• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser205

I don't have that much coins or supplies, because I try to not exploit quests, therefor I'm declining just quests, that force me to build or upgrade non-boosted manufactories for example or build or upgrade more than 2 armories, I can't afford that number at my stage missing premium expansions desperately.

it is your personal decision, that to circle sidequests is exploit.
No moderator has took a firm stand to answer the questions about this.
A support-mail encouraged me to use the sidequest as possible (declining as often as I wish).
To me it is nothing as rumor to mark that as exploit.

My experience (or feeling?) is, that they even bettered that bug, that kicked you out, if you clicked to fast while declining.

So it is up to you, how and how many coins/supplies you get :D

DeletedUser

It's just about that I'm not having fun facing such stupid things, even if doin' it pays off extremely well...

DeletedUser205

you are right, it is stupid to decline a lot of times.
but IMHO it is stupid too, to build factories with poor output.
therefore I prefer to earn the necessary goods for upgrading via sidequests, if the trader doesn't help.
What because of the misbalancing of the neighborhoodfeature normaly happens in my world.

DeletedUser224

I think the best option is the third:
Give an option to decline quests related to non-boosted goods.
I hope the quests will be modified soon… I received today the quest "Creating superior magic" :(
(and my boosted good is gems!)

DeletedUser85

Why is such quest unable to be declined since I do not need those manufactories as I have bonus on the third one? Building those two buildings need a lot of time, materials and is completely waste of everything, since the rewards are only 200 Magic Dust and 200 Elixir.
Such types of quests shouldn't be put in the main story, as they only stop the development.

DeletedUser95

@ddevil
??
21485706hm.jpg

wait a little, you will get that quests later ;-)

I just completed that quest, because I was 'lucky' to be forced to build a Magic Dust manufactory, because there is no chance to trade enough Magic Dust in my neighborhood...

I got magic dust check and just build elixir manufactory and I upgrade to lv3 and quest its not completed ???? how did you got completed????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

perhaps it is like my case:
Elixier was build and upgraded before the quest came as asked for that - and quest at once marked as green ok
Dust has to been build first and upgraded for the quest but then the quest-ok doesn't work?
Has anybody similar experiences?

DeletedUser119

how did you got completed????
Look carefully, they ask for ADVANCED manufactory, so you have to upgrade it until its size change.
My manufactory built before I have the quest has count for me

DeletedUser224

upgrade to lv3 and quest its not completed ???? how did you got completed????
the quest say: Have 1 advanced magic dust manufactory... Have 1 advanced elixir manufactory
we should have manufactories at least level 4

DeletedUser118

We sure do! At least when it comes to building none boosted goods manufactories. These quests should really be declinable.

DeletedUser224

oh, I wait the "decline" button ...because I don't have 641 population for the quest "creating superior magic" ;)

DeletedUser1012

I have mixed feelings about such quests: Until you build up enough of the boosted good(s), it is good to have at least one of each of the other. Why? Because some of these non-boosted goods are required for both building/upgrading some of our buildings, and also for negotiating on the map. Also, in the market, I see some ridiculous unfair trades, so trading is not always an option. The quests should be optional, but I think that they should remain, for those who want or need them.
I thought I had enough steel for building/trading/negotiating, so I tore down my level 3 marbles and planks; I regret to say that I had to rebuild two of each, because the demand for those items keeps coming! I have just entered the second tier, and I do not have the room for building my next boost, which is Scrolls, so until I gain two more provinces to get more land, I cannot start production of the new Good. The only way I can gain these provinces is by negotiating, because the armies in the sectors are too unfair, and I am nowhere on the tech tree where I can recruit a more-fairly balanced military. I only have the dancers and archers, which pretty much get wiped out per sector, and it takes many hours of recruiting in order to get enough to even consider a new fight. The amounts of goods required to "purchase" these sectors is laughable, and very unfair.

DeletedUser867

I've kind of settled in on the following priorities.
  • Max out your housing
  • Max out your production
  • Keep your culture at 125% or above
  • Upgrade your Main Hall, as needed for storage capacity
  • Max out your military
  • Max out your manufacturing
When you have some breathing room on the tech tree, and enough space in your city, start at the top again and add a few more buildings.

I made the mistake of jumping on my Military early, so that I could rush trough the World Map for both the Relics and the Knowledge Points, and thereby the tech tree, but I ended up leaving my manufacturing and then my military sitting inactive, because they were starving to death for coins and supplies.

It's VERY easy to get ahead of yourself.

DeletedUser

I have mixed feelings about such quests: Until you build up enough of the boosted good(s), it is good to have at least one of each of the other. Why? Because some of these non-boosted goods are required for both building/upgrading some of our buildings, and also for negotiating on the map. Also, in the market, I see some ridiculous unfair trades, so trading is not always an option. The quests should be optional, but I think that they should remain, for those who want or need them.
I thought I had enough steel for building/trading/negotiating, so I tore down my level 3 marbles and planks; I regret to say that I had to rebuild two of each, because the demand for those items keeps coming! I have just entered the second tier, and I do not have the room for building my next boost, which is Scrolls, so until I gain two more provinces to get more land, I cannot start production of the new Good. The only way I can gain these provinces is by negotiating, because the armies in the sectors are too unfair, and I am nowhere on the tech tree where I can recruit a more-fairly balanced military. I only have the dancers and archers, which pretty much get wiped out per sector, and it takes many hours of recruiting in order to get enough to even consider a new fight. The amounts of goods required to "purchase" these sectors is laughable, and very unfair.

But IMHO thats not the correct / strategic way of playing this game ... We are supposed to build only the manufactories of which we have been given the boost for, Building of Non-boosted manufactories makes this game a single player game ... Then why do the dev's insist upon getting the culture bonus through neighborly help and have kept it at such unbalanced way and ridiculously high ?? I feel the problem with not able to get goods is only because we are stuck in an inactive neighborhood and also currently there's no system for grouping of players. If they bring some kind of alliance / guild system I feel the goods requirement for the research will never be problem ... I am playing this game with just 2 active neighbors among 50-60 discovered and I have never been into shortage of goods ...the three of us between us share goods whnever we need and keep in touch through the messaging ... Under these circumstances why am i forced to build manufactories that i dont have any boost... and if the intention of the dev's was to make all players build all the 3 goods buildings why give boost for only one of them ... its a waste of resources building those non-boosted manufactories ... the amount of space it takes, the population it needs ... the culture bonus it hogs ...and so much of coins and productions we need to waste to upgrade it ...all for us to get a very little amount of goods in return and worse for most players just for these badly thought out quests ... I seriously feel that quests forcing us to build non-boosted manufactories is a big silly mistake from whoever thought it out and should have never been there in the game ....

About the goods requirement to negotiate sectors / provinces I will agree they are very high but as far as I know the dev's have made a conscious effort in making those sectors as difficult as possible to achieve just because they dont want us the players to win them easily and get KPs / relics at the drop of a hat ... those are really valuable resources of the game and making them easily attainable will take out the longevity of the game ... Why even the fights are badly imbalanced according to many and after a certain stage i believe we are in no position to fight at all because of the defending units being so high in number compared to what we can finally achieve in this game...

DeletedUser629

ddevil is right about building manufactories you don't have a boost for. That is not the intention of the game, and players only do it due to lack of active neighbours. That problem is being worked on, we just have to remain patient to see what the devs come up with.

DeletedUser1012

"About the goods requirement to negotiate sectors / provinces I will agree they are very high but as far as I know the dev's have made a conscious effort in making those sectors as difficult as possible to achieve just because they dont want us the players to win them easily and get KPs / relics at the drop of a hat .."

That makes very little sense to me; if I do not have the boost for 6 of 9 goods, why do I have to have so many relics for them? there are too many un-related goods provinces that I have to win, in order to get to the steel and other two boosted ones. What am I expected to do with these useless relics?