• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karvest

Segments are still the same, and you need to complete all 131 quests of main line to switch to bonus quests. Only rewards are affected.

edeba

I have 5 relics collected and the quests switch down to 20 candies per quest and I am finding them difficult. I don't think I am going to get far enough to consider putting out this building. Rewards possible seem quite low this event, but they were pretty good previously.

The attributes of this building do not motivate me to even care.

UlyssesBlue

Event looks good so far. I'm glad to see the dual questlines and rotating chests are back.
Further impressions now that I've played a bit more:

Mostly the same criticisms as the last time this style of event was here:
- the random quest system sometimes puts a few too many similar quests in a row, or multiple overly time-consuming quests in close proximity. When things weren't random these were usually spaced out quite well. I don't mind quests being random, but there's room for improvement here.
- there's still the occasional quest that is impossible for players at certain points in the game, and these should really get an alternative.
- the 'produce X quantity of [stuff]' quests are a nuisance. They're typically very time consuming, and often force us to forgo picking up productions in the off-chance that such a quest will come along, which is just frustrating. I'd rather see them replaced with 'gain X quantity of [stuff]'. Why does it matter if this means it's quicker to finish the main quest line?
- the grand prize isn't terrible, but it would be nice if it gave KPs instead of KP instants. I have no desire to have more than one of these in my city though, unlike some previous grand prizes, where multiple buildings were an attractive option.

And now for the positives and neutrals:
- Story element is nice. Could go for a bit longer though.
- Dual questlines are great. Hope they're here to stay.
- Rotating chests are marvellous. Glad to see these back. <3 <3 <3
- Some chests have changed from previous events. Changes seem to be minimal, so not a big deal. Less time instants isn't serious since we now have the spire giving out a decent amount of these.

Overall impression: not perfect, but such a massive improvement over the last event that it feels like a relief. I'm enjoying this event, although taking things at a more relaxed pace as there's no incentive to get multiple grand prizes. I don't mind going full on in events though, so this is neither a positive nor a negative about this event.

aliceFalling

Now I get it.
However here is another oddity: I finished quest #124 and then the quest line jumped straight to "bonus section". #125 is "Produce [9 hours] 3 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters".
First I thought I miscalculated the number of quest I completed, but then I realized, even if I did, first should come the "gain supply" and "gain coin" quest, only after that the "bonus quest" suppose to start.
Is the random quest-line shortened and those "gain ..." quests omitted?
me too, but when i went back to complete it this morning it had changed from three to five farmers.

edeba

I do not like this event. I am down to 20 candies per quest, only have 6 artifacts, the quests to get 20 candies are things like 2 toolboxes at current level, scout a province, complete a technology and just stuff that leaves me resigned to expect to be able to complete maybe one quest per day, and then it seems a lot harder to get through a level. Based on perception from previous events I go through my candies thinking it will get me through a level, and it doesn't. The rewards along the path are not inspiring and you can strip previously gained time rewards probably at a rate 5 times faster than you can get more. It is definitely a strong net negative gain. I would advise against knocking yourself out.

Avenahar

" a questline that will be the same for all players, as we have done previously "
THANK YOU! This is great! There is only one little problem to solve: would you please give the authors of elvengems.com the questline to publish it there - as they have done previously :)

Dony

King of Bugs
i wonder was the main reason for this change low amount of artifacts for free players? because i dont believe quests were so hard to completely change whole event

Biloutte91

@Marindor , this Year or this day ?

Capture d’écran 2020-01-31 à 18.13.11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.