• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival 2021

chris0707070707

No, this was result of someone getting 180 keys per quest in day 1 of event (it was changed to 80 maximum per quest in day 2, noon server time.
Of course that person had no information that 180 per quest will be in day 1 only, of course.
Here we go again with new (old) conspiracy theories ;) I already asked you to do some basic math:
Discussion - Winter Magic | Page 44 | Elvenar Beta Forum

Gingerbread event if you don't recall, had fair endless questline with limited earnings.

Are you sure ? ;)

gingerbread.jpg

Last edited:

edeba

@SoggyShorts
I thing it's the mana costs which is greatly out of balance in the latest chapter(s).
There's no balancing when they rise mana consumption several times between chapters without rising the production.
And getting only mana/pop/cult hybrids with low mana production makes it only worse (especialy for those who don't have large amount of older cult hybrids in their inventories (as well as enough teleports)).

My main complaint for this building is that there has been no mana/cult building for several events bigger than 2x2, only mana/pop/cult buildings, and players with old mana/cult buildings have no way of upgrade their (up to several chapters) old hybrids.
Totally agree that mana costs have gone way out of balance as in way too high, and a high need for everything. I think that it hasn't totally stifled the game yet is because so many players have not used their spells so they have huge stockpiles of them and they use them for mana from the Dragon Abby. But there is no question with the degree that those stores are declining to meet mana demands that mana demands are way out of balance.

Lovec Krys

1612267228920.png

Main reward would be nice if it had given more seeds (by removing coins (and/or T1) and boost seed production for that).

@edeba And some use their large stocks of teleports and old event buildings for everything. I have split the chapter into 2 phases (research, upgrade - and it has been almost 1 and half month after finishing research and I'm still upgrading manufactories with their 1M+ mana costs (I'm saving my spells, instead I'm using large pool of lava eggs (16)+2 Christmass trees + Maze(which will be especialy needed for the insane Main hall upgrade costs in upcoming chapters) )).

Last edited:

Arthus

View attachment 8652
Main reward would be nice if it had given more seeds (by removing coins (and/or T1) and boost seed production for that).

@edeba And some use their large stocks of teleports and old event buildings for everything. I have split the chapter into 2 phases (research, upgrade - and it has been almost 1 and half month after finishing research and I'm still upgrading manufactories with their 1M+ mana costs (I'm saving my spells, instead I'm using large pool of lava eggs (16)+2 Christmass trees + Maze(which will be especialy needed for the insane Main hall upgrade costs in upcoming chapters) )).

The problem is not needed gold production and very weak pop/cult compared to Golem/Witch (same as Owl).
It already is better for seeds than Stonehenge or Valentine Platform.
In comparison:

1612270655423.png

1612270677999.png

Here is "Witches Hut" enhanced by Neighborly Help in the city without Watchtower ruins

1612270916014.png

Last edited:

MstrBengals

Why does it seem like every quest either is scout a province, complete x number of encounters, collect relics or complete x number or provinces. For those in the early chapters (1- 3) it doesn't give much of an opportunity. I have scouted till all my new scouts are in the hard range, I have no more encounters to solve, I don't have enough provinces to collect all the relics I need in tourney's, etc. This needs to be lightened up a bit.

CrazyWizard

Why does it seem like every quest either is scout a province, complete x number of encounters, collect relics or complete x number or provinces. For those in the early chapters (1- 3) it doesn't give much of an opportunity. I have scouted till all my new scouts are in the hard range, I have no more encounters to solve, I don't have enough provinces to collect all the relics I need in tourney's, etc. This needs to be lightened up a bit.

It has nothing to do with early chapters, in fact scouting is "easy" in early chapters, I for example need to wait a week before I can scout a province.

We all have our advantages and drawbacks, if not mistaken there are always alternatives, spire encounters for example or tournament encounters (starts tonight) als there is plenty of time left.

Even if you cannot fight an encounter, scouting is still possible, negotiations are still possible and relatively cheap.
I cannot scout, I must do the alternative.

MstrBengals

It has nothing to do with early chapters, in fact scouting is "easy" in early chapters, I for example need to wait a week before I can scout a province.

We all have our advantages and drawbacks, if not mistaken there are always alternatives, spire encounters for example or tournament encounters (starts tonight) als there is plenty of time left.

Even if you cannot fight an encounter, scouting is still possible, negotiations are still possible and relatively cheap.
I cannot scout, I must do the alternative.
So I can scout orange and red provinces and I should not worry about the difficulty in "solving" them? As for options?? "Collect 16 relics" there is no other option for example. And if you have fought the tourney (my whole 3 provinces) and you don't have the spire yet?

NO I do not expect easy, just reasonable. Events are not made for people in chapter 1 or 2 and possibly 3.

CrazyWizard

So I can scout orange and red provinces and I should not worry about the difficulty in "solving" them? As for options?? "Collect 16 relics" there is no other option for example. And if you have fought the tourney (my whole 3 provinces) and you don't have the spire yet?

NO I do not expect easy, just reasonable. Events are not made for people in chapter 1 or 2 and possibly 3.

yes you can scout as much as you like, solving it is a different thing.

16 relics, from tuesday till saturday you can aquire tons of relics from the tournaments. to enter a tournament you need to be in a fellowship. and if you want to solo you can make a solo fellowship for it.

off course it's a bit easier for us to do many of those compared to you, but the first few fights are extreelijk easy, I Think the first fight is 100% of your units vs 12,5% the the enemies.
Also no matter how difficult a province might be on the world map, you can always negotiate it. (exception is if you reach 222 provinces before you reach the orcs)

Since your scout is taking minutes or hours to complete you get access to both scout assignments and provinces, hour scouts takes a week so we get access to 1 scout and encounters/relics a week from the world map.

"blue, green yellow and red" difficulty is the difference between your swad size and that of the enemy. when you unlock new squad size researches you squad size changes and then there is a new "me vs the enemey" difference. this difference determines how difficult a province is. so a dark red province now could become a green one in the future of you unlock enough SS research.

The events resonably balanced towards any player in the game no matter where you are.
Somtimes it's more an assignemtn is difficult for beginners and easy for advanced players and sometimes is difficult for advanced players and easy for beginners.

The onlu exception is chapter 1 and 2, but those are so fast that any prize won in that period is obsolete in the blink of an eye. so it's not that important from a game perspective, it also makes sense that you cannot do everything the day you start.

Once you hit chapter 3, every event should be possible to complete.

Enevhar Aldarion

For the entire life of the game, the month-long events have never been easy for new cities. There used to be mini-events, that lasted only 2 weeks, that were made for anyone to be able to complete, but we have not had any of those in almost two years now.

PaNonymeB

For the entire life of the game, the month-long events have never been easy for new cities. There used to be mini-events, that lasted only 2 weeks, that were made for anyone to be able to complete, but we have not had any of those in almost two years now.
Has it been that long? Geesh
I think the last one was Freakenspleen in November 2019

Jammin

If you're in Chapter 1 or Chapter 2, don't worry about the event. Take whatever you may need and chop it off, see that you get to Chapter 3 as soon as possible ... from there you have fun, stay there and think about what your goal is, build your city accordingly of your goal or build a farm town that allows you to participate in anything. Play the tower and tournament, catalog your resources, invest easy-to-obtain resources to get better ones and invest again, expand your academy, make recipes that are valuable so that you are supplied when you move on and at some point when you are competitive you have everything you need, WP blessings, time boosters, tournament boosters, fragments, combination triggers, relics, animal feed and much more ...
At some point, the events will drive you out of the chapter because of the costs, e.g. buying knowledge points or negotiating map encounters, then move on to the next sweetspot and continue farming, get yourself a fire phoenix and a brown bear until you reach the orc chapter.

If you want to play Elvenar because it's pretty, you don't have to worry about where you are and what you need.

Jackluyt

There are various methods to calculate which chest is best chest for prizes or daily exclusives. This is my attempt, based on the chart posted above.
It was made for the average Elvenar player with limited basic computer skills, who wants to see the information at a single glance,
I have never done a chart like this before, and would like to know if this one is essentially correct or do I need to change anything?

Comments / suggestions are welcome!!

145617724_10218574488734065_1014672371579123988_o.jpg

This is the version I have posted In our Event Note; I need confirmation that the calculations are correct:

145883975_10218577034277702_396796249198839362_n.jpg

Last edited:

ekarat

Not really. I mean there's @MinMax Gamer 's way and a few wrong ones, but not much debate :p hehehe

I have to agree. The greedy strategy (best ratio for each individual choice) is easy to calculate, but the very best chest is so good that you want to get cheaper chests at worse ratios just to be able to get more chances at the best chest. I had to do the calculations myself earlier in this thread to verify, but yes, it's true.

MstrBengals

If you're in Chapter 1 or Chapter 2, don't worry about the event. Take whatever you may need and chop it off, see that you get to Chapter 3 as soon as possible ... from there you have fun, stay there and think about what your goal is, build your city accordingly of your goal or build a farm town that allows you to participate in anything. Play the tower and tournament, catalog your resources, invest easy-to-obtain resources to get better ones and invest again, expand your academy, make recipes that are valuable so that you are supplied when you move on and at some point when you are competitive you have everything you need, WP blessings, time boosters, tournament boosters, fragments, combination triggers, relics, animal feed and much more ...
At some point, the events will drive you out of the chapter because of the costs, e.g. buying knowledge points or negotiating map encounters, then move on to the next sweetspot and continue farming, get yourself a fire phoenix and a brown bear until you reach the orc chapter.

If you want to play Elvenar because it's pretty, you don't have to worry about where you are and what you need.
I want to thank everyone for the replies. However, that being said, I wasn't asking advice on how to play the game. I have been doing that for 1 1/2 years now. I was giving an opinion relating to the event and early chapters on items I feel are an issue. Please, when someone gives an opinion or reporting what they feel is an issue, please don't tell them how to play the game unless they ask.

Lovec Krys

Some comments on the daily rewards so far:
Day 1 - Elder Snowman - I consider every pop/cult hybrid which gives less pop than culture as bad*
Day 2 - Yeti Hot Spring - So far best ratio for pop/cult hybrid in this event, but it is not so long after the best pop/cult hybrid ever, so nothing for any of my cities - and it is also too small, i prefer all daily rewards being at least 3x3 (due to limited number of dailies you can obtain in a single event)
Day 3 - 10% PP - I don't even consider this as a reward, should be 30 or 50% to be worth called daily reward (and usefull for players who don't have thousands % of PPs)
Day 4 - Elven Float - Another pop/cult with bad pop/cult ratio*
Day 5 - Woodelven Float - Good, that there is something for seeds, but crafted Festival Merchant from ch14 is still better than Woodelven Float ch17!
Day 6 - Gaelagil's Balcony - Another bad pop/cult hybrid (and small)*
Day 7 - A Halfing Carriage - First pure pop 3x4 - good for someone who needs it.
Day 8 - Aureate Willow - First mana/cult hybrid - but small and worse than Lava Eggs from ch15
Day 9 - Carnival Choreography - second pure cult, if someone needs, but smaller and a little worse than Halfing Carriage
Day 10 - Dawn of Spring Shrine - Another bad pop/cult hybrid*
Day 11 - Prince Charming Float - Second seed hybrid - still worse than Festival Merchant from ch14
Day 12 - Dragon Float - anothr bad pop/cult hybrid*

* - Good pop/cult hybrid has pop at least equal to cult it provides and is at least 3x3

My beta village is still waiting for some good mana building to replace ch 15 Lava Eggs and ch 15 Burning Pools, so far both ch 17 mana hybrids has worse mana production than those old buildings and I still need 20-25M mana to upgrade my 4T3 and 2T6.
Also something better than Festival Merchant is needed especialy after trader gets switched to Unurium pernamently when ch18 comes out (that is valid at least for my beta city, my main city might partialy generate seeds due to higher unurium production and much higher wonder levels).

Jammin

I want to thank everyone for the replies. However, that being said, I wasn't asking advice on how to play the game. I have been doing that for 1 1/2 years now. I was giving an opinion relating to the event and early chapters on items I feel are an issue. Please, when someone gives an opinion or reporting what they feel is an issue, please don't tell them how to play the game unless they ask.
oki sorry, it seemed to me that you had problems with the event because you are in one of the first two chapters.
Nevertheless, I did not intend to lecture you, so I did not quote your contribution, but described the options in general that are available from Chapter 3. It's a solid style of play that you can use, but I didn't write that it's the only one. Furthermore, I think that especially the new players cannot be told often enough that they don't need to take events in chapters 1 and 2 that seriously, maybe not necessarily on beta.
If I remember my first event in Chapter 1 or 2, back then there were still 2 hour boosters in the boxes, so I invested so much to finish the quest for a grand prize that was worthless. At the time, I would have liked someone to tell me that.