• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOKINHO

there is the problem you prefer the event in the way that you do not have to modify your city, or remove buildings, and I prefer this in which we can be able to set up factories and workshops lv1 ... why? Very simple, putting factories and workshops level 1 is within everyone's reach, and even more so with the teleportation fungible ... but being able to climb factories and workshops to be able to respond to the missions they ask for in these last events, only benefits the great that you have gigantic cities with 8-10 factories and 10 magical workshops ... This does produce an imbalance, what they now propose, No, and it is already in the will of each player to participate more or less ... that simple!

Karvest

You overestimate requirements of last events, especially in magical workshops part (I had only 2 magical + 4 regular WS back then, and it was more than enough to finish main part of quest line way faster than with old style quests).
Switching from efficient city (we are still playing economic strategy game, yes?) to lvl1-buildings clutter hurts my aesthetics...
We were forced to dedicate some space for these buildings, and planned our cities accordingly, but I was hoping that it is already in the past... Just redesigned my city to utilize all available space, and even if i remove some factories, acquired free space won't have good configuration for old-style event quests...

justpeeking

this new, fixed length quest list is full of those problematic quests we complained at the time when these kind of quests was the norm:
- 1-2 day(s) manu quest must be fulfilled with boosted manu, creating an unbalance in favor to player with marble (and elf wood) boost;
- Produce Goods must be the same type -this was just fixed in random quests - no they bring back the old, hated one ???
(and it comes twice in a raw, if Elvengems is right - they just recreate worst feature of random quest line in the fixed quest line in purpose?)
- Each T1 Manufactory quests - really?
- Research 1 Technology OR Gain 20 VV - without the scout option, unbalanced; it is way more difficult for (tree locked) small players
- Buy 12/16 Knowledge points - each and every event it is begged to change to "GAIN 12/16 kp", still there is as "buy"
- the amounts (like gain 32 relics) are insanely high towards the end; again unbalanced; way more difficult for small players

Just taking out an old list without making any improvement what was repeatedly asked for is way worst then go on with the random quest line which was just terminated.

Arthus

I just wish they would finally decide on something, jumping from one island to another and changing everything 180 degrees, now again tons of lvl 1 buildings when all built high level buildings...

Delete research technology and complete province quests! They are unfair and discrimination of end-game players! We have no technologies and 1 province to complete takes 3-4 days of scouting! There should be only production quests in events, this what we CAN affect in game!

UlyssesBlue

thats why i wonder what was reasoning behind that, i doubt we are back to finite quest line, endless will return again quite early
my guess is that balancing of candies was off and data showed that nobody was close enough to reach stage 10 of evolving building, so after winter event they didnt wanted another bad event and rather took action and changed it in beta before it hits live server.
I also suspect this is the real reason we got a last minute change to the quest line. I saw a comment somewhere in which someone said they finished the main questline and only had 6 artefacts. Even if you chose a strategy that focused on daily prizes, and therefore was terrible for artefacts, you should still be much closer than that, which does suggest there were major problems with the balancing. A fixed questline at least has a predictable result for all players, so is easier to get the balancing right without player testing. If a quick fix was needed, this would be the way to go. It's likely this is just an ad hoc solution, rather than something they intend to implement for future events.

Dony

King of Bugs
Produce Goods must be the same type -this was just fixed in random quests - no they bring back the old, hated one ???
(and it comes twice in a raw, if Elvengems is right - they just recreate worst feature of random quest line in the fixed quest line in purpose?)
learn to read and after that you will notice elvengems is wrong
I saw a comment somewhere in which someone said they finished the main questline and only had 6 artefacts.
i got only 4

Fairy Adventurer

I am not going to be happy if we will be back to limited quests again in live worlds. The events for players who like to spend a lot of time playing the game will be BORING again as we finish the quests early and then sit with nothing to do for weeks. I will also miss the random quests which made the game more challenging which for many of us means more fun. Also if there is now no need to use current level workshops then what a waste of time for many players who built and upgraded them only for the events. Please don't do this to us and take away what was becoming fun events for many players.

UlyssesBlue

We are making this change because of both feedback that we've received from the community during past events, as well as data that we have for these.
That's not the real reason, is it?
It probably is, it's just so vague it could mean practically anything. Feedback/data in this context could mean the fact that lots of people were finishing the main questline with 4-6 artefacts, which is much lower than what they want it to be.

CrazyWizard

It probably is, it's just so vague it could mean practically anything. Feedback/data in this context could mean the fact that lots of people were finishing the main questline with 4-6 artefacts, which is much lower than what they want it to be.

I wonder how that could happen? someone had a broken calculator?
I honestly do not understand how it could happen 7-10 range would make sense due to RNG but 4-6? thats just wrong. such a mistake should not be possible. how could Q&A miss that?

Dony

King of Bugs
I wonder how that could happen? someone had a broken calculator?
I honestly do not understand how it could happen 7-10 range would make sense due to RNG but 4-6? thats just wrong. such a mistake should not be possible. how could Q&A miss that?
maybe it was a bug somewhere because segments felt really shorts, if they lasted 2x longer it would be ok
or they assumed that players will push with bonus segment but for that you cant have weak chests, mediocre grand prize and hard quests which are not so rewarding, there was zero incentive to continue for me because i would get much more event resources in future events with same quests in finite questline (like complete province or buy KP)
its up to them to use this data now and move on
i am glad that they took actions fast before live release tho

DeletedUser2561

Personally I welcome this change: I prefer a plannable questline.

I also prefer a finite questline. It usually takes me between one and two weeks to finish the questline of a 4-week-event. Others may get bored by finishing early, but to me, the rest of the event feels like I really earned myself that break from an almost nonstop big-event/small-event/guild-adventure/crafting-challenge lineup.

Also, a finished questline means I have most of the gainable event currency collected up when my favorite daily prize appears.

Oh and just for the record: Glad to see choice among reward chests return, rather than a slot machine. I don't want to see winter event mechanics again.

Except for one detail: In winter event, we did not earn the main prizes automatically on the day we gambled for daily prizes, but instead we could delay collecting them until we reached the next chapter. Which is rather irrelevant for expiring buildings and totally meaningless for artifacts, but starting a 4x4 evolving building one chapter higher will save 16 restoration spells - that's one week of tournament if you reach 10 chests, multiple weeks if not.

(Yes I know we get the evolving building from the first quest and I would not advise to delay the whole questline until next chapter. But after 9 artifacts the next main prize is a second evolving building, and even if we never gain enough artifacts to evolve two buildings to a worthy level, we can build and evolve this second one and trash the first.)

lika1961

Complete 1.5 provinces or 15 tournament provinces. Really? After long and winding explanations about why it is a bad idea to encourage people to over-scout or the fact that it is a very high number of tourney encounters for a small player. Has logic left the building again?

01.jpg

Karvest

Which is rather irrelevant for expiring buildings and totally meaningless for artifacts, but starting a 4x4 evolving building one chapter higher will save 16 restoration spells - that's one week of tournament if you reach 10 chests, multiple weeks if not.
I'd better spend 16RRs than click on that hammer+brick 400+ times, with ugly animation that lags more after each click, up to the state when you need to reload the game...

Last edited:

justpeeking

learn to read and after that you will notice elvengems is wrong
learn some manners and even after that reply only if you have something to say what has a positive impact, either on the development of the game or the game play of players

elvengems is not wrong, the posted quests appear exactly as they post it and the exact same order
if anybody is wrong, then the developers are as the quests are indeed accepting mix of goods, not just one of the goods as indicated in the wording of those quests

that is useful information, while your answer is just an arrogant garbage, what I am not interested in

Status
Not open for further replies.