• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Early feedback

DeletedUser209

Hello.
Recently I received the register key and as far I really like your game. It is similar to other games I also like. I'd like to share a bit of a feedback from a new player.

1. The game seems a bit too much complicated at the beginning. I'm a FoE player so I know what's what but if I didn't know the game I'd be very confused. There should be more information about some of the content and it should be unlocked later.
2. Combat seems a bit weird. I'd like to know exactly how much damage will the units I send deal if I attack so I can have less losses. Also even with fastest settings units move too slow (I was expecting something like HoMM speed). Battlefield is a bit small as well.
3. I think that encounters are too ease to defeat. I don't mean that enemy are weak, but I can just send a full army, play auto and not care about losses, because army is easily replaced. Maybe it's like that early game where I have only 2 types of units and enemies have much less units than me. I'm going through encounters with ease.
4. In FoE your city would change a lot with new era but here you only upgrade the buildings so unless you feel like it you could leave it with almost no changes apart from graphical ones. Because of that it might seem a bit boring.
5. This is more of a question as I'm not sure about that one. Is there a big difference between humans and elves apart from appearance and buildings?

Overally I really like the game and you're doing a great job. Keep on the good work.

DeletedUser

Battles will get harder over time, in fact, i'm not attacking anything at this point cause my squads keep being wiped out, and armies may be easily replaced, it takes alot of time to recruit 5 full squads again, unless you use diamonds offcourse. Other people have given their feedback on the battle system, feel free to post there. Your city changes from a world map point of view, mine is currently blue and larger, not sure about whether the view from the inside will change as well. it is indeed just a closed beta, much will change in the near future.

have fun :)

DeletedUser58

Second what Nosferatu said. I too was going quickly though the encounters but you will soon hit high scouting costs and difficult encounters. I can no longer use autobattle for certain encounters because believe it or not you can actually lose a battle even with 5 squads of 36 units. I burned myself once when going against Steinlings and Orcs.

The differences I know of between elves and humans are the buildings/appearance and the different units.

DeletedUser209

To continue

I think that research costs too much. I'm currently at the point where I won't be able to spend knowledge points for a few days at least.

DeletedUser209

WHmJkeC.jpg

today I came upon this encounter. it is very cheap compared to other ones (200-400 goods for others)

DeletedUser

The earlier provinces always seem to have an easy one like that HGC. Unfortunately they do seem to stop when scouting gets further out, unless I've been unlucky recently

DeletedUser

As I watched it so far, if you finish scouting a new province the negotiating costs of all encounters in all of your scouted but not finished provinces are resetted. And 1 encounter in every province is negotiable without having to pay goods for it (this is working not always but with at least 80% chance)

DeletedUser126

Yup i mentioned this in my guide. Tho later on the costs get REALY REALY high, and no cheap versions are available anymore.

DeletedUser

short early feedback:
- I think, with only two builders in the builders hut it will be a very, very slow game, when the upgrades take hours to get finished. Huge advantages for every diamond-player
- Great graphical appearance of the game - like it very much! But long loading times for world map :-(
- helping hands for neighbours ist very confusing on the world map. A system to help every discovered neighbour would be great (e.g.: button to visit the next neighbour, where aiming is possible)