• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser800

What sorella said. Build, upgrade, raze. Already done it, tbh.

To the devs: change the quest or make it declinable, please.

Edit: My builders being busy for hours was the most unpleasant thing imo.

DeletedUser

I Dont think I will be needing that much population immediately bcoz i have already finished upgrading most of the buildings in my city...Even if I would be needing them its all as per requirements basis only.... I upgrade only when I NEED the population and in this case I do not need those buildings ...All the buildings in my city have already reached level 14 ... As i said I am playing this game strategically and have everything planned accordingly except for any dumb / stupid things that the game still has ... thats bcoz you cannot measure the heights of stupidity:D:p

BY the way I dont depend my game on the Quests for me to fulfill it ... I am not going to even try to complete that quest ... Maybe @Muf-Muf has better idea of what can be done ;):D if at all he decides to reply my question ... For me, just like @Bobbykitty already said, the main quest line is over as of today ....I cant be arsed to do this or any other stupid non-required quests...

DeletedUser43

With update 0.17, the quest requirements of the storyline quests related to advanced non-boosted manufactories are changed:
Storyline quests should no longer require players to have high-leveled, non-boosted Manufactories in their city

I'll set this thread to "Implemented". If you still encounter non-declinable quests that require you to build higher-level non-boosted manufactories, please let us know!
@ddevil , @Bobbykitty : it looks like you're able to continue your main questlines ;)

DeletedUser118

Is this somekinda joke or are you serious??

o4a7ege3.png

You can guess 3 times what is NOT my boosted good...

DeletedUser651

That seems to be exactly what we were promised would never happen. Could we get a response from a moderator as to whether this is a bug specific to Katzenprinz?

DeletedUser651

Thanks @RugBug ! I took it myself. This lovely creature was in my backyard and I ran after him to get this photo. :)

DeletedUser43

That seems to be exactly what we were promised would never happen. Could we get a response from a moderator as to whether this is a bug specific to Katzenprinz?
In short: this is not a bug. With update 0.17, you don't have to have high-leveled, non-boosted manufactories. For Katzenprinz's quest, this means that there isn't a required level; every upgrade of the manufactory will complete this quest, even an upgrade from level 1 to 2.

DeletedUser

so.... it's implemented to only advanced non-boosted manufactories?
i have a quest for "simple" ones that i can not decline, and there is no way i am building those - even if i had the population and space needed for it!
http://prntscr.com/7buywd
so i guess i'm stuck with quest line.... yeah, that'll make me play this game more often o_O

can i get answer to this?
i have to build this to move on? as in make 400 population and space for 2 buildings sized 4x3? and i can't just place them, i have to wait for them to be built? so i could delete them and continue with the game?
i need an answer please

DeletedUser118

Well, Lauwi but why do I have to upgrade a building that I don't really need? Magic Dust is not my boosted good. Its almost the same thing as in the other earlier quest which this thread is all about. Please don't let us have more of these silly quests and have the devs change this from unboosted to a boosted manufactory...

DeletedUser1095

In short: this is not a bug. With update 0.17, you don't have to have high-leveled, non-boosted manufactories. For Katzenprinz's quest, this means that there isn't a required level; every upgrade of the manufactory will complete this quest, even an upgrade from level 1 to 2.

Lauwi, the title of the thread and the primary request is "Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost."
Now you tell us we still not only have to build them but have to upgrade them - not only for level-one goods but for all levels?!
So in what sense is the proposal "implemented"???

DeletedUser778

After the patch i was relieved that my quest to have an advanced magic dust and elixir manufactory turned to just have a magic dust and elixir manufactory.
Since i got some expansions at that time I builded them fast and sold them afterwards.
Now a couple of quests later the quest demands me to upgrade a magic dust manufactory :mad:
So i have to make place again, build that manufactory again and then upgrade it -> stupid loss of ressources -> not happening.

DeletedUser43

We had set this thread to "Implemented", because the developers had taken all proposed suggestions into consideration and changed at least a part of the problem (the part most players complained about, namely the upgrades to the advanced level). However, due to your requests, we'll set this thread back to "Quests".

DeletedUser118

Thanks Lauwi. Lets hope they will find a solution for this problem as well. Mine would be: Please change it to a boosted good. Upgrading that won't be a problem.

DeletedUser1037

I also have reached this point of the mainquest line today. My boosted good is gem, and now I should build two unboosted manufactories :rolleyes:? Neither I have 24 free squares in my city, nor enough population.

It makes absolutely no sense to have this as a undeclinable mainquest. Different players play in different ways and some decided to produce also unboosted goods, and I'm sure they have good reasons to do it this way (perhaps only ghostcity-neighbors or something like that).
But I decided to produce only boosted ones, and I will not solve this quest, because it's senseless.

Why is the quest not "Have two (advanced) boosted manufactories." ?

DeletedUser

can i get answer to this?
i have to build this to move on? as in make 400 population and space for 2 buildings sized 4x3? and i can't just place them, i have to wait for them to be built? so i could delete them and continue with the game?
i need an answer please

so without a real answer to this (you only gave it for upgrade), i have finally managed to get some space and had to upgrade lots of my residences in order to move on with the quest
now i have 2 huge unboosted goods building in my city that are level 1
why? 2 reasons; 1st i don't want ot move on and get that quest to upgrade them then have to do this all over again, and 2nd seems like everyone around me has the same boost and i can't trade to get enough goods, so i'm picking them piece by piece and yes, it takes ages... if i didn't get this quest, and the possiblility of upgrade unboosted still lingering, i could make 3 boosted ones and trade with my trader if nothing else...
this is really a bad quest example

DeletedUser1126

Well, I find the "implementation" bad. I have the 'upgrade 2 marble quarries' too and marble is not my boosted good. Sure, I have 1 marble quarry because the trade system is bad but I shouldn't be forced to build one just to finish a daft quest. Thumbs down on this one.

Edit by Goryn. Mind your language please, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: