• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Don't require us to build manufactories for which we have no boost

DeletedUser867

I'll be a bit contrary. This is a City Builder, so we NEED some complex objectives that require delicate handling. I'd MUCH rather have something that's inherently part of the game, as a challenge quest, rather than some hokey scenario that been patched onto the story line.

Requiring us to build all nine types of manufacturing facilities, is an ELEGANT way to provide us with a COMPLEX goal that might even have some marginal benefit. City Buildings are a strange lot anyway. I'll lay you good odds that one of the mini-game will be advancing your city without EVER using the Wholesaler, etc, etc, etc, so these quests are only "useless" of you're a linear hair-on-fire type.

Sometimes even a bad choice is the best choice. However, it would be good pedagogy for the quest text to clearly indicate that non-boosted manufacturing facilities are sub-optimal. We don't want to be training folks to do the wrong things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Katwijk you have worded my opinion in a good way. I always was Against removing the storyline quests.

DeletedUser118

Its not about removing them but changing them to something more fitting to something that's been said here all the time by mods. Only have boosted goods manufactories!

DeletedUser

No that doesn't make much sense either. As it is now there are no problems for me. And be happy now you will have some time until the research tree has ended.

DeletedUser118

Done with that for quite a while now, so the research tree is not really an option fr me.

DeletedUser1037

I still can't see anything "elegant" in being forced to build unnecessary, expensive buildings.

I have good, reliable trading partners for all of my unboosted goods and my offers are generous, so the trader fee is not a problem for my trading partners far away. Building a magic dust and an elixir manufactory would be nothing more than a big waste of resources, that can be invested in a smarter way.

I'm now making no progress in the main questline for more than a month, and it is really annoying and frustrating, that we have still no sensible solution for this issue.

DeletedUser118

Haha. :D

The only problem I see here is that you might not be able to get more quests once they are added someday in the future.

Knowing Inno, you might not even be able to participate in some of the future "events" they have planned either. ;)

DeletedUser283

in FoE, event quests are supplemental, i.e. if you have 2 quests slots, a third one is added for the event quests;

DeletedUser

Well I completely forgot about the main line quest until @LordB mentioned about it just now ...I had stopped even looking at it the moment it asked me to build non-boosted manufactories ... I have finished up with the game and currently upgrading some of my boosted goods buildings that I dont need to but just to kill my time in the game ...:p

DeletedUser205

Who is forced?
I'm still not in the mood to build and upgrade a magic dust manufactory, so mainquest can wait another year or so :p

Isn't just the dustbuilding one of the nicer looking ones when leveled up? Why not take it as temporarly sort of art in your city? You pay for a dekopiece for a while and crash it down when fed up. Have left a space which you will anyway be thankful for sometimes and get another useless quest to built (you can take this space as a permanent one for useless buildings or uninspired quests, so to speak as a monument of uselessness :D

DeletedUser

@sorella : I am not doing that quest as a principle ...Now that I am finished with the game I could've have completed it ... I have got space and can hold back some of my upgradation of boosted manufactories and use that population to get those quests done...But then Its a wrong quest to have in the game ...Its basically foolishness from the dev's asking us to build non boosted manufactories when the whole game is all about playing it strategically and wisely using only the best / boosted options given to us ..... I don't care if they don't take off those quests ...As i said before I was still able to play the game without the help of the mainline quests and now I am almost finished with it, it doesn't really matter to me anymore ...;)

Haha. :D

The only problem I see here is that you might not be able to get more quests once they are added someday in the future.

Knowing Inno, you might not even be able to participate in some of the future "events" they have planned either. ;)

I understand and have seen it myself happening in FOE but they have only been linked with the side quests to the best of my knowledge.... never seen them combined with the main storyline quests because those cannot be aborted and a lot of players are not in a position to complete these quests on time for the events .....So the storyline quests are never touched for anything ...Just the abortable side quests and those I am happily aborting or getting it done all the time ...:p

DeletedUser205

@ddevil I'm absolutly with you about principles. But following the happenings here I came to the conclusion, that the involved devs will not come to the insight that they created foolish quests. Maybe it is all a matter to fill contents into the game without a really plan; or teams who don't communicate, don't listen to each other, don't understand what the red thread is or whatever went wrong.
Maybe it is nothing but a test to their amusement, to which limit of foolish orders they players can bring - who knows what the devine plan is? :rolleyes:

I don't hesitate to handover you the goldmedal of resisting degrading quests :D:D:D

DeletedUser778

Still not changed... :(
So I decided to swallow the bitter pill and build and upgrade a magic dust manufactory for "Elven Sorceresses I" on my newly earned province expansion, even though it's still a waste of building time and resources.
When do the devs finally realize that it is totally useless to be forced to build non boosted goods for quests, when you have a neighbourhood and a fellowship to trade with.
Even without trading partners they become useless when you hit 400%+ boost rate...

DeletedUser

Sorry I cannot resist myself from replying to this thread whenever someone offers to say something about this topic :p... the dev's are never going to realize becoz the Mods are not going to take this issue to them anymore ... As thats what it seems from their response to the supposed changes they made as a solution to this problem which in reality was no solution at all ... I have not touched my main quest even now and dont think ever will ... Good thing you finished that quest ... I think most of the players are just going along with their foolishness and getting those quests completed for the sake of completing them....so why would they even think of changing that quest anymore ??:D

DeletedUser651

I finally gave up and completed that stupid quest, and you know what....I finished the tech tree and I don't have that line of quests any more anyway. So, it was a stupid waste of time. It is too bad they don't remove it.