• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Disenchant chapter culture buildings

DeletedUser

Didn't know if this should be attached to the other suggestion about disenchanting event buildings, but I like adding the little culture trees and stuff to my city, not only for culture but aesthetics. There are also required chapter quests to build different culture buildings.

Please allow us to disenchant these buildings as well as the event buildings, instead of selling. I'm okay with there being a limit of how many of one type you can disenchant as well.
1 of the large culture buildings
5 of the more decorative culture items ie trees, bushes etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How often? or are you saving your post about counterbalance for later?

SoggyShorts

I realized that depending on how often you are proposing that players be able to do this my counterbalance question may be irrelevant.

So...How often? Just once per large item and 5x per small item ever?

BTW, how about we try to do this suggestion like how normal ones go

1. You make a proposal
2. Others ask for clarification and/or point out possible unintended consequences
3. You clarify your idea and address possible issues

repeat 2&3 until either the idea is deemed viable or not.
There is actually a preferred format for suggestions on Beta that you can see examples of in most of the approved idea here(LINK)
* In your first post, please include:
- A good description of the suggestion (extensive, well described, what other game features would it influence and how, who would benefit from it etc)
- A motivation for the suggestion (so what would be the added value?)
- Any downsides (if there are any)

DeletedUser

If you build 6 weeping willows, you can disenchant 1. If you build 6 purple blossom trees, you can disenchant 5 total.
I'm okay with there being a limit of how many of one type you can disenchant as well.
Look! I quoted myself!

SoggyShorts

Ok so it sounds like you can disenchant every culture building once, and every small one 4 more times?

If that is correct, then I would point out that spell fragments currently have a much higher value than the resources required to build culture structures, so a majority of players would simply build 1 (or 5) of each building and immediately disenchant it.

The result would be that for each chapter completed players would receive a few hundred spell fragments for a nominal fee.

A simpler solution may be to award spell fragments for completing the quest in each chapter that asks you to build a specific culture building.

A possible downside, either way, is that players have repeatedly posted that they hate those quests because building something you don't want just to destroy it is counter-intuitive and seems outright wasteful.

DeletedUser

Let me rephrase this,
Spending supplies, divine seeds and gold to build chapter culture buildings is worth less than an event building being disenchanted?

SoggyShorts

Spending supplies, divine seeds and gold to build chapter culture buildings is worth less than an event building being disenchanted?

Yes, it would absolutely be worth building every single culture building and then immediately disenchanting them. The gold, supplies, and divine seeds are worth almost nothing compared to spell fragments. An advanced city makes enough of those in 1 day to easily build every single culture building. Maybe an extra day for the seeds depending on the city.

DeletedUser

Sorry your argument for not, doesn't make sense to me. Free event buildings you can disenchant, chapter culture buildings costs supplies gold and divine seeds and should also be disenchantable, no matter if someone just builds it to de it. For events, I try to get certain buildings just to de. ie all the ugly buildings.

SoggyShorts

Sorry your argument for not, doesn't make sense to me.
It will makes sense to you once you learn more about the game. You just haven't played long enough to understand the relative value of things.
E.G. players would gladly pay a million coins for a few hundred spell fragments, divine seeds are also worth far less than spell fragments.

You see, spell fragments are rather hard to come by, but coins, supplies and even divine seeds are super easy. The most expensive culture buildings out there cost maybe 12 hours of production and to get up to 1,000 spell fragments for that is an incredible deal.

Most players reach a point where they throw away coins and supplies in the wholesaler and lose divine seeds to decay, so there are days or even weeks where those have almost zero value.

The point is that this idea gives players huge amounts of SF with very very little cost.
No balance.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Right now I'm sitting on 3 free event buildings to disenchant worth 2500 spell fragments. I have to build the mysterious cyclone for chapter 3, if I have to spend supplies and gold to build it, then why not have the ability to disenchant it for 550 spell fragments. My event buildings were free, the cyclone cost me space, gold and supplies to build it. These should be worth more than a free event building.

I'm only asking for one of those types to be disenchanted. Not 3 cyclones, just one and same goes for all the chapters and chapter culture buildings.

Karvest

Event buildings are not free, they cost your time and city space for quests. And their amount is limited way stricter than amount of cyclones you can build.
Also you already getting some resources back when selling event buildings, while event buildings are just demolished.

DeletedUser

Sure they are free, I already have workshops and factories and basically do these quests on a daily basis. Upgrading, making stuff no different really than a normal day in the city. I don't need to build anything extra for an event.

I'm only asking to be able to disenchant 1 cyclone not a bunch like the event buildings, which are free. And I love to get the ugly event buildings to disenchant. I'll have over 6k spell fragments from this event alone. Woot!

DeletedUser

idk the event buildings I have in my bag are the same event buildings from Easter two years ago. Limited in a time frame to get them, but available every year. If we're now able to disenchant buildings, I'd prefer to receive fragments over getting supplies and gold back. And then they are worth more than event buildings because of costs involved and being only allowed to disenchant one, they are more limited because each year at Easter you can disenchant the same event buildings with no limitations.