• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Do YOU need orcs to cater in tournaments? Need your info

SoggyShorts

Has anyone figured out when and why you start having to pay orcs to cater in tournaments?
I've talked to players in chapter 9 that have to, and I have an account in the middle of chapter 10 that doesn't.

Recently something changed though. Now one of my accounts has to pay orcs in the tournament, and I think it is because I unlocked squad size upgrade #35 putting me over 1200 squad size. (I skipped most optional techs)

Could that be the magic number?
Two Questions:
1. What is your squad size?
2. Do you have to pay Orcs when negotiating(catering) tournament encounters?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

live
Chapter 10 - Squad 1242 - no Orks - Squadsize 35 not researched yet (close to research 35 and skipped some techs too)

beta
Chapter 9 - Squad 870 - no Orks - Squadsize 35 not researched yet (skipped some techs too)
Chapter 8 - Squad 597 - no Orks - Squadsize 35 not researched yet (skipped some techs too)

SoggyShorts

Thanks, updated with info from here and on live, so far no exceptions, so the theory may be correct- somewhere between 1243 and 1298

DeletedUser1777

A player asked your question in my country forum, the answer was:
As soon as you have researched 29 squad size upgrades (no matter if mandatory research or not), you will need Orks in tournament.

Some players said, it might be a bit further, so maybe until you habe researched 31 squad size upgrades?

SoggyShorts

A player asked your question in my country forum, the answer was:
As soon as you have researched 29 squad size upgrades (no matter if mandatory research or not), you will need Orks in tournament.
Some players said, it might be a bit further, so maybe until you habe researched 31 squad size upgrades?

Winyandor:
8 skipped techs
27 completed techs
orcs needed

Khelonaar:
8 skipped techs
25 completed techs
no orcs needed

Interesting theory, but I'm thinking squad size is still more likely. My guess is that the person who said 29 squad upgrades didn't skip any, giving them 1311 squad size which fit's in my theory nicely.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

Well it was a Mod who told us, we will definately need Orcs when you have researched 29 techs.

They said they have tested it yesterday, and as Inno has changed some settings in the past, the players who had researched more techs than this before needing Orcs, will have done that before the last changes in tournament game setting.
They were getting kind of rude as I begged them again today to ask internal the Devs o_O

Edit:
In live I've just researched squad 35 (and skipped 7 techs in total), my squadsize is now 1347 an in tourney orks appeared :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Well it was a Mod who told us, we will definately need Orcs when you have researched 29 techs.
As I suspected, the mod doesn't really understand how it works, and only has the one fact. They are technically correct that unlocking 29 SS techs will do it, but it's possible to active orcs much later and with fewer unlocked techs.

• The fastest way to hit the orc requirement is to unlock all of the first 29 SS techs, giving you a squad size of 1311 in early chapter 9
  • The slowest way to hit the orc requirement is to skip all optional techs unlocking only 24 SS techs with a squad size of 1311 early chapter 11
All we need is to find a player that has skipped every optional tech starting with #15
That player will have a squad size of 1146 with SS 34, and will go up to 1251 with SS 35 and probably unlock orcs if my guess is correct and 1250 is the magic number.

It seems a little silly to me that a player in early woodelves should have the same tournament catering costs as a player 2 chapters ahead. Personally I wish they would tie the costs to your chapter rather than techs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

All we need is to find a player that has skipped every optional tech starting with #15
If you are patient enough, I'am the one in Beta :D
My smaller account has skipped so far squad no. 13, 15, 16 (yes didn't take the expansion!), 17, 20, 22 ,25 ,26
I'm in the middle of orcs, so it might need a while until I hit your desired point

Chapter 8 - Squad 597