• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2256

So, like before, only premium (or some lucky) players will get level 10 building on live? ;)

DeletedUser2734

@Marindor I respect, you test the changes on beta first and not till than let it start on the live server.
Good. Perhaps Inno gets a bit more carefull and at last considers the players frustation and feedback about changes on the live worlds.

Asween

whats wrong with you people? if you have no brain to use endless quests to your profit, why others has to sit tie-handed? fixed quest will end leaving us with half evolved buildings standing like monuments of frustration on the outskirts of our cities. i cant say how i hate these fixed quests. if inno wants to return them, and every one is so happy to have them back, can bonus segment be added after they finish, please? that would be not a bad compromise. please?

Deleted User - 81190

So, do we still have infinite quests (just the same for everybody), or is the main quest line fixed?!

Deleted User - 81190

No, there is an end. a quote from the announcement of the event on LIVE servers (EN elvenar forum)

"Once you completed the quest line for this event, you can take your chance at obtaining even more Candy by completing the Mystical Object in Crafting. Each of these Objects has a chance at giving you a significant amount of Candy. "

Link (en forum event announcement LIVE worlds)
Wow, this looks like a monumental nerf if I've ever seen one...

Deleted User - 81190

whats wrong with you people? if you have no brain to use endless quests to your profit, why others has to sit tie-handed? fixed quest will end leaving us with half evolved buildings standing like monuments of frustration on the outskirts of our cities. i cant say how i hate these fixed quests. if inno wants to return them, and every one is so happy to have them back, can bonus segment be added after they finish, please? that would be not a bad compromise. please?
This, so much this. It seems that we're basically back to the least common denominator, because apparently people were complaining that someone else was doing better than them. smh...

iDavis

Ok, I like this change. And just to refute arguments above - I took a part of endless quests as much as I could (got 3 brown bears in autumn event and haven´t found any player with more, on my server) and still am so glad to see we´re returning back to finite ones. I feel like endless quest implementation has not only allowed us to get more, but mainly changed the spirit of events very much, mostly in negative way (making events to feel more like a duty).
So whether this change will be kept for future events or not - something just told me I might be enjoying this event on live..

justpeeking

This, so much this. It seems that we're basically back to the least common denominator, because apparently people were complaining that someone else was doing better than them. smh...
Obviously it has nothing to do with complains, that is just an excuse.
They realized that this will be a 3rd event in a row when very few people will spend money, although some smartypants hailed endless quests as the holy grail for endless income. So they switch back to square zero in hope that at least the old income level will return. However with the same uninteresting prices it will still not motivate people to buy anything. :(

Deleted User - 91892

After one year of experiments we are back in the old system: line of fixed 131 quests and line of daily quests and 3 treasures. Only the reward is the evolving nonsense. :) Another set of specific "artifacts".

Deleted User - 81190

I feel like endless quest implementation has not only allowed us to get more, but mainly changed the spirit of events very much, mostly in negative way (making events to feel more like a duty).
You could play infinite quests just like finite ones - just stop at #131 or what not. You have control over that. The opposite is not true - if I want to get more stuff (and willing to put up the effort), I am unable to do so in the current setup. There is nothing I can do about that.

Choices are reduced, again. Good thing that rewards are so crappy so far that there is little incentive to go for more. I doubt that this is an effective way to boost revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

Yes, I previously made purchases for most events but have not for some time. This building does not motivate me, nor do the chests. It seems to me the rewards from spinning the chests is way down. That 1kp on the 41 chest is a joke. Did they make a mistake on what the "one" was supposed to be?

Obviously it has nothing to do with complains, that is just an excuse.
They realized that this will be a 3rd event in a row when very few people will spend money, although some smartypants hailed endless quests as the holy grail for endless income. So they switch back to square zero in hope that at least the old income level will return. However with the same uninteresting prices it will still not motivate people to buy anything. :(

Dony

King of Bugs
You could play infinite quests just like finite ones - just stop at #131 or what not. You have control over that. The opposite is not true - if I want to get more stuff (and willing to put up the effort), I am unable to do so in the current setup. There is nothing I can do about that.

Choices are reduces, again. Good thing that rewards are so crappy so far that there is little incentive to go for more. I doubt that this is the effective way to boost revenue.

thats why i wonder what was reasoning behind that, i doubt we are back to finite quest line, endless will return again quite early
my guess is that balancing of candies was off and data showed that nobody was close enough to reach stage 10 of evolving building, so after winter event they didnt wanted another bad event and rather took action and changed it in beta before it hits live server.
i like endless quests even tho i didnt took part in winter and carnival bonus quests, just because it doesnt feel rewarding for me, i believe there should be change after you reach bonus segment and rewards like 1-3 KP, 5% coin/supplies instant of EE spell should be replaced with better ones, they dont need to touch time boosters, but rather buff others, so there is some incentive to keep continue for a bit better rewards (excluding grand prizes)

Ashrem

All they had to do is make it so that the single quest line is long enough to give a 50/50 chance of completely evolving the building with an average strategy. How tough can that be to plan for?

Lovec Krys

@Karvest As long as they can be done with lv 1 buildings it's not as bad as it could be.
But we shall see, since the main price is typical evo garbage (lots of very low bonuses with horrible pop/cult ratio), I do care only about some daily rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.