• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovec Krys

So Bubble float has come to live.
And with my city near the end of Constructs I did some math:
Production per square per hour:
Bubble float - 45,50
Aqaduct - 46,29

So if anyone near the end of Constructs chapter has enough seeds, it's actualy better to build Aquaducts than the daily reward Bubble float.

Congratulations Inno developers, you have made a daily reward mana/cult hybrid which is actualy worse than standard mana/cult hybrid from research!

Deleted User - 81190

For what it's worth, at least the float has higher culture density. For pure culture event buildings, their density is routinely lower than Lava Codex from the MA...

Maillie

So if anyone near the end of Constructs chapter has enough seeds, it's actualy better to build Aquaducts than the daily reward Bubble float.

Well, this makes no sense whatsoever to me. At the end of Chapter 15 the Aquaduct provides 20,000 mana (24 hours) in a 4x6 space, along with 7100 culture. The Bubbles Float provides 10,000 mana (24 hours) in a 4x2 space, with 4400 culture. I can put 3 Bubbles Floats in the space of one single Aquaduct, for a total of 30,000 mana and 13,200 culture. If I only win one Bubbles I could either replace the Aquaduct and have a 4x4 space left for another culture item (or anything else I might need) or poke it into its own little spot. And it doesn't require seeds to build it, plus it's upgradable in the next chapter, not possible with the expansion stealing Aquaduct. Big win for Bubbles!

Maillie

@Maillie Bubbles are 48h not 24h. If it was 24h it would be ok.
That's why I put in parentheses 24 hour collection. The 48 hour collection is 20,000, not 10,000. Early collection of the 4x2 is 10,000 in 24 hours. Full collection of the 4x6 is 20,000 in 24 hours. 3 early collections of Bubbles in the same space as Aquaduct = 30,000 mana. Aquaduct is 1,111/hr. One single Bubbles is 416/hr, but 3 fit in the same space. 416 X 3 = 1248/hr. No matter how you look at it, particularly if it's upgradable, Bubbles is clearly the winner.

Last edited:

Karvest

not 24, but 18
and just for comparison - Revelers Fountain without set bonuses give 106,48 mana/cell/hour, with full set bonus x4.5 times more = 479.1(6) mana/cell/hour. = x9 times more than bubbles/cell.
Frost Carved Christmas Tree = 53.24 x4 (set bonus).
etc.
Advanced players have no need for both Bubbles/Aqueduct...

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

It seems @Lovec Krys used chapter 14 numbers for the float, not chapter 15 - hence the discrepancy. @Karvest numbers look correct.

Advanced players have no need for both Bubbles/Aqueduct...
True for me at least, I've been swimming in mana for quite a while. Might be a decent addition for earlier chapters however, but probably not something one would want to carry into the end game.

maxiqbert

A good leveled dragon abbey, and it's not possibile right after completing sorceres and dragons; maybe in halflings, more likely at the end of the chapter.
that's your opinion
and I can tell you you're wrong, since I did just that : building and leveling the abbey right after the sorcerers

Lovec Krys

It seems @Lovec Krys used chapter 14 numbers for the float, not chapter 15 - hence the discrepancy. @Karvest numbers look correct.
Yes, I was writing this from the view of an city ending Constructs, it's there in the post above the numbers.
Of course chapter 15 Bubbles is better than chapter 14 Aqaduct. But the point was, that if you have enough seeds, building Aquaduct gives you more mana/square/hour than the same chapter(=14) Bubbles.

My main city is at the end of Elvenars and my mana is provided by 2 Christmass trees + Dragon abbey and thousands spells if needed.

salandrine

Last time I saw Mana huts on Mermaids in summer last year. So maybe we will get some in eastern event, but maybe we'll have to wait till about june.

And till then about 1 oder even 2 chapters will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.