• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Do you want to build a magic academy?

DeletedUser651

Simple question: Do you want to build a magic academy now? I don't mean sometime in the future. I mean, now. As it is now. I am taking a poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be watching this thread, as we'd like to know the reason(s) why people give the answer they give. So, please do provide your reason(s). And, more importantly, try to answer the "Why?" question. :)

DeletedUser

No.
It is too big and until we have a an easy and regular/reliable source of relics it makes no sense to spend relics we need to update Aws into spells that are simply not powerful enough. I have built all my worlds so they are self sufficient, so all the spells available at the moment would be just a bonus, and not necessary. If we had an abundance of relics and space wasn't an issue, then sure, i would build it, why not? some bonus is better than nothing. But considering its size and the fact that relics are in fact quite precious at the moment and we don't know when that its going to change, its just not worth it. In fact, I am now stuck in the questline on the mandatory quest to build it, and I have decided i rather stay stuck there for however long it takes, than build it and waste precious space.

DeletedUser

Already have on the US servers. Why?- I'm impatient. I run out of supplies despite having fourteen dwarven workshops (lvl 17). Mostly I stay well above board with supply but when I run out or low at a time I want to build more I can boost up some culture with one spell, and then boost up the the supply with another spell. Then I do some short and medium runs and I am back in black.
I have 6 armories going (lvl 17) on Aren and training size is 300 sword or 50 Granite Golem/slot and I like to keep a full queue (gives me 26hours which is nice when I am away on weekends)
I've run the academy non-stop since acquiring it and so far it's barely put a dent in my relic count. The value I see in it is that I can instantly make course corrections in culture/supply, it's one expansion space which could have held what? an extra workshop and some culture items ( which would necessitate more population. One fire temple? For the same space as a temple I get a more responsive city. I imagine there will be more and better spells down the road but even as it stands now I would make the same choice again.
- my one concern is the lack of relic source replacement to date- I am taking a leap of faith that when they say there will be more coming-then more will be coming. I would not be happy if I hit the end my relic supply and no remedy materialized by then--before then really. An idle un-erasable Academy would leave me with a sour taste.

DeletedUser

Ok... I am adding reasons as you want @Muf-Muf:
1. Spells are only usable a bit on early stages, when increased income from single manufacture is giving a boost. Later in game players are having so much of Goods, boosts are not needed and increased income from boosted one manufacture is unnoticed, when player is having 4 or more of them. Same apply to Workshops. Many have 10 of them, so boost is eve more unnoticed.
2. This building only reason is to provide Spells, which are time consuming and as stated in point 1, their value is rather poor compared to their costs,
3. 3rd level only for diamonds. This probably will change with time, but if not, many players will stop at this point,
4. Building cannot be sold, what combined with point 3 will end as building on low level, not used by people, but without option of remove and regaining lost expansion,
5. Spells use relics and we don't have now source other than conquering provinces. Very limiting. Relics are taken also by Ancient Wonders. We didn't heard when will be introduced this new source.
6. It use a lot of place which is always very important. Now look at sizes of Faeries farms and realize how empty place is becoming precious.
7. It will be sitting in players towns unused, because it is having no real value or players will end at this quest and not go further - this is main plot BLOCKER
8. There is no plans in a matter of months to improve it, so it will be crap for a months before it will be somehow improved. But after few months people will be waiting again for new race, because all current and available techs are to finish in a 2-3 months of regular play, without rush.

Enough reasons? Or maybe I should think more than 10 seconds to find more? This building is crap currently and making it obligatory is not a solution.

Jixel

No :
- it is a large building. I currently do not have space for it, and almost any other building would currently be a better use of the space.
- creating spells uses a non-renewable resource (relics)

The normal production chain goes :
Coins (renewable) + supplies (renewable) -> Goods

Using spells makes that :
Relics (non-renewable) -> Spells
Coins/supplies + Spells -> Goods

... which only works until the relics run out.

Until we have more information on how Provincial tournaments work (and particularly if they somehow turn non-renewable relics into a renewable resource), I have no interest in the Academy, and haven't build one on any of my 4 cities.

DeletedUser

No !

I've already build it on Beta but don't have any use for it. I get enough resources without the need to boost them. If I have the option I would sell it again, it's just to big and doing nothing.

On my other world I haven't build it yet, not enough space and I'm not planning to build it for now. My cities are mostly self sufficient and don't need any useless boost.

DeletedUser246

No and Yes.
Why No ?
Because cost too many space. 5x4 for humans and 5x5(!!!!!!) for elves. Do not give us any points, and only "nice" spell so far now is supply spell.
No, because costs 1500 diamonds to reach lvl 5 of Magic Academy, and still, give us no ranking points. Still giant for the city, in times that space it is important.

Yes, because i pretty sure that these 3 spells, aren't the only spells we'll have.

The most significant spell they can create is "Increase the Speed of Scouting by 10%"
Why?
Most of players already completed more than 180 provinces. If a player scout a new province and costs to him 24 hours, with the spell, we'll decrease this time by 144 minutes.

DeletedUser651

No. 1. I am not a diamond player and as such the building is worse than useless. I can only build it to level 2. I could build a factory or a another workshop in the space and get the same benefits AND get points which helps my ranking (yes, I admit it, I care about rank), AND a workshop or factory won't cost me any relics. Considering it takes me nearly 3 days just to scout one province, the last thing I want to depend on are relics.

2. I DON'T HAVE ROOM. (That is the main reason. :D)

3. I have a lot of other buildings I need instead and I need NOW. I need more day farms, more night farms, possibly the new fairy battle building, room for expanded workshops, room for armories, room for more residences so I can get the population I need to upgrade the factories and I need room for the new factories. Building the magic academy causes me harm by preventing me from building these things I need.

DeletedUser118

And another NO from me too.

Its way too big in size and the outcome from the spells its not really worth it. Also if I think of it being not deletable makes me even less interested in getting it. The size of the fairy buildings I haven't even mentioned which makes it hard to place it somewhere.

So no thank you.

DeletedUser1548

No.

I built it my main city. Produced several spells. Didn't use any of them! Now it just sits there being at level 2... sleeping all the time (zzz).
It's better for me to be stuck in the main questline rather than build it in my other cities. I agree with most of the reasons above.

DeletedUser724

It is a useless building

If you are regularly online
you do not need those spell to increase production and happiness

If the magic building can be used on battles
the situation will be different as
we had some hard battle to play
those magic may help the battle

DeletedUser1526

NO !!!

I can't decide do I hate the fact it is so useless and takes that much space or the fact that devs force me AGAIN to play in the way THEY want instead the way I want. Again, I'm left without options. I want to have more options in a gameplay and with every update we get less and less...

So, I hate it, I don't want to build it and I think that it should be deleteable.

Preator

Simple Answer: No.

My reasons are already indicated by other players above:
Too big.
The spells are not worth it.
The resources to create spells (relics) are finite (at least for now).
Not sellable. (If it would be, i would build it when the corresponding quest appear, and sell after that. But for now, i am planning not to complete that quest).

DeletedUser1570

No.

My reasons (they already have been said by many, so I'll just repeat to make a point)
- Way too big, takes up too much space. This is especially true if you are a non-diamond player and are not swimming in premium expansions.
- It's usefulness is doubtful. Using the 5x5 space it requires for something else (more manufactories, more workshops, more residences, almost anything) is far more profitable. This building needs to be much more powerful if it is to become mandatory.

DeletedUser

If another page fills and I am still the only yes- do I get a prize?

DeletedUser1250

No and yes

Yes because:
I have built it here and in the dutch server. I like the building itself, although it needs a lot of space. I like to have different buildings in the city and I like to be able to do different things, like building, trading, fighting, creating. I like the ancient wonders too, although I do't have them all yet. I want to have them all, because it looks so nice. So even if the academy seems not so useful, I would like to have the academy, just because it adds something to my city.
I like the idea of creating spells and the spells for culture and supplies can be useful when upgrading workshops, residences and such, because they need a lot of coins and supplies. I see many other players using the spells, when I visit them and it is useful when I can give help on a building which has a spell on it. I know it will help the owner. I am curious what more will come in the future and heard something about spells becoming more useful. So yes, give it a chance, let's wait and see what more will come because I think we will get more.

No because:
It takes too much space and doesn't come wit an extra expansion for it. That is the most important reason not to build it.
I have a small account on another server to try the humans. That account has no bought expansions and I am struggling with the space there. I made the choice NOT to build the magic academy yet on that small account. Just started chapter 3. The magic academy simply takes too much space and when you don't want to buy expansions with diamonds, you need that space for residences and such or you will have very slow progress. So on my pretty new human account, I don't want to build the magic academy now, due to a lack of space. I rather have goods of tier 1 and 2 instead of spells. I would hate to be forced to build it right now, because I would have to remove manufactories and residences. I would also not like it when I can't do any quests anymore, because a non-declinable quest would stay there till I would have build the magic academy.

The problem for the players that already passed chapter 1 when the magic academy got introduced, is that they are used to play without the academy and used the space for other buildings. Then the magic academy got introduced, but it didn't come with an extra expansion for it.
Another issue is that it becomes harder and harder to get new relics. I have no lack of relics right now, but what if I go on with non-stop producing spells? I guess I will run out at some point, but I am not sure about that. Have heard something about other ways of getting relics, but right now we don't have information about that.

DeletedUser283

I have built one
I use the culture bonus spell to increase the effect of help, but this is marginal and I could probably survive without it;
sometimes, I use the goods production spell to finish a "collect that many goods" quest faster;
other that that, this building is not really useful, and its spells are far from awesome;
because of the way I choosed to manage my troops, I have a lot of armouries which in turn require lots of population : I make too much gold already and with scouting time around 41 hours, my main hall is full before my scout has arrived ..
I make too many supplies as well, with 10 workshops, and even though I train troops continuously, every now and then I get to the max capacity (hint : barracks are waaaaaaay too slow !);
I buy goods with the excess, allowing me to have a pretty healthy stock, especially because I rarely negotiate encounters;
If I could remove this magic academy, I probably would, and use the space for something more useful.