• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Double Builders

DeletedUser2194

I propose we should have the ability to set more then one Builder on a single project. If we had two builders going on the same project, it should take twice as fast. For example, upgrading your Main Hall to Level 15 takes around 36 hours. But if I set BOTH builders to the task, it would only take 18. This would give people more motive to buy more builders, and upgrade certain things that take absurdly long.

It should probably cap at 3, so you wouldn't be able to set 5 builders to a single project. Additionally, you shouldn't be able to do it to anything under an hour or two.

When you build/upgrade something, it should automatically use one builder. But if you click on the building, you should be able to add a builder and halve the time remaining, even if it's halfway done.

Like this thread if you like the idea. Comment why or why not. :)

Lissona

Taking two builders to upgrade a building twice as fast is one option.
Taking two builders to upgrade a building two levels one after the other without a break (at normal speed) is another one (e. g. if something finishes at night the second builder would automatically start the next level).

ophion

I've recently upgraded my Main Hall to level 27 and would seriously like to know what the benefit is in making us wait 55 hours to build it in the first place??

DeletedUser2194

@Lissona Hmm... so would you have to pay up for both upgrades simultaneously? That's an interesting idea.

@ophion Good job with the MH. And you just wait longer for the bigger stuff, I guess. I've not waited THAT long yet, my best city is only Dwarven, but I do agree some of the waits are long. Which is why I'm suggesting this double builder idea.

@Ritsel Heard that. They have like 10 to 14 hour Instants, but you've got to be in a top 3 FS or something to get those. And only one, those aren't great with trying to upgrade a Portal to Level 4 overnight.

Lissona

I personally wouldn't pay for" twice as fast" on Beta. I'm always waiting some weeks at the end of the actual tech tree (since the Dwarven Age). While research is going on I don't have enough resources to build twice as fast - I already lack coins and/or supplies (after research is finished it wasn't really better until now).

Now what means "pay": with diamonds? The answer is no.
An additional fee in coins/supplies/goods/mana/seeds...? Well yes of course, if it is in a range I can except...

Lissi

SoggyShorts

Taking two builders to upgrade a building two levels one after the other without a break (at normal speed) is another one (e. g. if something finishes at night the second builder would automatically start the next level).
I suspect that this would be too hard to implement. The problem is that the game does not refresh while you are logged out, so the first upgrade would not complete. This is why we have dead cities with the MH in upgrade forever. If they fix that, then this idea would work.

DeletedUser724

I propose we should have the ability to set more then one Builder on a single project. If we had two builders going on the same project, it should take twice as fast. For example, upgrading your Main Hall to Level 15 takes around 36 hours. But if I set BOTH builders to the task, it would only take 18. This would give people more motive to buy more builders, and upgrade certain things that take absurdly long.

It should probably cap at 3, so you wouldn't be able to set 5 builders to a single project. Additionally, you shouldn't be able to do it to anything under an hour or two.

When you build/upgrade something, it should automatically use one builder. But if you click on the building, you should be able to add a builder and halve the time remaining, even if it's halfway done.

Like this thread if you like the idea. Comment why or why not. :)

Idea is good to have more than 1 builder to work on same buildings
however, if 1 builder need 36 hours and 2 builder become 18 hour,that will be a problem

Player will start to dump all 5 builder to the same building, the progress speed of a new chapter will be out-of-control, that is to say, player will likely to complete a new chapter very fast........ you should aware...most of our builder is actually idling, get nothing to do, all-day-night-sleeping, so assign 5 builder to a builder is super easy

The construction timing of a building , to me, is a bottle-neck /hard-part of a time, working too fast seems "boring time will increased as the waiting time for new chapter will increased ...due to too early to complete a chapter"

Recently Inno already provide some "instant" recently to reduce timing ....

I am not oppose to have more than 1 builder in a buildings

I am oppose to "new-construction- time = old-construction-time / no-of-builder"

builders may obstacle each other, so there will a drop of effectively
I think
if 2 builder, new construction time = remaining old construction time /1.6... 2 builder X0.8
if 3 builder, new construction time = remaining old construction time /1.8... 3 builder X0.6
if 4 builder, new construction time = remaining old construction time /2.0... 4 builder X0.5
if 5 builder, new construction time = remaining old construction time /2.25... 5 builder X0.45

DeletedUser2194

@conqueror9 That's why I set the caps. Like I said, and you just quoted,

By this I meant that you couldn't be able to set more then 3 Builders to a single construction time. And you shouldn't be able to do it for anything that takes under an hour or two. Two builders is double the time, three builders would be triple. Can't use any more, and you couldn't use those builders again while that thing is building.

DeletedUser724

Two builders is double the time, three builders would be triple.

that is what I oppose....
10 hour become 5 hour with 2 builder
10 hour become 3.3 hour with 3 builder

it will be a problem that the game will speed up too fast
what i am saying
10 hour become 8 hour with 2 builder
10 hour become 6 hour with 3 builder
10 hour become 5 hour with 4 builder
10 hour become 4.5 hour with 5 builder

even with 5 builder, u still need 4.5 hour (instead of 3.3 hour with 3 builder in your suggestion) to complete that building in my suggestion

it allow you to reduce construction time , but not a super great reduction

DeletedUser2194

Hm. Perhaps not AS drastic as halving the time. But I do believe the cap of 3 is necessary. Setting 5 Builders on a single project seems like overkill. Perhaps each Builder added reduces the time by 1/4. So with 2 24 hours becomes 18, and 3 builders makes it 12. But you wouldn't be able to use those three builders in all that time. It'd encourage builder hut upgrades.

DeletedUser1596

My city has over 100.000 inhabitants, it has hosted many exotic cultures with their own architectures.. yet in this entire city there are only 2-5 people capable of holding a hammer, but they refuse to work together. Anyway, who would argue with a guy, that can build an ancient wonder on his own over night.

Yep, I like the idea, but it's not going to happen.

Marindor

Since we already have instants and the option to finish timers quickly by paying diamonds, we currently have no intention of implementing this idea. I'll archive this thread now :)