• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

DeletedUser1909

I do not like the way that Marble is going to require alot more relics from me, I use them in spells all the time, Making the total as my 2nd Tier 4 boost is just not good game mechanics in my opinion.

@SoggyShorts I like where he's trying to go with that. A lack of Barracks upgrade and 4 mandatory ss teks sucks so much I cant even think of enough cuss words to describe it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1909

I know I starting to dread SS upgrades my squad size is 2346 now, and with no upgrade to the barracks training will be slower and slower.

DeletedUser1909

Ouch.....
Why they a have Armory upgrades but not a Barracks upgrade is just stange.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Why they a have Armory upgrades but not a Barracks upgrade is just stange.
Not at all,
Elementals = armory
Halflings = barracks
S&D = armory

I would guess that chapter 13 will be barracks, no armory.

I'm actually really happy about the armory upgrades.
I can go from 4 level 27 to 3 level 31, for almost the same result, and I save 33 squares of space.

Edit: I just calced it out, and my training queue will change from 11h34m to 11h26m after I make the switch, and get the mandatory SS upgrades.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1665

Does anyone know if they will be phasing out the need for Orc's as far as building or negotiations in or after this chapter?

DeletedUser1909

I sure hope Magic Residences and Workshops will still be upgradeable in E#lementals

SoggyShorts

Does anyone know if they will be phasing out the need for Orc's as far as building or negotiations in or after this chapter?
They have been referred to as "permanent resources", so I don't think they are going away.

I sure hope Magic Residences and Workshops will still be upgradeable in E#lementals
What are the chances that Inno wants to stop making money?

DeletedUser332

@SoggyShorts Do squad researches have a linear effect on tournament costs or how does that interaction work? All the SS techs (not counting the Elementals chapter) total up to a bonus of 2340, with 800 of it being from optional techs. As adding all the optional techs increases SS by over 50%, is this also the increase in catering cost for tournaments or is it affected differently? I want to know whether I should be angry over having to spend thousands of extra goods each tournament or tens of thousands of extra goods each tournament. :p

SoggyShorts

Do squad researches have a linear effect on tournament costs or how does that interaction work?
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is. I'll have to check next SS tech. It should be pretty simple to figure out if it is linear, just check the costs in a couple of tournament provinces, and then unlock the tech and compare. They prices and squad size do change even for tourney provinces already opened. @Dony has looked into it quite a bit I think, he might know for sure.

I don't have a city that will be unlocking an SS tech anytime soon, so if anyone would like to share their numbers, I can crunch em for you.
  • Squad size before tech
  • Cost of each goods type in a tournament province before tech
  • Squad size after tech
  • Cost of each goods type in the same tournament province after tech
The more detail the better.

DeletedUser1909

Point taken Soggy, but I hadn't seen the update to Elvernar Architect till today

DeletedUser1657

Not at all,
Elementals = armory
Halflings = barracks
S&D = armory

I would guess that chapter 13 will be barracks, no armory.

This pattern was announced ages ago becuase they wanted to decrease the number of military techs in each chapter. So instead of a barracks and armory each chapter and 2 levels we get them alternating chapters and 4 levels per tech.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is. I'll have to check next SS tech. It should be pretty simple to figure out if it is linear, just check the costs in a couple of tournament provinces, and then unlock the tech and compare. They prices and squad size do change even for tourney provinces already opened. @Dony has looked into it quite a bit I think, he might know for sure.

I don't have a city that will be unlocking an SS tech anytime soon, so if anyone would like to share their numbers, I can crunch em for you.
  • Squad size before tech
  • Cost of each goods type in a tournament province before tech
  • Squad size after tech
  • Cost of each goods type in the same tournament province after tech
The more detail the better.

No clue to caterings but squad sizes are 5% of your provincial squad size and it is 5% per round, so 25% at round 5, 50% at round 10 and 100% at round 20.

DeletedUser332

@Mykan Catering cost is the thing I'm wondering about though. :( The effect of SS researches for fighting is easy to see as you've pointed out, but what I'm wondering is whether it has an equal or a different effect on catering costs. For example, in province 20, you fight with 100% of your normal SS. If you unlock SS tech #39 and add 117 troops to your SS, is that also going to increase catering costs by 117 troops' worth of resources? That's what I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to, since while fighting with smaller overall squads in a tournament is an easily-observed benefit, there are still some rounds where you're essentially 'forced' to cater* so those costs are definitely relevant as well.

*I'm forced anyway, but perhaps there are some serious battlemasters out there who are capable of clearing their tournaments through rounds 5 and 6 without ever needing to cater. I'm not one of them!

DeletedUser

@Mykan Catering cost is the thing I'm wondering about though. :( The effect of SS researches for fighting is easy to see as you've pointed out, but what I'm wondering is whether it has an equal or a different effect on catering costs. For example, in province 20, you fight with 100% of your normal SS. If you unlock SS tech #39 and add 117 troops to your SS, is that also going to increase catering costs by 117 troops' worth of resources? That's what I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to, since while fighting with smaller overall squads in a tournament is an easily-observed benefit, there are still some rounds where you're essentially 'forced' to cater* so those costs are definitely relevant as well.

*I'm forced anyway, but perhaps there are some serious battlemasters out there who are capable of clearing their tournaments through rounds 5 and 6 without ever needing to cater. I'm not one of them!

On live I do manage to fight my way to round 5 and the first few provinces in round 6. But my main problem is indeed the squad size. I just can't train that many troops that is needed for 5/6 rounds. I fear my tournament days will be over when I have to research even more squad sizes. I don't think that with less regular t1-factories I will be able to cater much :(:(:(

Dony

King of Bugs
I don't think that with less regular t1-factories I will be able to cater much
dont forget that you have 4 more levels for your T1 boost manufactory to upgrade aswell, with increased size of building you can produce more with less of them
and this is exactly the goal for whole game, we will end up reducing number of residences, workshops and manufactories and still have higher numbers

DeletedUser

dont forget that you have 4 more levels for your T1 boost manufactory to upgrade aswell, with increased size of building you can produce more with less of them
and this is exactly the goal for whole game, we will end up reducing number of residences, workshops and manufactories and still have higher numbers

Yes I understand that, and I do like the challenge :)
But we start with the chapter with upgrading both the regular and sentient T1 boost factories. And that costs a lot of regular and sentient T1 goods. So that is going to take a while I'm sure.
Meanwhile we get this quest in the beginning of the chapter

5) Deliver 20.000 Marble & 20.000 Steel & 20.000 Planks

And and FS Adventure that will also cost a lot of T1 goods

After all that I will need to recuperate from this before I can hit the tournaments again. :(