• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dr. Freakenspleen

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of this year's Halloween Quest Line Event here and let us know what you think about it.

Ghastly Greetings,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2734

My very first impression: It looks really nice^^
Surely it will become one of my favorite buildings.

Some minutes later: Level-workshops!
I can't believe it!!! :(:mad:

Last week I carefully teleported all the Level-Buildings in my inventory.
And now: I shall put them out again for 9 d little event?
Honestly?
No way - do this without me.
If I am able to get this building with my usual and very loved city than it is fine - otherwise this building won't find its way into my city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

I hope there are no Toolboxes (and other ugly long stuff) in this event, since we have to use high level workshops.
And I hope we get this after getting new chapter.

Marindor

My very first impression: It looks really nice^^
Surely it will become one of my favorite buildings.

Some minutes later: Level-workshops!
I can't believe it!!! :(:mad:

Last week I carefully teleported all the Level-Buildings in my inventory.
And now: I shall put them out again for 9 d little event?
Honestly?
No way - do this without me.
If I am able to get this building with my usual and very loved city than it is fine - otherwise this building won't find its way into my city.

As explained in this announcement, these kind of quests will stay in future events as well, so I wouldn't advise teleporting all your Workshops if you want to participate in any event :)

slide

Building looks nice, but I have event fatigue now and when added to the workshop issue then I'm unlikely to get it... I did have FOMO and now I don't care any more... at what point did Elvenar change from a city building game with some events periodically to an event driven game where we can try to build our cities in the few days we have between each one?

Burger Meister Meister

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of this year's Halloween Quest Line Event here and let us know what you think about it.

Ghastly Greetings,
Your Elvenar Team

Inno development team: You just don't get it do you.

"New Quest types & level requirements"

This change totally sucks! This change is what has caused a lot of irritation with players in the first place.

I for one will not be upgrading my buildings on pace to keep up with event building requirements. I will upgrade my buildings according to my own playing style to progress through the chapters and build my City in my own way.

I will play events to the degree that they fit into my playing style. If I hit a task that requires that I need buildings that my currently level requires and I have not upgraded far enough then you can take your event and stuff it.

My gaming styles uses the events for supplies of time boosts, supply boosts and coin rains which are valuable asset to progressing through the chapters. If I can no longer acquire these items and play the game the way I enjoy playing the game then I WILL QUIT and find some other game to spend my money on.

lika1961

I'm afraid the idea of having high level workshops specifically for events makes absolutely no sense to me. We try to maintain balance in our cities and choose to have a specific number of buildings for specific reasons. We are now being asked to add workshops, upgrade them, have the population and the rest of what is required and move the other buildings around to take part in an event. Then undo all that once the event is over. No thank you.

I don't play the Spire (and I don't want to), so even if you could convince me that teleporting everything after the event is a good idea, I won't have the spells to put everything back. So, much as it seems like you are giving us the freedom to choose our playing style, you are in fact not. I have to have buildings I don't want, have to play the Spire to move them in and out of my city or use my main workshops to run 1 day productions. These are not things I would choose to do logically, so effectively you have ensured that I can't take part in future events. That is too bad since I love events.

DeletedUser2734

another 10 h later:
I decided to quit the game.
I have 24 h/d to live like everyone - and I wanted to play a game, that I can play my way.
Inno decided with the new Eventquests, that this is not possible anymore: Everybody needs the same style of city and definitely not my style with so many nice Eventbuildings. Creativitiy is not wanted.

So I will leave and say good bye. :(

Another some days later:
I came back again - but I won't spent as much time in the game, as I did before.
It seems to me not worth to invest much in a game which is not very reliable in the fundamentals of long-therm planning and Strategy.
I am sorry to say that - but many players had to learn this lesson about Inno by the hard way.

DeletedUser332

I'm happier with quests being balanced around having buildings that are maxed out (or close) than I was with quests promoting having level 1 buildings. To be honest, I'm surprised so many people seem to have an issue with having buildings that should essentially be part of normal gameplay. Is it actually that common to play without having your stuff maxed out? I usually upgrade my buildings within a week or two of unlocking new levels for them.

Lovec Krys

@qaccy Building 20-30 level 1 buildings takes less space than building additional high level workshops & T1s.
And we do not like using our main workshops for toolboxes.

DeletedUser1163

I would hate to see how much population is required for high-level buildings to be maxed in order to complete the events. My friend's new city is struggling being able to produce all the resources needed for these events. If events are going to be this difficult, she's going to continue to stay in the chapter she's in. Is this Dr. Freakenspleen another random event? I ask because Gems of Knowledge doesn't have any quest list up to help us.

iDavis

@MinMax Gamer you can check stats here.

Unfortunately this quest line is another event being counterproductive for our city development. I participate in every event game offers and I will do so in this one as well, but...

Deleted User - 81190

@MinMax Gamer you can check stats here.

Unfortunately this quest line is another event being counterproductive for our city development. I participate in every event game offers and I will do so in this one as well, but...
Thanks @iDavis. Stats look better than Hazeltowns that I grabbed this event (at chapter 14 too), so I guess I am going to get it. Quests look easy half way into the event, probably can be done in a couple of days if not faster. Will overlap with chapter 15 on live as well, so there is that.

DeletedUser2829

As explained in this announcement, these kind of quests will stay in future events as well, so I wouldn't advise teleporting all your Workshops if you want to participate in any event :)

And with one quote, they remove my main reason for playing this game, without ever quite realising what they are doing. I could tolerate having my city a mess for an event or an FA, it came to an end and I could build efficiently again. Then the requirement for massive useless inefficient buildings for event quests. Well, I reasoned, I play the spire a lot, I'll teleport the massive pointless inefficient buildings in and out. And now with the increased pace of events it seems I just have to run a mess of a city year round to complete an event. Not doing it. I'll take a break, see if they have changed their mind in a month or 2. Even if they do change their mind, maybe I'll have found a better game and not have the desire the start again. So be it, planning an efficient city, maximising space was my main enjoyment, and now I must run a crappy city week in week out to play an event. Humbug :p

DeletedUser

Personally, for me, I love the changes, it has taken my city to new heights. (I can't stop looking at mine!) The quests seem more harmonious now. If there are a lot of encounter quests I'll be passing and that's okay because who really wants a "grotesque castle" in their city. I'm happy with the little time instants we get. I use a ton of them.

The only suggestion I have, is maybe change up these prizes a bit more. I'm a little tired of culture, culture, culture buildings. There are cities that have like 75 or more culture buildings, do all of these really get clicked on? While I love the artwork of most of the buildings, maybe every other event is buildings or 4 times a year to change the look with the seasons.

I'm thinking maybe a spell we could make ourselves and it shows up as a permanent spell in the Magic Academy. (not crafting) Maybe a new tab called Rewarded Spells?

By adding different ingredients it would become a unique spell, maybe it fills your builder with boosts, or make a teleportation spell for non-event buildings only, (I think this one would be really good for those who stored their workshops) as well as teleport the amount of chapter culture buildings I'm building. The spire is too stingy to get these from.

Other things this multi-function spell could do: change the look of your roads and increase the culture by 20 per path for 72 hours.

Another spell could be a demolition spell, in their other game you can demolish a building by level maybe we can create a new rewarded spell to do the same. Those who have level 33 workshops might want to demolish by level versus the whole workshop and get back goods from houses and factories that are de-leveled.

If people want a unique building maybe this multi-function spell could create a non-clickable building that gives mana, divine seeds, goods, supplies, kp instants, research instants, army units runes etc but we get to pick the look and main color scheme and size (something we haven't seen before and maybe it can even change as if it were a new event-different looks regularly to surprise us) and the items we want it to create. I would cap it at 1 building, if you have 1 with army units you cannot create another one with army units. It must be different. And with size: maybe the smaller size produces fewer items? but if you wanted you could make a 2x2 size or a 5x5 of one type of building. I would love this because we all could have different looking buildings in our cities including making mini versions of one building or skyscrapers, versus all of us having the same ones.

These spells might take into account what chapter you're on too. If you're in fairies and get an orcish looking building, not very harmonious. And if you're in the top chapter maybe it uses sentient goods to make the spells.

For me, I agree with @Beezle Bug about having a little more creativity with our cities. @Beezle Bug please don't leave yet. Let all of this unfold and see where the game goes. I believe it's headed in a really fun direction. But who knows, I might be full of it.

Sorry for all of the edits, trying to organize this a little better. Okay I think that's it.

DeletedUser332

@Lovec Krys I'm not concerned with the size differences between buildings. The thing for me is that having buildings close to your city's level is a lot more natural than keeping a significant quantity of level 1 buildings no matter what stage of the game you're at. Imagine playing the game without upgrading any residences. That's not really natural either, is it? Low-level buildings have their place, and that's when first starting out and when their productions are actually helpful to growing and not just completing quests. I'm in favor of a design for events that acknowledges gameplay more in line with one of the game's core designs, that being upgrading buildings for more useful effects.