• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

DeletedUser1657

I agree it gets tedious as it is the same stuff, how much varied things can we do in a game like this? They can add some extra quests but they will likely be of a similar nature. I am glad so far there is no build x buildings, I find them some of the more annoying quests.

No.QuestReward
1Gain 1000 coins1 marble relic
2Buy 1 KP1 steel relic
3Produce beverages (5 min) 1 time1 plank relic
4Gain 1,000 supplies. Reward 1 KP1KP
5Produce simple tools (15 Mins) 2 times1 plank relic
6Gain 7,000 coins1 steel relic
7Spend 3 KP1 marble relic
8Scout 1 province1 KP, 1 Rune
9Gain 8 relics1 Magic M spell
10Solve 10 encounters, or buy 10 KP1 Crystal relic
11Produce 2 power of provision spell1 Scroll relic
12Produce basket of groceries 5 times and Advanced tools 10 tmes1 Silk relic
13produce Bread (1hr) 20 times1 ensorcelled Endowment
14Produce Toolbox (1 day) 7 times1 Silk relic
15Produce Beverages (5min) 99 times1 Scroll relic
16Scout 1 province1 Crystal relic
17Produce (T1 boost 3hr) 8 times and (T1 boost 9hr) 3 times1 KP
18Produce (T1 boost 9hr) 6 times and (T1 boost 1day) 2 times2 KP

Edit: Nice list of suggestions Galoyal.

DeletedUser1777

I totally understand complaining about quests asking for scouting a province, when you are already overscouted. I would appreciate an alternative would be given for those players.

I don't understand when someone is complaining he/she needs to sit 2 days waiting for the scout and has nothing else to do. If you wouldn''t have the experience from other events and no spoiler you would have to wait for the spells or longtime productions (24h / 48h) too ;)
Without an event you would sit there too :rolleyes:

Remember, noone but yourself is forcing your participation in events,
For me the events are a nice sidekick, not meant to keep me busy all day. A lot of people might be happy, they don't have to produce in 23 quests hundreds of 5 minute productions, because they simply don't have the time to do that.

We should be pleased, Inno is offering us an event, serving quests which fit most of the players timeframe and give as a bonus some special buildings :)

DeletedUser736

The problem is that quest building gives an advantage, and that too long quest to complete mean some player simply won't be able to finish the event. For example, I did not check any of the spoilers yet for Valentine quest. I still have 10 quest to do, and 9 days to do so. And my current quest will take me a whole day...

It might turn out to be impossible for me to finish this without using spoilers. And if that turns out to be the case, like it was for the winter event, then I think it is bad design on the behalf of the designer.

DeletedUser607

I totally understand complaining about quests asking for scouting a province, when you are already overscouted. I would appreciate an alternative would be given for those players.

in the winter quest, they made use of that: instead of scouting, they often wanted to have 2 PoPs.

this way, the quest is easier for small players, since scouting takes them a few hours, and doable for larger players, since they have the MA. and over the top, it even pushes a bit for diamonds, since a higher lvl MA reduces the time for the quest.

DeletedUser736

in the winter quest, they made use of that: instead of scouting, they often wanted to have 2 PoPs.

this way, the quest is easier for small players, since scouting takes them a few hours, and doable for larger players, since they have the MA. and over the top, it even pushes a bit for diamonds, since a higher lvl MA reduces the time for the quest.
Not true. In the winter quest, the scouting was mandatory. In the summer event, you could produce spells instead of scouting, and I was able to finish the quest line in time. In the winter event, scouting was mandatory, and I wasn't lucky.

I WOULD have been able to complete the winter event IF I had used spoilers, to time certain production and cut off how long they take.

And this is why I think it's bad design. It seems like you HAVE to use spoilers to be able to complete the event for certain player. And that's why it pisses me off. I cannot simply go with the flow and enjoy the event normally. If I want the buildings, I have to cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

sadly, it wasn't used all the time. single scouts were still single scouts, multiple scouts were scout or pop-quests.

still, this is a simple way to avoid frustrated players.

lika1961

We should be pleased, Inno is offering us an event, serving quests which fit most of the players timeframe and give as a bonus some special buildings :)

I don't quite agree with the view that we should be grateful for something which places some players at a disadvantage.

If you take the "produce xx spells" quest, it takes the same time for everyone. That is fair.
If you take the "scout a province" quest and it takes 6 hours for one player and 2 days for another, that means the player with the 2 day scouting time loses 4 days and that could conceivably mean that they can't complete the event. That is not fair.

That is apart from the fact that the player with the 2 day scouting time probably does not want to scout more provinces. There does not seem to be any merit in repeating the reasons for this, but that does not make them less valid.

I like the events. The graphics are fabulous, the buildings give good benefits and it creates some excitement, which is always welcome. I appreciate the fact that it is not easy to come up with new quests, but that does not mean that you shouldn't try. Honestly, if an event forces me to scout two or three more provinces, it does not seem like a good deal. If the buildings I could get exacerbate the issues we have with "over scouting" already, I will have to live without them.

I don't feel grateful for that.

SoggyShorts

@lika1961

its worth noting that players with 2 dayscouts should have huge cities, and therefor a huge advantage on quests like "produce 48h goods 10x"
since they could have room to build dozens of extra tier 1 buildings.

im not sure how well it balances against scout time, but there is some trade off.

the sweet spot for events is in the Goldilocks zone-that seems to be innos plan. if you scout really far, you get more expansions, but the penalty is long scouts. if you scout the bare minimum, you are very small, but have reduced costs and time.

DeletedUser736

@lika1961

its worth noting that players with 2 dayscouts should have huge cities, and therefor a huge advantage on quests like "produce 48h goods 10x"
since they could have room to build dozens of extra tier 1 buildings.

im not sure how well it balances against scout time, but there is some trade off.

the sweet spot for events is in the Goldilocks zone-that seems to be innos plan. if you scout really far, you get more expansions, but the penalty is long scouts. if you scout the bare minimum, you are very small, but have reduced costs and time.

I have to strongly disagree with that. Unless you have a very very young city, you can easily build in a matter of minutes level1 buildings that will allow you to produce what you need quicker. Having a huge city is not an advantage in that regard.

DeletedUser1657

If you take the "scout a province" quest and it takes 6 hours for one player and 2 days for another, that means the player with the 2 day scouting time loses 4 days and that could conceivably mean that they can't complete the event. That is not fair.

That is apart from the fact that the player with the 2 day scouting time probably does not want to scout more provinces.

This issue is quite complex as there are people who are knowingly pushing into this area, those who are past the GZ and waiting and those past the GZ and still scouting. As Soggy mentioned the events are geared towards those in the GZ.

At one point some of the scout quests had "or have 200 or more provinces" I think adding a requirement like this is a great option as it caters for those beyond the GZ. Effectively allowing for those past the GZ to come back to the GZ and still particiapte in events. Inno should be able to determine when those who were "too far out" at the time everything changed and when they should be "just right" and accommodate them with such a condition.

If they did this they could then remove the condition after X time frame. Any player still beyond that point would be there due to a choice to scout past the GZ. if they did this they should also let players know there will be this "honeymoon period" so they can make an informed choice on scouting approach.

SoggyShorts

I have to strongly disagree with that. Unless you have a very very young city, you can easily build in a matter of minutes level1 buildings that will allow you to produce what you need quicker. Having a huge city is not an advantage in that regard.
i found that my chapter 3_5 cities in the Gz did not have nearly as much space during winter event.
mMy chapter 6-7 that were just past the chest requirement were able to make double the extra levcl 1 workshops/goods.

If a player is way past the GZ , and has all expansions filled , then they are kinda screwed.
Then again, the only reason to get that big is rank, and if rank is your goal, then valentines buildings aren't great for you anyways....

Heymrdiedier

I agree it gets tedious as it is the same stuff, how much varied things can we do in a game like this? They can add some extra quests but they will likely be of a similar nature. I am glad so far there is no build x buildings, I find them some of the more annoying quests.

No.QuestReward
1Gain 1000 coins1 marble relic
2Buy 1 KP1 steel relic
3Produce beverages (5 min) 1 time1 plank relic
4Gain 1,000 supplies. Reward 1 KP1KP
5Produce simple tools (15 Mins) 2 times1 plank relic
6Gain 7,000 coins1 steel relic
7Spend 3 KP1 marble relic
8Scout 1 province1 KP, 1 Rune
9Gain 8 relics1 Magic M spell
10Solve 10 encounters, or buy 10 KP1 Crystal relic
11Produce 2 power of provision spell1 Scroll relic
12Produce basket of groceries 5 times and Advanced tools 10 tmes1 Silk relic
13produce Bread (1hr) 20 times1 ensorcelled Endowment
14Produce Toolbox (1 day) 7 times1 Silk relic
15Produce Beverages (5min) 99 times1 Scroll relic
16Scout 1 province1 Crystal relic
17Produce (T1 boost 3hr) 8 times and (T1 boost 9hr) 3 times1 KP
18Produce (T1 boost 9hr) 6 times and (T1 boost 1day) 2 times2 KP

Edit: Nice list of suggestions Galoyal.

my guess would be that quest 19 involves: tier1 boost 2days 1 time for quest 19 :)

lika1961

Then again, the only reason to get that big is rank, and if rank is your goal, then valentines buildings aren't great for you anyways

Nope. The reason my city is big, is because I have been playing for 2 years. I don't care about rank. At all. It is the result of what I do, not the reason for it. No player should be excluded from being able to get the event buildings - no matter the size of their city.

the sweet spot for events is in the Goldilocks zone-that seems to be innos plan

Ah, the Goldilocks zone. That zone that was invented after a significant number of players had gone way past the "just right" area. By just playing normally. Not communicated, just arbitrarily appearing one day. And we have been paying for it ever since.

I don't want to scout more provinces. Really. Inno seems to also feel that I shouldn't. So, the fact that I then find the "scout a province" quest clearly tells me that I should not take part in the event, right? Sorry, no fun or special buildings for you. Your city is too big. And it is your own fault.

Nope, still not feeling grateful.

DeletedUser1657

my guess would be that quest 19 involves: tier1 boost 2days 1 time for quest 19 :)

Sure does, I premeditated it but not enough.

Produce (T1 boost 1 day) 5 times and (T1 boost 2 day) 3 times

Unsure what to guess at next, wonder if I should start building some low lvl goods factories, I just have no space for them. ;)

SoggyShorts

because I have been playing for 2 years. I don't care about rank. At all. It is the result of what I do, not the reason for it.
players in your particular situation have not been looked after at all. If you've been an active player for 2 years, you must have hit the end of the tech tree a few times,, which gave you exactly 2 options.
quit( at least for a while) or
keep playing
lucky for inno, you stuck around. Unfortunately for you, inno either didn't see that coming, or didn't care.

Heymrdiedier

Sure does, I premeditated it but not enough.

Produce (T1 boost 1 day) 5 times and (T1 boost 2 day) 3 times

Unsure what to guess at next, wonder if I should start building some low lvl goods factories, I just have no space for them. ;)
Ooh my guess would have been 4 times 1 day production and 1 time 2day production. so ill quickly add some tier 1s on beta now i guess.

20 is probably collect relics or power of provision spells ;)

DeletedUser1548

When I look at these quests I am more and more concerned... Prizes are so-so and time is really short.
In my main city scouting takes almost 3 days: 2x 3 days of scouting + 1 day for 2x PoP + 1 day workshop productions + 1 day T1 productions + 2 day T1 productions = 11 days already and other quests are not the type of "instant finish".

Without preparing all long productions = using spoilers = "cheating" I don't think I could do all quests.
Frankly, I think it still may be difficult... If I don't make it I will be a bit angry. Prizes for quests itself are worthless so we have only win-lose scenario here. That's not what I would expect.

DeletedUser607

preparation could also be done by starting the scout right at the beginning of the questline, and stockpiling PoPs in the MA, aswell as building some small workshops + tier 1 fabs, which have to work on 1 day and 2 day productions.

and hope, that this is enough. essentially, it's always the same tune...