• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Display Population used by each building

DeletedUser

Hi All

I have noticed that buildings we have built do not show the population it has used ... When we are upgrading, it does show how much is required for the next level but once its done we cannot see how much is used ...I feel it will be very useful and helpful in city planning that all buildings also display the population count along with other details it already displays. If its possible would like to have this simple addition in the display.

visual aid : (A mock-up display of the population count on one of the workshop)

Whkq567.jpg

Thank you

Regards

ddevil

DeletedUser157

+1

However there is a way to see what a building is currently using. Click sell > Hover over building but don't click it > Information.

DeletedUser

+1

However there is a way to see what a building is currently using. Click sell > Hover over building but don't click it > Information.

I know of that method but it can be a little risky option ...if someone accidentally click on it they would end up losing the building along with the upgrades ... My suggestion is to avoid that mishap...

thanks for your approval of the suggestion:)

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the idea and the great mock-up! A similar idea has been suggested in this thread (click). The difference is the place where the population would be displayed. Is it preferable that the population would be displayed in the mouseover window, in the window with the building characteristics or both? :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the idea and the great mock-up! A similar idea has been suggested in this thread (click). The difference is the place where the population would be displayed. Is it preferable that the population would be displayed in the mouseover window, in the window with the building characteristics or both? :)

Sorry I looked for this suggestion in the User interface topic while that thread was in City topic...

I would prefer both - in the window with the characteristics and also mouse over window ... if I have to make a choice then I would go for the mouse over ...Anything that would be easy to view and i think mouse over is the easiest compared to the window with the characteristics which needs an additional click to view ...

Maybe something like this :

mCQ3sKe.jpg

DeletedUser1095

+1 for ddevil's idea as s/he posted it - the mouseover tooltips give details for the wrong building more often than not, and are therefore unclear/unreliable.