• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

DeletedUser

Not sure your question really fits here :) but you know me, ill reply anyway :)
I think some players just quit because after a long wait to start the next chapter they found out to be stuck again because nog enough tree gum was being offered. That might have led to some frustration, but that was also the reason we had the long wait in the first place. I expect another long wait for T5 race to come indeed, and a longer wait for T6 race. Mainly because the long wait started an endless circle of players stopping, cause longer wait, causing more players stopping.
Personally i think there could have been better ways to handle the sentient goods. (like: you can produce them the whole chapter, but you dont really need them in researchtree or guestrace buildings untill the next chapter, only to upgrade your T1 factories to higher levels like it is now). You know there are also some heavy spenders on dutch who spend a lot of diamonds each time a chapter comes out. So it must be hurting inno as well by postponing these chapters.

I don't think the main reason for most players who quite the Elemental chapter was because of the sentient goods. From some that I've heard there main reason was the total lack of expansions (1 in the tree, none from provinces anymore). And yes they had build there city to the max with premium buildings, meaning that to complete this chapter they would have to tear those paid-for buildings down. That's throwing away a lot of money, I would be angry about that too if I had spend so much money.

There's also another reason (you know which ;)), but that would be off-topic and we are also not really allowed to talk about that anymore :mad:

DeletedUser118

Just a personal oppinion. If you're playing this game long enough, you know there are guest races coming. If you still think filling your city to the max is the best choice, than its somehow your own fault that you have to tear down these buildings again, especially if they cost you money.

DeletedUser

Just a personal oppinion. If you're playing this game long enough, you know there are guest races coming. If you still think filling your city to the max is the best choice, than its somehow your own fault that you have to tear down these buildings again, especially if they cost you money.

I do agree with you, but the damage is done now :( And business wise it's a strange strategy: the more money you spend, the more likely you are stuck now or have to throw money away. Those players are angry about that, because they expected to have at least an option to placed there premium expansions. They now have even stored up province expansions they can't place, which makes it even weirder: spend money on expansions, and now it turns out you shouldn't have bothered.

But besides that: other players like me, who didn't spend that much money, will have to wait again on the next chapter. Meaning that I, for instance, will not be spending money also during the long wait. I'm certainly not going to spend money on FSA.

Dony

King of Bugs
Can AW tooltip have 2 columns instead of 1 on smaller resolutions (1366x768)? I cant see last 2 rows
Or make tooltip shows rune shards from bottom to the top so i miss top 2 rows instead of bottom rows.
Number of broken shards are more valuable for me then number of rune shards

Attachments

• aw.png
    aw.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 242

SoggyShorts

From some that I've heard there main reason was the total lack of expansions (1 in the tree, none from provinces anymore). And yes they had build there city to the max with premium buildings, meaning that to complete this chapter they would have to tear those paid-for buildings down. That's throwing away a lot of money, I would be angry about that too if I had spend so much money.
Players like that present a very difficult problem.
1. They refuse to downsize their productions to what they need instead of what they want (possible ranking motive)
-I've checked a few of these "full map" cities, and with my 2/2/2 factories, and 36 fewer expansions I'm getting more tournament points, I'm further in the tech tree, and I had 6 expansions to use for level 1 event turds. I don't know what they are doing with their 7/7/7 builds...
2. They don't want to remove magical buildings that they have purchased, even though they don't need as many as they have.
-Just like premium culture buildings, magic workshops and residences can become obsolete, and destroying a couple of them doesn't cost money, in fact it saves them future money compared to upgrading them forever. They weren't a waste, they gave them a boost when they bought them.
3. If they were given more space, they would simply fill that space too, move through chapters even faster, and be waiting even longer for the next chapter which is another reason players have quit.
-Those who purchased so many expansions that they now have no place to put any additional expansions that they get from the tech tree paid for the advantage that the extra space gace them in earlier chapters. Again, not wasted money, they got something out of it.

Based on my experience doing the "free player challenge", the game is already quite fast, and rather simple, but if they upped the difficulty so that "maxed out" players still had a challenge, with even more land available, that challenge would likely be too much for other "average" players that only bought a few expansions.

I think a better set up would have been to allow players to only purchase expansions from the map(without needing to scout/clear), and from the tech tree(without needing to research), so that in the end everyone has the same size city, but those who wanted to could get the expansions much sooner.
There should also have been a limit on the number of magic Res/WS so that players don't overbuild and feel locked in to them.
Alas, that ship has long since sailed.

Deleted User - 60152

My city on US2 is maxed out - but I have torn down premium culture in the past. Right now, I have the room for everything I need for Elementals - but am concerned about the chapter after elementals. I will depend on the amount of space the next guest race requires.

Yes, I have magic houses and workshops and those I would hate to tear down. And I probably do over produce on goods, but I like having that cushion - probably because of when I didn't have enough and had to wait a day of two for trades or production to be able to do anything. Right now, I wish I had more seed production. And even though I'm not pushing to get through this chapter - I'll probably be done in a week of two also and waiting however patiently or not for the next one. Still have a number of upgrades to do and currently KINDA tech locked - because I'm holding stuff so I can use it for the event quests.

DeletedUser1909

I am just doing the Manifestation to lvl 3 upgrade myself.

@WolfSinger last 5 techs essence load 12,500 essence + 3000 for AW research

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I am just doing the Manifestation to lvl 3 upgrade myself.

@WolfSinger last 5 techs essence load 12,500 essence + 3000 for AW research
I think I'll be done the chapter before I get everything up to level 3....
3/3/4/5 at level 2 makes 1771 ess in 3 hours, so easily 1 tech per day. The only thing slowing me down at all is that I can't make artifacts and save seeds for techs at teh same time. I've almost got it working where I can make ess while saving up seeds, then make artifacts when I don't need seeds for next tech, but I'll be finished before I perfect it;)
Easiest chapter since Fairies IMO

Heymrdiedier

My city on US2 is maxed out - but I have torn down premium culture in the past. Right now, I have the room for everything I need for Elementals - but am concerned about the chapter after elementals. I will depend on the amount of space the next guest race requires.
personally i do think we will get an extra row in the next guest race tho. They said they wouldnt give an extra row in each chapter anymore, they never said they would never give an extra row anymore. Also the map is allready suited for an extra row, so one day it will come.
personally i think they are going with skipping 1 GR then do it again, like they do with barrack upgrades, armories upgrades etc..

Of course this is all just what i think (and hope for), and i doubt mods will confirm or denie it at this point allready when next guestrace isnt on the radar yet.

SoggyShorts

personally i do think we will get an extra row in the next guest race tho. They said they wouldnt give an extra row in each chapter anymore, they never said they would never give an extra row anymore. Also the map is allready suited for an extra row, so one day it will come.
personally i think they are going with skipping 1 GR then do it again, like they do with barrack upgrades, armories upgrades etc..

Of course this is all just what i think (and hope for), and i doubt mods will confirm or denie it at this point allready when next guestrace isnt on the radar yet.
It's certainly possible, but Timon did say that the main reason for not expanding the grid was the strain on older computers. Perhaps this will change with the move away from Flash, but will that happen before chapter 13?

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
It's certainly possible, but Timon did say that the main reason for not expanding the grid was the strain on older computers. Perhaps this will change with the move away from Flash, but will that happen before chapter 13?
i heard they are already testing flash free version, so i guess that would be priority now before implementing any ideas in current flash version

Heymrdiedier

now that elementals are a bit further in game yet. i want to add some more feedback about it:
I dont do tournament much, i just try to level up my city, doing that i use a lot of hammers, and ive always used PoP spells to get my hammers high enough.

My academy was almost constantly making those PoP spells. Now that i got my T4 bonus, i find that im in trouble, ive used so many relics of my T1+1 goods that my T4 bonus is very low. Basically my academy has stopped working since i reached the elemental chapter and im running out of spells to use.
This means my city will come to a full stop soon even tho i wasnt planning on it. Ill be running out of hammers and spells soon, and cant make more, im basically being forced to do tournament now, to get the required relics (since getting them off map will now take a few years of scouting) and to get the spells.

without the hammers, i cant run enough manufactories to either cater, and cant train enough troops to fight either.

So for me, i would like that PoP spells wouldnt use the relics that you need for T4 T5 and T6 boosts anymore. Cant you change that so we use the T1+2 relics instead?

palmira

I have the same problem in my live server but with fabrication spells and t2+1, the t5 goods that will pop in after/around summer i would say. I do tourneys a lot but those particular spells have to be done, we win only 11 each week so my academy is 24/7 churning those and a few meditation spells so my bar is always ready for 20 KPs. I will have to do a lot more provinces up to the second round on crystal provinces to make up for the couple hundred relics i use in between t2+1 tourneys.

Deleted User - 60152

I suspect we will eventually see something that will require the other goods - so asking them to change the runes required for spells is on going to be a short term solution.