• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Elementals

DeletedUser

ELEMENTALS

These are alternatives to Great Buildings in FoE. Although some features are similar, they are mostly original in many ways. With regard to the “mythical” era the game is representing, I figured elements would be an appealing concept. I could not figure out an item for each element but so far I have “visualized” three Elementals. I found this name more appropriate since they are not only buildings or creatures or anything that can be labelled under one category. But they are all related to elements.

1) THE TREE OF LIFE
  • In the beginning it is planted as a sapling.​
  • With the support of other players, it grows to it’s first level: a very young tree with few branches (support: KP / open to suggestions)​
  • With every level, the tree grows a little more and looks more magnificient.​
  • The tree boosts the supply by X% and gives Knowledge Points​
  • When the tree is ready to collect, it will grow some colorful fruits (I thought of heart shaped fruit in the beginning as a representation of life but it would turn the tree into a love tree and I hated it so apple form or grape form will do) or glow like in the avatar movie.​
2) THE DRAGON MOUNTAIN
  • In the beginning, we “discover” (aka plant) the mountain in our land. The dragon is in the egg and we will need a lot of neighbourly help to hatch it.
  • The “spike” looking little dragon fresh out of the egg represents the first level of the Elemental.
  • With each level, the dragon also grows. Edit #2: In much further levels, the number of dragons could grow as well, like a family?
  • In level 1, The Dragon Mountain increases the squadsize by a certain number or rate + gives one of each unit (maybe the units that we can not produce such as our oppnenets?). The boost and number of units increase with every level.
  • When ready to collect, the dragon breathes fire/smoke (other animations could be suggested)
  • Edit #1: The mountain could give us dragons that could be used as +1 in battles! After certain levels, the level of the dragon it gives could change as well.
3) THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
Since that name was already taken in the game, here are new alternatives suggested by friends:
- Fountain of Wisdom
- The Fountain of Grace
- The Fountain of Hope

• It is discovered somewhere in your city
  • In the beginning (level 0) there is a hole in the ground
  • Level 1, it is a small water well and gradually turns into a lush fountain with sparkling waters.
  • The Fountain of Youth gives bonus to culture and an additional product (what, I have no idea at the moment)
  • When ready to collect, a rainbow appears over the fountain.
4) THE TOWER OF SPACE (courtesy of Drialik)
  • In the beginning the people caught five windspirits and built a special house to hold them.
  • To keep the windspirits happy neighborly help is needed, because if they leave their blessing will turn into a curse.
  • It starts with a little glass tower just larger than a normal house, but smaller, maybe 1x1? Of course there have to be open entrances like with a birdhouse. And little animations show the spirits flying in and out.
  • With each level the tower grows as well as the amount of spirits.
  • When ready to collect the tower will rumble with the force of the angry spirits
  • Bonus scouting cost and time decreases by #% and negotiating cost decrease by #% for the goods are carried by the spirits instead of being brought by an army.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Each Elemental has its unique occurence. They are either bred, grown, discovered or called/summoned. (Absolutely no ugly “under construction” visual for these Elementals.)
  • No coin, supply or other icons are used when ready to collect. Elementals have also special collecting indications unique to each Elemental.
  • Even if the Elemental is small in beginning, it will still cover the same amount of squares. For example if The Tree of Life will cover 4x4 area, in the beginning the sapling will be in a central square and the surrounding just grass. Similar with the fountain. But the mountain can’t grow therefore it will remain the same throughout the levels (except maybe additional caves and holes that the dragon opens) and it is only the dragon that grows there.
  • There are no blueprints here. One needs to find the origin for the Elementals. For the tree; sapling or seed. For the dragon; egg etc..
  1. For the life of tree one needs to find 5 different saplings/seeds
  2. For The Dragon Mountain, 5 different dragon eggs are needed
  3. For The Fountain of Youth, 5 lost pieces of the Aqua de Vida map are needed
(the amount 5 is exemplary)
  • The form of donation to elementals can be different here. For example, level one of an Elemental could require 100 KP + 1000 of a certain basic good, 1000 of a certain crafted good and 1000 of a certain magical good. Level 2; 250 KP, 10,000 of 2 basic goods (each), 10,000 of 2 crafted goods and 10,000 of 2 magical goods. Each level should demand more and more.
Instead of "Donation", it could be called "sacrifice" or something similar?

HOW TO OBTAIN THE ELEMENTALS

To make it simple I gave colors to each object. They could have names or other sort of distinctive feature.
  • To find a a yellow seed/egg/map, one needs to motivate a building up to level 3
  • To find a yellow or green one, motivate a building up to level 6
  • To find a yellow or green or red one, motivate a building up to level 9
  • To find a yellow or green or red or blue one, motivate a building up to level 12
  • To find a yellow or green or red or blue or white one, motivate a building up to level 15
  • The origins can also be found in the map like after a successful battle or discovering a new province.

MAJOR EDIT:
  • Elementals have no "Levels", they have "PHASES"
  • There are only 4 Elementals and each phase of one Elemental gives increased bonus, and some cornerstone phases give additional bonus (this is to prevent Elvenar to become a muddle of GBs like in FoE). There is an ultimate limit to Elementals which I figured could be be called "the Nirvana Phase" and it could be the 15th phase of every building. (The phase names of each Elemental can be different, more related to their elements maybe). There can be up to 5 cornerstone phases where an additional bonus is given.
Example:
    1. Phase 1 (let's call it the Neonate phase) of The Dragon Mountain requires 100 KP, 1500 steel, 1500 crystal, 1500 gems.
    2. Neonate Phase of TDM increase your squad size by 5%
    3. Phase 2 / The Youngling Phase of TDM requires 250 KP, 15000 steel, 15000 crystal and 15000 gems
    4. The Youngling Phase of TDM increases your squad size by 7%
    5. The Disciple Phase (3) could be a cornerstone phase so it would require; a whole set of eggs + 500 KP + 30000 steel, 30000 crystal, 30000 gems
    6. The Disciple Phase increases your squad size by 10% + gives 5 of each units
    7. The Apprentice Phase (6) could be a cornerstone phase and would require a whole set of eggs + 1000 KP + 50000 steel, 50000 crystal, 50000 gems
    8. The Apprentice Phase increases your squad size by 20% + gives 15 of each units + gives one level 1 dragon
    9. The Artisan Phase (9) could be a cornerstone phase and require a whole set of eggs + 1500 KP + 75000 steel, 75000 crystal, 75000 gems
    10. The Artisan Phase increases your squad size by 30% + gives 30 of each units + gives one level 1 dragon + battlegound layout view option
    11. The Nirvana Phase (15) is the ultimate phase of TDM. It would require a whole set of eggs + 5000 KP + 200000 steel, 200000 crystal, 200000 gems
    12. The Nirvana Phase increases your squad size by 75% + gives 75 of each units + gives one level 2 dragon + battlegound layout view option + ??????? extra bonus + A unique military building that produces some very strong mythical creature or demi-god fighter.

These additional bonuses for all Elementals could be population boost, daily surprise gifts etc.

Each Elemental could give a unique building in the nirvana phase. It should be related to their bonuses and/or origin of elements.

* The rates of bonuses and amount of units to be donated are not well thought, so please don't scold me for them :oops: These figures and all the names are just exemplary and open to suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There already was a thread about Great Buildings here (click)
I saw that thread but I couldn't find any suggestion or idea there. It is more like a question (with some expectation) whether there will be any GB feature in Elvenar.

I just want to comment on your idea that the last Elemental couldn't be named the Fountain of Youth, as Humans already have a building with that name. :)

Noooooo! :eek:

Wait we can still use the latin name! Or make-up a new name... :cool: Let me just sleep on it :p Help from friends is also very welcome ;)

DeletedUser

You need air! All the elements are of the same strength and you didn't have air :eek:
Let me do some voodoo
The Tower of Space
  • In the beginning the people caught five windspirits and built a special house to hold them.
  • To keep the windspirits happy neighborly help is needed, because if they leave their blessing will turn into a curse.
  • It starts with a little glass tower just larger than a normal house, but smaller, maybe 1x1? Of course there have to be open entrances like with a birdhouse. And little animations show the spirits flying in and out.
  • With each level the tower grows as well as the amount of spirits.
  • When ready to collect the tower will rumble with the force of the angry spirits
  • Bonus scouting cost and time decreases by #% and negotiating cost decrease by #% for the goods are carried by the spirits instead of being brought by an army.
Five is an example.

As for the swimming pool, you could always do
The Fountain of Grace
The Fountain of Hope
The Fountain of Crazy

DeletedUser

Fountain of Wisdom instead?

Nice one, thanks Katzenprinz. I'll add it to the post.

---------------

You need air! All the elements are of the same strength and you didn't have air

The first three used up my imagination :p

The Tower of Space
Thank you, nice addition. I will add it to my post.

The Fountain of Grace
The Fountain of Hope
The Fountain of Crazy

Um, I'll skip the last one :D

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser170

Just a small thing here: couldn't we add the egg (seed/map) hunting to the previously discovered areas too? I probably said it somewhere quiet a long time ago, but the map itself at the moment has not much thing to do other then the motivation. So I would still give one or two things to it, and this could be connected to this. So I write a little bit more about it... obviously it's completely off topic :D (nah, I do it connected to this)

There is 9 different types of relics, and provinces... at the moment 4 elementals, to be honest 3 would be better, but we can work this out somehow.
1st thing is that to find some Dragon eggs (I use the eggs as an example) we have to do something (a new game feature, or battle or donating goods alongside with the neighbourhood) at a previously "captured" province. If we do so, we have a chance to get an Egg, let say yellow egg. On an other type of province we would get an orange egg, the other 7 types would hold the other 3 elementals, and there would be one joker thing, which I don't know what should do. (obviously we can chancge things like one province can give more than one type of stuff... This is just a version). Other Eggs should be found by motivatating for example, as OP said.

Also to level up your dragon etc. you need newer and newer eggs from these provinces, so it is not just a one time thing at the beginning of the game.

If this idea is not good for this, than sorry :(

DeletedUser

couldn't we add the egg (seed/map) hunting to the previously discovered areas too?
If I am not wrong you are suggesting to find the "origins" in the map as well. If that's the case, I think it is a wonderful addition. Instead of only the typical motivation like in FoE, here we could discover one after a battle or discovering a new province or other map related activities.

DeletedUser170

Yeah quiet like that... But I really hope that the developers give something to do in the provinces we have already finished. (I'm not sure if I have wrote it down, or someone else maybe... but a dungeon, where you can find things like relics, boosts and the stuff we need for Elementals... (this is really just one possibility, there could be quiet more ideas as to what to do with the provinces...)

DeletedUser

But I really hope that the developers give something to do in the provinces we have already finished.

Well that gives me an idea.

The finding of origins could be through the map entirely. As to have less resemblance to FoE, to find the origins, we could have quest battles. Not like the quest in the game where we are asked to do something but more like ancient time relic search quests.

Besides from the chance of finding an origin in a new sector battle, we could also go back to discovered provinces for origin quests where we could do battles only to find an origin.

As you mentioned somewhere in your earlier post, certain type/color of origin could be associated with certain relic type. For example to find a white origin, we would need to battle in marble or scrolls province.

DeletedUser

This concept is detailled and brillant ! what a splendid idea I do hope see that implemented in Elvenar wish you good game dear Semra :)

DeletedUser1362

May i be Honest?
yes i Love the idea, but i hate the name

when i hear "Elementals" im thinking about basic fantasy figures

1. Creature of Fire
2. Creature of Water
3. Creature of Earth
4. Creature of Air

then i think about secondary figures that comes from those creatures

1. Fire + Water - Fog Elemental
2. Fire + Earth - Lava Elemental
3. Fire + Air - Heat Elemental ( yes those too exists in some fantasy stories)
----------------------------------------
4. Water + Fire - Cloud Elemental
5. Water + Earth - Mud Elemental
6. Water + Air - Cold elemental
7. Earth + Air - Tornado Elemental
8. Water + Earth + Fire + Air - Elemental King
9. Cloud + Cloud - Electric elemental
10. Water + Cloud + Cold - Tsunami elemental

and becouse there can be made more Elemental Beings (just logicaly mix from 2 to 4 elementals together) this should be a thing only for elves.
how this would work?

Those Summoned elementals would give benefits to an elven Village (as Great buildings in FOE or as described in previous notes above)
Ignoring Humans completly isnt good.

BUT Humans arnt magical beings (like elves) so insted of summoning elementals they could BIND them and have them giving bonuses nly for 50% of the Elven bonus

Instead of Elementals, Humans will exceed in building very big buildings (at least 10x7 tiles minimum) and those buildings wil have very diffrent efect from Elementals.
and here is another BUT:
Elves arnt good in being builders so they can build those buildings but with 50% of Human effect

and i think this would be great idea becouse it will be very diffrent from FOE

DeletedUser

I know a game, it's called Doodle God. It is creating things from elements, just like you described.

DeletedUser1362

yeah - just checked it
but this game isnt reliable its more of a game for fun where fantasy nor science has no place

the thing im talking about is from all fantasy sources ive came across with :)

Marindor

We have chosen for the Ancient Wonders in this game, so this idea will not be implemented in it's proposed state. Therefore I'll archive this thread :)