• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser1095

Is the apparent bug requiring us to build unboosted advanced manufactories related to the apparent bug requiring us to research advanced manufactories for unboosted goods before researching advanced manufactories for boosted ones? (I was just required to research advanced silk as the first of the three advanced manufactories, when my 2nd-tier boost is crystal.) Is misidentification of which boosts we have the underlying bug?

And could someone moderator-like please reply to the question below? Thank you!
Do I understand correctly that players who chose the role of humans do not have undeclinable quests requiring them to build advanced nonboosted manufactories?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1095

Do I understand correctly that players who chose the role of humans do not have undeclinable quests requiring them to build advanced nonboosted manufactories?

Could someone who's a moderator, community manager and/or quality-assurance person please please respond to that question - please and thank you very much indeed? I'm trying to understand the situation properly.

DeletedUser

I don't think I remember any human player complaining on this forum as yet about the quest asking to build non-boosted manufactories ... Not sure if i missed it by any chance but almost all of the complaints i have read are from Elves ....is that indication enough for thinking Human players do not get these type quests I wouldn't know ... Maybe some advance stage Human players can confirm it much more faster than waiting for the dev team's investigation results ...:p

DeletedUser503

Ok, I have read through this thread. I have built at least one of every manufactory, boosted and non-boosted.
The non-boosted goods are not useless. I would have built the non-boosted goods even if a quest did not require them.
I like my city to have a variety of buildings, as it makes for a more interesting appeal, in my opinion. Without naming
names, some of you are making comments like a very spoiled person, who wants things their own way. Having played
another Inno game for 3 yrs running, I can tell you, Inno does what Inno thinks best. They are the creators of the
game after all. I really don't see that a quest to build an unboosted manufactory should cause so much ranting
among the population. I may be in the minority , but I am also a very patient player, deal with things as they come,
unless it is an actual bug causing a malfunction, for heaven's sakes, relax and pace yourselves to the requirements.

DeletedUser

We all (or most of us here playing) are patient people, I believe.

What makes the players ranting is the repeated advice of the staff (following the devs statements I guess) to build only boosted goods manufactoires from the very beginning on.

But: later in the storyline players are being forced by quests to build just these non-boosted manufactories, indeed.

For sure, Innogames is the big player in this game - and afterwards they have to suffer the consequences when they think, players are patient forever.

DeletedUser118

Patience is not a problem I'd say. If you're not patient, this type of game is the wrong one to choose.

Then again, I think its fine with me if Innogames wants to do a few things the way they want it to. But they should still always remember that they are creating these kinds of games for us, the players, not for themselves. Its a thing I never understood when I played such games from them, cuz its the same in other games of them too. They are not really listening enough to what the players say, but in the end suffer from loosing too many. And finaly when they realize that something has to be done, its already too late. *sighs*

All I wish for would be a little more cooperation between Inno and us. We need that to make the game much more successfull and not just one of the 10.000 games already exitsing out there.

Edit: Thanks ML. ;)

DeletedUser872

I am a human player and I did have a quest to build an non-boosted manufactory to level 5. "Fortunately" :p no-one in my early neighborhood with crystal was active so I was forced to build a non-boosted crystalfactory already.
Quests like this, making no-sense, should better be avoided.

DeletedUser1151

If quest demand something, i build, but in same time, i build one of all building for ress, then you may trade in some time with all.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, me too I've been forced to build 2 gems manufactories (not boosted good) 'cause in the market gems are not exchanged...:mad:
I've lost population, culture etc etc :mad:

DeletedUser1095

I am a human player and I did have a quest to build an non-boosted manufactory to level 5. "Fortunately" :p no-one in my early neighborhood with crystal was active so I was forced to build a non-boosted crystalfactory already.
Quests like this, making no-sense, should better be avoided.

Thanks for piping up, McLain. At least the absurd quests are distributed equally

DeletedUser651

Without naming
names, some of you are making comments like a very spoiled person, who wants things their own way.

It seems a lot of players want it this way.

Here are a few comments by the moderators on this issue written in bold type because I still haven't figured out how to quote people:

Thank you all for your feedback! I've forwarded all solutions, with the comment that most players seem to prefer the "Decline" button.
clear.png

The idea was forwarded a couple of updates ago.

ddevil is right about building manufactories you don't have a boost for. That is not the intention of the game, and players only do it due to lack of active neighbours. That problem is being worked on, we just have to remain patient to see what the devs come up with.
Players should always have the option to build a non-boosted factory, i would not recommend it, but it is every player's right to do so. This is why we need to research them in the tech tree.

To reiterate: The intention of the game is not to build manufactories for which you have no boost. And it is not recommended players build non boosted factories.

The quest itself should be declinable, and that's exactly what we're disussing here. Players should not be forced to build something that has no use for them to advance in the game, and in this case it slows players down which is never good.

Again, here is a moderator saying that players should not be forced to build something that has no use for them to advance in the game.

The decline button idea has been forwarded, Bobbykitty, so hopefully the devs will implement this so that players don't get stuck with their quest progress .

Players are getting stuck in their quest progress because of this issue. And the idea was forwarded multiple times. We were all hoping the devs would implement this.

Let me reassure you all that we are aware of the gravity of this issue. This thread has now become the most replied to thread.

Everyone here (the players and the moderators) seems to understand the gravity of this issue and yet the easy fix to add a decline button was not implemented. Now certainly, the devs can do whatever they want. But the players are shouting as loud as they can (this thread has the most replies of all) and no response has been forthcoming. You can call everyone spoiled if you want, or you can view all this feedback as valuable so the game, which is live now, will be successful. Most people who are unhappy never say a word. They just leave. If players leave they rarely come back. If there is something that is making a lot of players unhappy then that should have top priority IF you want to save some players from leaving on the live servers. That is the job of beta testers...to make the game more successful for the developers.

Everyone here is working hard for the developers. All feedback, good, bad or very bad is important to them. All comments are vital to the success of this game. Complaints are golden opportunities for businesses. Unhappy silence is death.

I think more than the issue itself, players are getting frustrated because they are giving feedback and feel that the devs are not listening to them.

DeletedUser283

players are getting frustrated because they are giving feedback and feel that the devs are not listening to them.

though I do not play on FoE beta, I read their forum frequently, and this is exactly the kind of statement that one can find there :(
same old, same old....

DeletedUser118

Go read other forums of Innogames Games and you'll find the same thing everywhere. That's the way it goes. ;)