• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dr. Freakenspleen

Burger Meister Meister

I'm happier with quests being balanced around having buildings that are maxed out (or close) than I was with quests promoting having level 1 buildings. To be honest, I'm surprised so many people seem to have an issue with having buildings that should essentially be part of normal gameplay. Is it actually that common to play without having your stuff maxed out? I usually upgrade my buildings within a week or two of unlocking new levels for them.

But that's your game style, not mine.
Why should everyone play the same.
Why can't we play the game our own way, why does there need to be a "right" and "wrong" way to play?

Heymrdiedier

I don't get it. theres no reason to build anything extra for this quest line event? you're supposed to do the quests with what you normally should have in your city.

I know some were considering to have 0 workshops or even actually did do that already, but with current event mechanics you can just forget about that and just have some. (Or not do events, your choice)
Everyone should have tier 1 manufactories, those who didnt were the ones that were putting cross tier trade all the time and we were complaining about that. So they actually did something about that, which we was exactly what we were asking? I do understand however that some had tier1 factories not at max level but at level 15, just because they are more efficient at that level. Those will have to level their factories.

Im pretty sure its not the point of inno that we build extra workshops/factories every time just for an event, they want us to do it with what we already have. You can ofcourse still build extra from time to time if you really want to, like if the event has a really good prize like the bears. But honestly i wouldnt count on having those great prizes every time, most events only have mediocre prizes.

Dony

King of Bugs
Everyone should have tier 1 manufactories, those who didnt were the ones that were putting cross tier trade all the time and we were complaining about that.
thats not so true in all cases, they gave us powerfull set buildings which made T1 obsolete if you like it or not, and fighters have 0 usage for T1 goods, there is nothing to spend it on, why should i build and produce goods which are useless?

DeletedUser2710

Playing the devils advocate, I am rather happy that I don t feel pressed to go for the final prize of this event - so I ll just see how far I get by regular gameplay (ignoring the actual quests). Of course, if this is the intended playstyle it would be nice if the intermediate rewards (or the daily prizes for longer events) are upgraded.

DeletedUser

thats not so true in all cases, they gave us powerfull set buildings which made T1 obsolete if you like it or not,
I don't think this was meant to make t1 obsolete but more of an incentive not to max out everything. The spire set makes t2 and t3 and for a player like me, that's pretty helpful. Just like my Crystal lighthouse. Although, I deleted the main spire building on my cities, I kept the smaller ones and is it just me or does the main spire building look like a toilet bowl?

sunrae

I have a quest to gain 666 spell fragments. I won 500 in the spire but it has not registered on the quest. Is that not counted as gain? Does anyone have info on this ?

Heymrdiedier

thats not so true in all cases, they gave us powerfull set buildings which made T1 obsolete if you like it or not, and fighters have 0 usage for T1 goods, there is nothing to spend it on, why should i build and produce goods which are useless?
ofcourse you are again right, i also have the set that gives me 350k Tier1 goods a day. But honestly almost nobody has it, if 0.1% of that players have it, it would surprise me. I also still have T1 factories tho :)

i dont expect them to take players like us into account, we are allready overefficient. I also feel like we can handle it to spend some room to useless buildings just because we have those sets that are super efficient

DeletedUser2859

I've had enough of endless events, but still have some FOMO. Luckily for me, I don't like the dark halloween buildings, so I won't regret missing this one. But I agree with others that events are now just too frequent and also too frustrating. If Inno continues like this, I'll be quitting soon.

Lovec Krys

Well, for the requirements the building should be much better than this. Thx to our FSmate we know all quests in this quest line, so my opinion is that the building is simply not worth for doing the 32 quests, so I'm skipping this quest line with all my cities. And save my resources for winter event where I can get much more for the same effort.

DeletedUser332

Ok, I went ahead and cheated and looked at the quest list...people are actually upset about the requirements? Why? Along with being able to see the whole thing in advance, those tasks are downright easy to complete. I won't even have to disrupt my normal routine in order to get everything done for the final prize. Do people just want to be handed the prize for simply logging in or something? How much easier do they have to make it?

Lovec Krys

@qaccy Simple - I'm recovering from current event (totaly depleted catalysts & provinces) and for the same effort in this quest line I can win much more if I save my resources for the winter event. And the building is simply not good enough (Venar from chapter XIV is better than Dr. Freak from XV chapter (not mentioning Winter star which is even better)).

DeletedUser2863

@qaccy Simple - I'm recovering from current event (totaly depleted catalysts & provinces) and for the same effort in this quest line I can win much more if I save my resources for the winter event. And the building is simply not good enough (Venar from chapter XIV is better than Dr. Freak from XV chapter (not mentioning Winter star which is even better)).
The population per square of Venar's III Ch 14 is not as good as Dr. Freak Ch 15.

Deleted User - 81190

What exactly are you planning to save for Winter event? All the quests can be done doing regular gameplay without using any non-renewable resources (unless you consider buying 13 KP non-renewable). Everything else can be coming from regular T1/supply/coins collections + weekly tournament + once in a while MA crafting to the tune of 2-4 pet foods over 2 weeks. Given that quest list is fixed, it should be extremely easy to complete without any timeboosts and any new buildings. The only people who may have problems with doing so would be people completely without leveled WS/T1.

And Venar's or Winter Star being better is largely irrelevant. First of all, indeed even VR3 from ch14 is worse than ch15 Dr.F per tile. Winter Star even from ch14 is better than Dr.F, and both are indeed better at ch15. However, none of them is available right now, and might not be available for a long, long time if ever. And unless your lowest pop density building is better than Dr.F, you're better off with it. Unless all your pop is coming from Winter Stars. If yes, congrats - you're probably the only player out there who has minimum pop density that high. Everyone else can benefit from this building.

Lovec Krys

@MinMax Gamer Even if I didn't decided to skip that quest line I wouldn't sacrifice even single encounter on map, so I could have complete those quests only in Tower & tournaments, but with toolboxes I don't have that option and I'm still fed up from Autumn event.

@BetaPlayer Maybe I have wrong numbers then, my calculation showed that Venar XIV is better.

@MinMax Gamer There surely will be some pop building in winter event, and unless developers decide to use completely new buildings for winter event, there is a good chance for Winter star to appear.

To be honest, I'm probably saving my resources more for spring event than for winter, but in any case to do 32 quests just for 1 building is simply not worth doing compared to what I can win in events for the same effort. Especialy with the Toolboxes quest in there (that's probably the main reason I decided to skip - I HATE to do Toolboxes with my main workshops).

Lovec Krys

It's just 3 toolboxes, once, and you know exactly when this quest is coming up...
Unless you, like me, simply hate the idea of using your main workshops for making even one toolbox.
I still stand my statement: Toolboxes should never be forced to do on high level workshops.
Just imagine we didn't have expired goods and you would be forced to do 1d/2d manufactories for quests.