• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our first bit of information about our upcoming Guest Race here and let us know all your thoughts in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Please find the answer on some of your questions here:

What will the impact of Sentient Goods be on Tournaments?
For tournaments you will keep using your regular Tier 1 goods so it's always advisable to keep some boosted manufactories of those in your towns. In terms of tech tree requirements, you will need less of these goods but of course, Tier 1 will still remain usable in the other game elements.

For the Magic Academy we have used relics for unboosted goods. Isn't this disrupting the game balance, isn't it inconsistent game design and will the requirements for spells change?
No changes for spell requirements are planned, because balance wise the impact of the Magic Academy is very small. With the balancing of Sentient Goods, we kept this factor in mind as well, plus (as already stated in this topic by various players), you can get so many relics relatively easily in tournaments et cetera that overall, it won't have much impact. Also, the relics boost bonus is balanced in a way that takes these kind of things into account. This balancing curve is made in such a way than losing even half of your relics e.g. does not reduce your bonus to half.

With losing the 24H and 48H production options in level 24+ manufactories, will quests requesting for those disappear from the game, from events and from Fellowship Adventures?
We will not really lose this option, but of course it's up to you how to adapt to that. You can choose to keep certain manufactories on level 23 to keep those options, or build some extra manufactories in events or FA rounds (like most players do already anyway). For the Fellowship Adventures we will keep a close look on the performance to see if we should change something there.

Will spells work on Sentient Goods?
Yes, spells are based on buildings so they will also work on Sentient Goods.

Will the Mountain Halls boost affect Sentient Goods?
No, they won't work on Sentient Goods but specific Sentient Goods Ancient Wonders might show up later ;)

Will Sentient Goods appear in Neighbourly Help chests?
No, this is not planned for now and shouldn't be needed balancing wise.

What can we expect in terms of expansions?
City space will be an important part of the challenge of this chapter. The tech tree will provide you with just 1 city expansion and the cap on World Map provinces for expansions won't be raised. However, this chapter is specifically designed to that. With the Sentient Goods arriving, the different building sizes and outcomes and the new Settlement, you will probably be reshaping your city quite a lot to adapt to all developments.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

Hopefully the game designers had in mind, that we would need space to do so, otherwise we have to tear down first some boosted manufacturies.

This would have an impact to our tournament behavior, as we wont have less goods for negotiation. Furthermore we might have less goods to help out smaller players o_O

At least a lot of "endgame players" will be very happy to see this upcoming and long wished guest race ;)

Karvest

As far as I understand - you need to build and upgrade to cap level only one boosted+1 tier1 manufacture, that would produce your boosted sentient tier1 goods. Other sentient goods should be traded from other players same way as current non-boosted goods

DeletedUser1767

As far as I understand - you need to build and upgrade to cap level only one boosted+1 tier1 manufacture, that would produce your boosted sentient tier1 goods. Other sentient goods should be traded from other players same way as current non-boosted goods
Do you mean that we pick one of our two non-boosted tier 1 goods and level it, don't build the other one, and trade that and our sentient boosted for the third tier 1?

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor
So many words, yet you somehow managed to not tell us what really matters:
1) Which unboosted goods should we build? For example, both of my cities that completed Halflings have Steel as a boost. Should I build Marble, Planks, or both?
2) How many: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10...?
3) The most important question of all: Where am I supposed to put them? Expansions don't grow on trees and Elementals are expected to be VERY demanding sapce-wise. Are you saying we should overscout? How many provinces do we need to open the Elementals chest, anywayy?

Karvest

Starting with Elementals you receive another boost for sentient goods production. As far as I understand - it is your current boost+1.
So you produce your boosted tier1 goods, trade part of them for boosted+1 tier1 goods and feed your new "sentient boosted" manufacture with them to produce sentient goods and trade them with other players to get other sentient goods.

Deleted User - 60107

Thanks, Dony! That means I am already overscouted in my main city.

Deleted User - 60107

Next question: What about Relics? Will we need relics for the unboosted Tier I manufactory or the new goods? Because some players have been using their unboosted Relics to produce spells.

Karvest

Next question: What about Relics? Will we need relics for the unboosted Tier I manufactory or the new goods? Because some players have been using their unboosted Relics to produce spells.
Yes, you need your boosted+1 relics to get boost for sentient goods production.

DeletedUser2256

Where did you see that please? :)

lika1961

Can we please have a notification in-game so that everyone sees this announcement?

Just to confirm - steel boost +1 is planks, right?

palmira

So basically on my live server I need to build 1 or 2 steel factories as my boosted t1 is marble and then trade the sentient goods with my fellowship/ neighbours. If this is going to be the norm, next race will see the same with t2 and then t3 and serious space problems unless we can somehow stack factories/houses.