• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Our Note has all the information you need: https://tinyurl.com/varaehy
You are welcome to share it with friends who do not play in Beta!

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

These are the Rotating Chests - feel free to use the graphic if you have a use for it.

Has anyone done the math yet for which chest is good for what?
Please share!

82456467_10215740185518256_3774683801100222464_o.jpg

DeletedUser2526

Please no more Library.... give us something new... so old, so redundant...so boring...

Deleted User - 81190

I have updated the strategy calculators for the Elvarian Carnival event (as started on Beta). We're back to 3-chest theater system (so thanks for that), but this time around it is NOT just a cosmetic change comparing to the last 3-chest events. There are changes in chests content and costs; generally speaking grand prizes and daily prizes stayed roughly the same, but the side rewards have been severely nerfed. Especially time instants, e.g. Red's 4x8h @ 40% became 2x5h @ 20%. The expected value of timeboosts for this particular chest went down by more than a factor of 6...

And again, total amount of event currency estimates are hard to figure out this time around. So you again can use the tool to solve the inverse problem - how much event currency do you need to get in order to have a good shot at desired outcome (such as 1x or 2x L10 grand prize), and then go from there.

Discussion and links:

Deleted User - 81190

Do you have some kind of table that shows which chest is good for what, please?
That's what optimal strategy calculator shows - depending on what do you want to get, it ranks chests from best to worst. E.g. for grand prizes:

GP2020.PNG

There are many permutations of what one may want to acquire, so a single table makes little sense.

Lovec Krys

@MinMax Gamer That depends, some players prefer residences over having half of city filled with pop/cult buildings. And at the end of Elvenar chapter we get wonder boosting residences.

@goines Venar III are better than most of pop/cult hybrids available

@Sunnydae I would rather have libraries instead of useless valentines artefacts, at least libraries are small and produces KPs, while valentines artefacts are good only for disenchanting.

Maillie

No one wants to work to collect things to be "rewarded" with 1 kp, or any other filler prize. It might have been fun to create, but it certainly wasn't fun to play.

You may want to temper you enthusiasm. Chests were nerfed, so Sea Green chest (with a hefty price of 41) will now reward you with - you guessed it - the grand total of 1 KP, at 40% probability.

Because previous 3 KP was clearly excessive. Smh...
But we don't have to be disappointed to get that, we have a choice to not purchase that chest. I always check the chests for worst prizes and choose the one that has a better return, since I'm pretty likely to get the worst prize. We had no such option in the Winter Shuffle the Garbage event.

The entire logic behind nerfing the prizes escapes me. More prizes = more fun, and more reasons to pay to play. Lessening a 3kp reward to a 1 kp reward also leaves me smh. Why complain that some people win too many prizes and ruin the competition, then sell magic houses and magic workshops, along with piles of diamonds to sweep through chapters? I appreciate the ones that can pay to keep the game alive, we can't all do that. I don't see how they're ruining the game by having more. Many of us just play for fun, and nerfing prizes is not as much fun, but still better than the winter horror story.

Arthus

That's what optimal strategy calculator shows - depending on what do you want to get, it ranks chests from best to worst. E.g. for grand prizes:

View attachment 6878

There are many permutations of what one may want to acquire, so a single table makes little sense.

How can purple be last if it has 26.83 ratio per 1 main prize point while red chest has 28.67?
Didn't you made mistake? It rewards 6 points now, not 5 like before

Festival Merchant: 1500 seeds in 12h
Valentine Float: 1060 seeds in 24h

is that for real? Literally evo building is the weakest source of seeds in the game according to elvenarchitect...
2.76 per 1x1 per hour, other buildings are 8.28 up to 10.42 for festival merchant...

This will be probably first evo building that i won't build in a city if they won't buff it.
Mana and seeds ammounts are atrocious, nothing more useful produced. It would be better if it gave 3rd tier of goods instead...

Last edited:

Maillie

Is this another nerf, or am I not seeing things correctly? I'm not getting candy to pick up as much as I used to. I got up this morning, had 8kp showing, but only had 5 candies to pick up. Did we not get this, or more, in 3 hours previously? I had a notice showing that I could purchase bonus candies. I did that once and I'm pretty sure it was $4.99. Each time I collected the event goods from the city I got an additional one. The next time they offered the same package it was $7.99. This package is now $9.99, but if we can't collect as many candies it is a LOT more expensive.

palmira

later segments even tho they are similar to winter event have some quests changed, level restriction comes already in segment 4, upgrade buidlings quests are back, complete provinces or solving encounters are new addition and quite early aswell
I am on my second marble factory for the upgrade quests that seem to pop up very frequently. That one and the 15 vapour vision and the produce huge amount of goods or hammers. I am now at 35 candies per quest

Deleted User - 81190

How can purple be last if it has 26.83 ratio per 1 main prize point while red chest has 28.67?
Didn't you made mistake? It rewards 6 points now, not 5 like before
No, there is no mistake. You can't rank chests by simple ratios because chest cost matters as well. Though in this case you're missing even simpler aspect - both chests return some event currency, so adjusted ratios are significantly better. And Red chest gains back much more on a relative basis.

DeletedUser2770

Glad to see the old chest system return instead of the strictly RNG of the last event. Altho even that has been greatly reduced as chests cost more, and reward worse prizes.
But very upsetting to also see the return of all the "solve x encounters" "scout a province" "collect x relics" "complete a province" quests.
Why can't we get the good reward system with a set of bearable quests? Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Deleted User - 81190

But very upsetting to also see the return of all the "solve x encounters" "scout a province" "collect x relics" "complete a province" quests.
Why can't we get the good reward system with a set of bearable quests? Why does it have to be all or nothing?
These quests in one form or another were in all previous events in recent history, so not sure why the surprise.

Jackluyt

I was hoping that someone would have a simple table of which chests in order give the best chance of the Daily Exclusives, and which give the most Flags.
That is all that most of my players want to see!

Heymrdiedier

I was hoping that someone would have a simple table of which chests in order give the best chance of the Daily Exclusives, and which give the most Flags.
That is all that most of my players want to see!
Why don't you make it yourself? if that's what your players wanna see, i think you should make it and not ask others to make it for you.

Jackluyt

Comments and Suggestions - first impressions; more to follow

Please feel free to submit your own comments! Elvenar@breede,co,za
  1. The Artwork and technical production is, as usual, excellent! Well done Elvenar Team!
    :)
    A tiny point for improvement - the Candy Baskets on Browser are not as easy to spot as the Red Ribbons were, for example. Some of us have poor eye sight...
  2. I am so happy to see us return to the ‘three-chest model’!
    Let’s hope we never see that awful Shuffleboard again!
  3. The upgrade a building to level 16 is back again! I had hoped that we had seen the last of this - it forces me to sell a good building and build it again - which is a total waste of time, presuming I do not have a technology to do, or an Ancient Wonder ready to upgrade.
    Event quests should be constructive not destructive!! They should add to normal city development - not work against it!!
    My comment about the Quest Set from the last event was that it was the best they have done yet - there were very few if any quests that would make it impossible for unusual cities to progress. Re-introducing this Level 16 build is, for me, a massive step backwards.
Here is our Note if you would like to share with friends who don't play on Beta.
I am busy putting the finishing touches to it today:
https://tinyurl.com/varaehy

index.php

Why don't you make it yourself? if that's what your players wanna see, i think you should make it and not ask others to make it for you.

I probably will if push comes to shove - but it is an immense amount of work putting together an Event Note single-handed. I do not have a team to help me.
Usually someone posts a summary of which chests are good for what; it saves me time not having to re-invent the wheel when someone else has done it already

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.