• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dr. Freakenspleen

palmira

with normal gameplay, with the exception of the toolboxes but I have so many instants it was not really a problem, I finished the event this morning. The prize is quite welcomed, the population demands of the Elvenars are staggering ....

Burger Meister Meister

After finishing the Autumn Zodiac event I don't find that the rewards for this Halloween are worth the effort.
Most of the tasks are easy enough but at my current cost of 113K per KP I am not about to buy 13 KP.
That is simply just a waste of my resources.

DeletedUser2443

upload_2019-10-17_15-52-50.png
And it will be easy for me to buy 13KP ...

DeletedUser1163

You only can win Dr. Freakenspleen’s castle if you finish the event. This is a 9-day mini event. It will be interesting to see if I can complete 32 quests in 9 days because the 4 quests to Solve Encounters will take me over 2 days each waiting for the scout to return, unless I spend diamonds. If I have to scout a province for the last quest “Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor”, I won’t have enough time to complete this event.

The Spire is too difficult for me. You only get 3 chances to negotiate then you have to spend diamonds to continue. I’m tech locked in the Orcs & Goblins chapter so unable to “Research 1 Technology.” I’ll try the tournament but 35 and 50 tournament encounters are very time consuming. I usually run out of troops or lose my patience. If the tournament is closed, that leaves me with one choice: Solve Encounters on the World Map.

Take a look below at the time it takes for me to scout. That’s over 2 days waiting for the scout to return and the amount of diamonds needed to complete the scouting is ridiculous. I love the art work in this game but it’s getting to be if I want this beautiful art work in my city, I will need to pay for it by buying diamonds. Unless InnoGames gets rid of these time-consuming quests or stops being so greedy, this is going to be the last event I participate in.

Scouting.JPG

Deleted User - 56274

@Marindor I am extremely disappointed in the quests for this event. IG is using the same cookie cutter for each chapter of player. A player in chapter 3 <> player in chapter 6 <> player in chapter 15. The rewards and end buildings are not necessarily worth the effort of doing 50 tourney quests or gaining 17 relics, that is an excessive number for players in lower chapters. Again, the event is geared toward upper level players. It would not be overly difficult to scale these types of quests as well as the gain supply/gold/goods quests have been. It makes me doubt that I will be inclined to participate in future events.
I won't even start on the inclusion of Buy KP.

Rather than being something fun, events have become a huge chore and aggravation.

Karvest

It would not be overly difficult to scale these types of quests as well as the gain supply/gold/goods quests have been.
Produce goods quests are scaled as bad, you need way more time to produce requested amount of goods in chapter 4 than in chapter 13 using same amount of factories due to much lower relics boost. 50 tourney/17 relics is not that much even for chapter 4, but can't be done in a single round of tourney like at later chapters.

DeletedUser1163

arent you in Orcs and Goblins chapter for 2 years now? you should consider to change your play style
I play mostly in the Live worlds. The Beta world is not my main city. I login there when I have the time. Every player has their own play style. I like to linger in chapters building up my AWs and getting as many land expansions as I can so I'll be prepared to build those huge buildings in the higher chapters.

On the Live World servers, some of our new players have decided to stay in the chapter they're in because they're seeing how difficult the events have become and the quests will just be more demanding if they're in a higher chapter. They play at their own pace and when they feel they're ready, then move on to the next chapter. They want to have fun and not get stressed. No one should tell someone their play style is wrong, and theirs is right.

Dony, you have to realize, for some players, this game does not take priority. Real life does. Besides running a fellowship in 3 worlds, I have a job I hold down, college I attend, and a family I come home to everyday and play with more than I play this silly game.

From all the comments I've read about the events, and especially the Autumn Zodiac event, it looks like Elvenar is becoming a money-oriented game. Unless you have a lot of time and/or money to spend, events are going to get more difficult for you to complete and win the grand prize, unless Inno makes some drastic changes.

Dony

King of Bugs
Just a friendly advice, it is impossible to do every event if you are in the same chapter for years, it doesnt matter in which chapter you are, you will be much more stressed being there then if you actually progress to next chapters, you can play however you want but you will take all consequences with it, its not the fault of the game its the fault of gameplay

DeletedUser1163

its not the fault of the game its the fault of gameplay
I don't agree. This new feature that was sprung upon us that requires Workshops and Manufactories to be at a certain level ended up causing a lot of players difficulty completing quests. It's the fault of the game mechanics and Inno constantly, constantly changing the games features.

DeletedUser1163

I enjoy Elvenar but I’m starting to believe all the changes to this game have been for the sole purpose of slowing us down and getting us to spend money. When I first started playing Elvenar, it was so much fun. There were hardly any events so you had time to work on having fun building your city. You actually got to fight in the provinces on the World Map and gain land expansions UNTIL Inno changed the battle system, and introduced Orcs as a commodity needed to negotiate. Those of us who over scouted were in for a big surprise. We couldn’t fight anymore because of all the Very Hard provinces that appeared on the World map nor could we negotiate until we reached the Orcs and Goblins chapter.

Starting in 2015, I can remember playing in the Snow Flurry Event. Really cool buildings were released that helped give a boost to your city’s resources. I thought to myself if this is a sign of things to come, bring on the events! But I’ve changed my mind since then. Events are arriving too frequently, don’t allow many of us to recoup our losses from the previous event, and are becoming very costly. Since land expansions are few and far between, and expensive to buy, many of the beautiful buildings won in these events are stored away in our inventories. If we need to complete a quest, we can always turn them into spell fragments.

Then April 2016 an update brought us Tournaments. You had to be in a fellowship or create one to participate. Many players did not want to join a fellowship but found it was fun to be part of a team. At first, competing in the tournaments was time consuming but the game devs listened to our complaints and Tournaments I no longer hate because we now have 4 encounters/province, instead of 8.

In 2017 (some players say 2018) Fellowship Adventures arrived. Heard there were many fellowships that never made it to the Bottomless Pit and many players started developing pains in their wrists from the repetitious clicking. The game devs again listened to our complaints and improved this feature but some of us still find it time consuming.

So many new features have been added to Elvenar that it’s hard to keep count. I’ve asked Elvenar players which features they enjoy the most and some said they want to be able to fight on the World Map again instead of giving away all their goods. Many players enjoy the events, or used to. They want to see the end to unending events that are random.

Please give us events that are not a grind to play and give a boost to our cities, not deplete them of resources so we end up spending diamonds, or worse, become so frustrated that we don’t want to login as much to play the game.

P.S. For some players who are keeping track of how many years I have been playing in Elvenar, if you must know, I joined Elvenar’s Live Worlds in 2015 and joined Beta in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

thats the case for every live service, there is no exception to this, product is evolving and must be changed
But change it for the better. You don't want to lose your fan base because you've caused a lot of people to become angry with the changes.

Karvest

I enjoy Elvenar but I’m starting to believe all the changes to this game have been for the sole purpose of slowing us down and getting us to spend money.
IMO, they are doing the opposite - speeding up low chapters to catch up the endgame content. And even those hated "buy KP", "get relics", "complete encounters", "scout or research" are the things pushing you up through tech tree, and the hate is coming from already endgame players or those who don't want to progress for some reason...

Deleted User - 56274

@Karvest I am mid-game - chapter 7 and I loathe all those quests. Mainly because the way they currently work they cause over-scouting and over-completion of provinces if I am not careful. And Buy KP, I hate spending the resources, I hate having only one way to complete a quest and I hate that it never reaches a ceiling so I completely loathe that quest because it just triggers aggravation.
Part of my current issue is that they have gone to extremes. It isn't solve 5 encounters it's solve 10+ encounters. It's not buy 5 KP it's buy 20 KP. Where I am at, I don't have any issues doing all of these things, but for players just starting chapter 6 or lower it quickly denudes a city of resources.
The halloween mini-event highlights the fact that it is geared toward upper chapter players just based in the quest list and events should be doable by all chapters saving perhaps chapter 1 & 2 because folks should relatively quickly exit those.

Heymrdiedier

From all the comments I've read about the events, and especially the Autumn Zodiac event, it looks like Elvenar is becoming a money-oriented game. Unless you have a lot of time and/or money to spend, events are going to get more difficult for you to complete and win the grand prize, unless Inno makes some drastic changes.

Well i dont agree there, i managed to get 9 bears on beta, 9 bears on live main account, and 10 evolutions on a brand new server with a new account. Without spending a dime. Im very happy with the changes and i see the point in why they did them.
On all 3 accounts ive gotten way more prizes then was even possible in the old limited quest setup. The 3rd grand prize, that used to be diamond players only, now you can win multiple of those without spending a thing. So for me it feels like they are actually less focussing on diamonds from event.

But thats just my opinion and i know many totally disagree with me :)

DeletedUser1163

Well i dont agree there, i managed to get 9 bears on beta, 9 bears on live main account, and 10 evolutions on a brand new server with a new account. Without spending a dime. Im very happy with the changes and i see the point in why they did them.
That's great! Many players have not been that fortunate to win that many bears without spending diamonds. Just curious. If you don't mind me asking, what chapter are you up to?

DeletedUser1163

@Kasia they are not forcing midgame to overscoot overcompletion or whatever, they just pushing towards endgame.
Buy why? What's the rush? Some players like to stay in chapters for a while. Is Elvenar going to close down at a certain point when they run out of ideas. Elvenar is not like most games that have a beginning and a big boss battle at the end. Elvenar is a work in progress and will never end so why the rush to push people along?