If you listed each of them separately (Level I Father Tree, Level II Father Tree...), that menu would get bloated and very difficult to manage and locate things.

Not what I meant :)

Like, when you upon the drop-down menu at a event-building, you can choose:
I
II
III
IIII
V

And so on.

But to know what to choose, you have to know how much culture that one gives.

So it could look like this:

I 200 culture
II 300 culture
III 400 culture

And so on :)

Konniver

@MissLindell Don't worry, I know what you mean. It's been a feature on my todo list for a bit now and trying to find a clean solution has proven to be tricky so far.

As a temporary fix, I've made it so that hovering over the building will now produce a tooltip.

iytxkBM.png

DeletedUser1677

@MissLindell Don't worry, I know what you mean. It's been a feature on my todo list for a bit now and trying to find a clean solution has proven to be tricky so far.

As a temporary fix, I've made it so that hovering over the building will now produce a tooltip.

iytxkBM.png

Awesome, thanks! :D

CrazyWizard

Following the release of 1.23 on beta, the following has been added to the Elven Architect.
  • With the new guest race Sorcerers and Dragons arriving in Elvenar, buildings have been added to both the buildings section and city planner.
  • Two new buildings for the Valentines event, Gaelagil's Balcony (Cultural / Residential) and Burukbrak's Bridge of Love (Cultural).
  • Updated German and French translations with the kind help from players.

tyvm, been waiting for this the whole week the update was delayed, already puzzled on it again for a few hours.

Konniver

-- Update --
  • Sorcerer and Dragons now present a choice between cultural buildings that focus more on either Culture or Mana. So the mana index page has been added to help determine which buildings provide mana most efficiently.
  • Any changes in the Settings popup in the city planner are now saved across sessions.
  • German and French translations have been added for the new guest race buildings.

DeletedUser1901

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i was wondering why the Culture Index page shows Snow Flurry Event buildings gained while a player is in Chapter X? Maybe my timeline is off and they were possible to gain? Just curious. Thanks for the site, BTW!

Konniver

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i was wondering why the Culture Index page shows Snow Flurry Event buildings gained while a player is in Chapter X? Maybe my timeline is off and they were possible to gain? Just curious. Thanks for the site, BTW!

Not a stupid question at all, I get asked this quite a lot.

Despite that building/chapter combo being impossible to obtain (currently), it still exists in the game nonetheless, albeit hidden. If Forge of Empires is anything to go by, event buildings will be reused in future incarnations (in this case, this year's winter event) and even become upgradable in the future.

And honestly, it's just easier to leave it in rather than have to prune data for every possible obtainable building/chapter/level combo. I'd rather work on functionality instead. :)

Konniver

A few quality of life changes have been made to the city planner:
  • The Build popup now shows basic information on a building's size and any population or culture given.
    20-build-popup.png

• The context menu on event buildings (activated by right click) now allows you to change its chapter.
  • Updated German and French translations.
  • I'm aware that the contact form does not work currently and am working with the hosting company to rectify. Please use private messages on this forum if you wish to contact me in the meantime.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

anyone figured out the origin of the red forest?

I hoped it would pop up as a valentineday itself special quest or so.
Or did I miss something?

CrazyWizard

Hey @Konniver , you might want to consider to return the version control option.

It might take months for this update to go live, during that time for the live server people with these new wonders your program becomes less usefull.

DeletedUser1777

It might take months for this update to go live
I agree with the version control, bus disagree it will take months.

In yesterdays FB Q&A session they said, it will be quite fast (like almost every day another AW will be changed, or at least the change programming it will be).

@Konniver
tell me, when you need again a hand with translastions ;)

Konniver

Hey @Konniver , you might want to consider to return the version control option.
It might take months for this update to go live, during that time for the live server people with these new wonders your program becomes less usefull.

Honestly, having beta buildings & units in the site had always caused this confusion among other issues. Hopefully, the solution described in my next post solves it for both beta & non-beta players.

tell me, when you need again a hand with translastions ;)

Indeed. I've been evolving certain features on the site which will definitely need some custom translations. Thanks again!

Konniver

-- Update --
  • Changes to buildings or units that existed only on the beta server was causing some confusion to players who play on live servers only. Therefore, they have been moved into their own category, which can be enabled via the language switcher on the top-right of the menu bar.
    23-enabling-beta.png
  • Menu and text translations on some pages are now working again.
  • The battle simulator is now working again.

Dony

King of Bugs
some things changed a bit in a battle
1. damage per unit is higher the more damaged squad is
2. defense debuffs works different now