• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Drag and Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser867

I can't find the related thread, it's out there somewhere, but we're trying to corner why buildings occasionally freeze. I think I'm getting closer to cornering it, and when I have something repeatable I'll do a full workup.

Here's what I think I'm seeing, but I'd appreciate more eyes.
* Leave your city open for 30 minutes or so, but don't touch it
* Click Drag a production building collection sweep as the FIRST thing that you do, and the initial building will freeze.
* If you click on some other buildings, not Drag Click just click, then everything gets unlocked.

If I can replicate this pattern, then it probably has something to do with waking up the client and trying to do something before the client communicates with the server, which seems to get things back to normal.

DeletedUser1095

Thanks for the very clear description, Katwijk. I've been experiencing that but didn't know how to explain it.

DeletedUser

For me it happens on residences most of the time ....not much on the production buildings ... And it happens even if i m playing the game continuously ....there are times when I do the collection for my residences and the next collection after 5 minutes or so a few residences get frozen ... I do not have problems with production buildings that much as I have with the residences ... its quite frequent for me ...Sometimes it goes for few hours without my knowledge and when I refresh the game I can see the collection from that residence is huge ....

DeletedUser867

I think we could definitely sweep them with the same broom. The drag and freeze would manifest as collection error.

Status
Not open for further replies.