• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival 2021

Lovec Krys

Simple solution: The last few daily quests shouldn't be hard or daily quests should have ended few days before end (few more quests would have been before daily quests).

Btw, no good mana hybrid this event - I will have to wait untill next one.
And from 3 seeds hybrids this event, tha last one is of course the worst (adding pop to the seed hybrids don't make them better, but worse, since it lower the seed production).

Enevhar Aldarion

Hello Inno Games ....

who of you came up with the idea to have 5 Enchantment Spell produced on the last day?

The small members and members without a level 5 academy and without a time booster cannot complete the quest now.
What is this nonsense?

The catalysts you can get from the Spire chests will count. The enchantments you can get from visiting count. The enchantments you can win in event chests count.

Arthus

Event made in 3 days, rest of it is boring waiting for event to end due to weak rewards.
Combined with unfair spire who has already given some people 10+ artifacts and others 1 or 0 in 4 tries i have similar thoughts overall about all events in the game.

IG team is either blind, or makes it on purpose to get rid of old players and get new ones.
Probably Gingerbread event with bonus questline with limited 20+ candies per quest was the closest one to perfection.

The best culture rewards of Carnival are the same power as Red Codex. Nothing more needed to say.
Population dailies not even close to high tier.
Unit instants still the basic ones.
Portal profits in dailies for high chapter players with 1000+ portal profits in inventory is very sad.
Everything is only new player this, new player that.

SoggyShorts

unfair spire who has already given some people 10+ artifacts and others 1 or 0 in 4 tries
I hate this a lot.
What we should have is NEW prizes in the spire chests, not the broken moonstone set, and not artifacts.
100 Artifact fragments = 1 universal Artifact.
Every fight in the spire should award 1 AF with gates giving 2 and bosses 3. That's 63/100 every week (just like your Spire "score" in the purple bar on the side)
For the FA we should also get 1 per flag, 2 per spot, 5 per crossroads for a total of 201 AF if you complete every single spot in the adventure.

CrazyWizard

I think part of this saga is to create more incentive to go to the top. there are only 6 weeks of opportunity so if you want it you have no choice.
Some will decide to use diamonds to reach this goal (which obviously is the intended goal of this)

With a "universal" artefact this incentive ain't there, you can pick whatever you like, and in this suggestion it will just take a bit longer.
the angst and anxiety to miss out is what games like this financially thrive on. each time the phoenix is offered people get crazy spending habits.

I'll think a "event swap" would have created more income, as I have seen plenty people buy event currency just to get more artefacts.
That said this could be targetted at the long run, force people up the tower and see how many will stick and keep doing it, seeing if that will increase income over a longer time span.

Also it would not suprise me if in the end we seen another swap at the easter event and this is just an appetiser.

I would love to see a "permanent" way to aquire phoenix and bear artefacts troughout the year, maybe at the top of the spire 5% chance phoenix, 5% chance bear.
a uni artefact is very powerfull and potentially undermining there event strategy, if you would add it it should be really rara, so more like 1000+ points instead of 100. 100 is too easy. tho I would like to see some mitiligation agains the random, like some lowered odds in the golden / purple chest to 5% and then 1 artefact every 2 spire's if you reach the top, lets say 120 points.

Or at least the event way, some way to just "buy" the artefact for xxx diamonds if you reach the top, similar like you can buy event currency to het what you desire.

SoggyShorts

a uni artefact is very powerfull and potentially undermining there event strategy, if you would add it it should be really rara, so more like 1000+ points instead of 100. 100 is too easy.
The current odds in the spire are to get 5.5 phoenix artifacts in 6 weeks, my suggestion would yield 0.6 per week.
The current odds in the FA are 100% of getting 2 artifacts for just showing up, my suggestion requires a 100% clear rate of all FA maps for 2.
We're talking about enough artifacts for maybe 4 buildings per year, and you think it should be reduced to 4 buildings per decade?
That seems a little stingy to me.

CrazyWizard

The current odds in the spire are to get 5.5 phoenix artifacts in 6 weeks, my suggestion would yield 0.6 per week.
The current odds in the FA are 100% of getting 2 artifacts for just showing up, my suggestion requires a 100% clear rate of all FA maps for 2.
We're talking about enough artifacts for maybe 4 buildings per year, and you think it should be reduced to 4 buildings per decade?
That seems a little stingy to me.

Yes, but you are talking about a universal artefact, that is one that not only those without a firebird / bear, but for everyone.
This means if another "good" building comes along people like me would have a nice little stock of universal artefacts.

A phoenix artefact is just that and only of use to a limited public that cannot "(ab)use" it.
your idea could work if it was a phoenix artefact and only for a limited time like the current 6 weeks.

A universal artefact is simply to powerfull, and people like me would abuse the hell out of it when the opportunity comes.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

A universal artefact is simply to powerfull, and people like me would abuse the hell out of it when the opportunity comes.
Nope. You'd be easy to stop. No second base = no abuse.
Solutions are simple man if you put 10% of the effort into solutions instead of crapping on every idea you could find them too.

iDavis

@SoggyShorts but universal artifact is danger to the future events, if not anything else. Inno want to give us the option to receive the artifacts that we can use for past evolving buildings, universal artifact would be viable for any future evolving building, so players could abuse the system by simply ignoring the grand prizes (at the expense of e.g. daily prizes) and still be able to fully evolve the potential, interesting main building. And this might be just one of the many reasons why we haven´t seen it yet.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Like Soggy writes, it doesn't matter how many artefacts you have, if you don't have a base (I currently have 14 phoenix artefacts in my inventory, but no Fire phoenix base to build and evolve second one).

@iDavis That could be solvable by adding new tab in Magic Academy for let's say disenchanting and assembling artefacts (or other way of artefact exchange) while limiting which artefacts are obtainable there, adding the new ones with a delay.
By that, players would be able to evolve past event's evos (if they have bases or have them partialy evolved in cities) while the new ones would be obtainable only in the current way for some time.
Another advantage of this system would be no artefact exchange recipes in crafting lowering pet food income during Phoenix & Bear events.

edeba

Universal artifact wouldn't be so bad if it was a trade 3-5 of any other artifact for it. Could even be declining, some how the more you have the more expensive the next one is, or +1 for every duplicate evolving building, so start at 3, and if you have 2 fire, 2 bears and 2 mermaids, yours trade-in cost would be 6.

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard Like Soggy writes, it doesn't matter how many artefacts you have, if you don't have a base (I currently have 14 phoenix artefacts in my inventory, but no Fire phoenix base to build and evolve second one).

@iDavis That could be solvable by adding new tab in Magic Academy for let's say disenchanting and assembling artefacts (or other way of artefact exchange) while limiting which artefacts are obtainable there, adding the new ones with a delay.
By that, players would be able to evolve past event's evos (if they have bases or have them partialy evolved in cities) while the new ones would be obtainable only in the current way for some time.
Another advantage of this system would be no artefact exchange recipes in crafting lowering pet food income during Phoenix & Bear events.
Solutions are simple man if you put 10% of the effort into solutions instead of crapping on every idea you could find them too.
@SoggyShorts but universal artifact is danger to the future events, if not anything else. Inno want to give us the option to receive the artifacts that we can use for past evolving buildings, universal artifact would be viable for any future evolving building, so players could abuse the system by simply ignoring the grand prizes (at the expense of e.g. daily prizes) and still be able to fully evolve the potential, interesting main building. And this might be just one of the many reasons why we haven´t seen it yet.

There are several ways in how inno=games earns money, Impatience and FOMO is a mayor part of this.
A Universal artefact directly affects the FOMO part of the game.
Remember when we got 2 artefacts in the FA? we instantly went into a "7 is enough mode", so when a while back we had no FA with a artafact of the previous event people where shocked.

Creating a universal artefact would remove this FOMO and change it into a who cares.

As for multiple bases, this is also part of the revenuestream of elvenar, the handfull of players who are willing to invest hundreds of euro's/dollars ect. in a single evet. if you want to spend 1000 euro and the grand prices run out, you contact support and they give the missing parts to you.
Innogames is not going to limit the crazy spenders from spending cash. would you if this was your company?

We can all play because of the few whales who dump a crapton of cash into a game like this.

Also I would save many of those in my inventory for that 1 moment there is something I really want, instead of spending money I could just get the second / third base and use these universal artefacts to simulate what another person would cost 200 dollar or so.

I am all for a better RNG than the current phoenix distribution, especially since currently there is no wat to influence it. you cannot "buy" yourself a second tower to get more opportunities. its 2 levels and 1 opportunity per week and thats it.
But , the FOMO does works as people who ignore / limit tower participation go all out and now have a real taste of it.
But it's aggrevating with this super random that the difference between the lowest and the highest is way to big. 6 weeks with these odds are to random.

So a different approch for a better RNG would be welcome, but that approach should be the phoenix artefact or the artefact the enter the next time.

The universal artefact is like openening pandora's box.

Arthus

The universal artefact is like openening pandora's box.

This opening of pandora's box is inevitable because they already introduced:
5 different artifacts in 2019,
7 different artifacts in 2020,
1 artifact in 2021 + next phoenix one incoming.
That's 14 different artifacts already, to put each one in Spires or Events is hardly possible.

Some of them didn't return for almost 2 years from now.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

This opening of pandora's box is inevitable because they already introduced:
5 different artifacts in 2019,
7 different artifacts in 2020,
1 artifact in 2021 + next phoenix one incoming.
That's 14 different artifacts already, to put each one in Spires or Events is hardly possible.

Some of them didn't return for almost 2 years from now.

Why? not all have to return,
For now only phoenix and bear should return for obvious reasons.
But all the other ones? does anyone care?

off course they can use those to mix something up, but there obviously not as special als fire phoenix, icebear and brown bear.
Those are the 3 absolute gamechangers. (for now)

Lovec Krys

Maybe those who have them in city, but not maxed (f.e. might be Stonehenge 8 or Witch Hut 9 or whatever else). They would welcome the oportunity to evolve them (here comes some kind of artefact exchange mechanism for old evos (if they allow the exchange with delay let's say half year, there would be no money loss for Inno)).
In my case, the only one(s) I need to upgrade is(are) Polar bear(s), but for that I don't need an universal artefact (or artefact exchange).

SoggyShorts

For now only phoenix and bear should return for obvious reasons.
To answer your question, yes, thousands of players have unfinished evolution buildings. you forget the 99% isn't like you.
You say that universal artifact is too powerful, and then you say only bears and Firebird matter, all others are unimportant.
So, the universal artifact works as long as they don't hand out bear or fire bases to anyone who already has a base.
Remember when we got 2 artefacts in the FA? we instantly went into a "7 is enough mode", so when a while back we had no FA with a artafact of the previous event people where shocked.
Again, 1%er mentality. Thousands of players don't even finish events.
As for FOMO, that'll always exist, and they can simply sell full sets or full evo's including 9 artifacts for $100 like they did before.
Just the other day I was talking to a new player who started around 4 months ago and is already done chapter 12 with all magic buildings and every available Diamond expansion. Easy $5K right there.

Also, the "7 is enough mentality" for artifacts already exists, I'm actually saying it should be harder and there should be incentive to complete 9 paths in the FA instead of 3 for essentially the same prize.

and Finally, (this is what problem-solving looks like BTW) they could increase the cost of event flags so that "7 isn't enough". Simply make the average number of artifacts won in an event when picking chests lower than 7.

In 5 minutes you could redesign the game so that to evolve a new building would require
  • an entire event (for 5 normal artifacts)
  • an entire FA of all 9 paths (200 AF)
  • all 3 floors of the spire for a month (252 AF)
That leaves 0.5 of a universal artifact leftover after evolving your new building to the max.
As long as each new building is desirable, which isn't hard, players will place and spend.
Might there be freaks in the 1% who don't place good buildings in order to hoard AF for a future great building? Maybe, but again solutions are SO simple you're just being silly if you can't see them:

A cap on Artifact Fragments. o_O

The broken rune shards are what inspired Artifact Fragments, and like those, the purpose is to complete unfinished buildings. If we set a cap on how many AF you can have in the bank we limit the loophole abuse attempts pretty easily.

Enevhar Aldarion

Whatever they do, an artifact for a building that does not have a feeding effect should never be given the same value as an artifact for a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear. So any system would need two tiers that cannot be crossed, or would be very expensive and only go one way, if Inno does not want players gaming the system.

eltina

when it is 1 provinse or/and collect 1

The and is not possible.

Attachments

• QandOr.png
    QandOr.png
    969.5 KB · Views: 136

Enevhar Aldarion

when it is 1 provinse or/and collect 1

The and is not possible.

You only have to do one of those two things. That is what the and/or means. Scout a province or collect an enchantment. You should probably report this as a text error, since only one of either is needed and not multiples.