• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

DeletedUser1882

I want to make a recommendation to change the Horse Puncher bit. Horse Kicker would be fine in my book, but seeing the fact that others are also wondering about this, I'm feeling it's best altered. Or change the animal or something (sheep puncher, goat puncher, cow puncher all seem to avoid my concern).

Why?

Because there's a very similar phrase which varies only in the animal which denotes a particular act of sexual violence. I wouldn't expect every American to recognize the phrase, let alone every English speaker, but because of how severely negative the denotation is, it might be worth changing. Sexual violence and Valentine's Day don't go together very well.

I do not know just how wide-spread the usage of this phrase is, and thus I don't know just how many folks might draw this connection. And since I don't know how many are going to draw the connection, I don't know how important this is, but if others are wondering about horse punchers, I might well not be the only one who would take this as a reference to sexual violence against women.

DeletedUser736

On the scouting topic, I did read real fast, and I do not want to beat on a dead horse. I agree with everything that has been said, but i'd like to add that a vast majority of player DO NOT read forums, and they don't even know they "are'nt supposed to scout anymore". In my fellowship, I'm about the only 1 in 19 who read the forum. By adding this scout quest, they do not punish peoples who went to far, they punish peoples who are clueless BECAUSE of them. Because IN GAME, there is no real way I can tell I am too far. Currently, I can scout to my heart content and I can negotiate every province I unlock. So beside reading the forum, how am I supposed I am not meant to do that.

I'd like to add too that EVEN IF I had stopped scouting, because I DO READ the forum, I would still be WAAAYYY to far, and I would still be punish by Inno, even if I listened to them.

WHICH I DON'T. I still scout as much as I can. Go ahead Inno. Continue to punish me for being a bad boy. Continue to punish peoples who did choose to rely on the wholesaler (and BTW, I am among thoses who totally don't care about the new wholesaler.) Continue to punish us.

My current neighbourg is full of dead cities, even if I have been moved. Seeing dead cities where the player barely played is'nt surprising. that person tried the game and did'nt like it. But I see alot of dead cities that reached the orcs before giving up. They must have been pissed as hell by recent changes because you usually do not give up on a game so easily when you have been playing long. Worse, I see quite a few dead cities of diamond spenders. There was one in my fellowship. She had lots of diamond cultural building, a builder's hut fully upgraded, and still gave up on the game.

Anyway. As I said we're beating on a dead horse here. I'm still going to play the game the way I like it. Inno does'nt care a single second about what we tell them, so why the (self censored) would I care when they tell me not to scout or not to use the wholsaler too much or anything else?

DeletedUser1681

Personally, as long as it isn't religious in nature (or not too religious) I'm cool with anything the devs come up with for an event...

also, I mean...easter is coming, that is a christian event sure...but but...easter bunny means easter eggs...who wants to miss out on those...be nice to our game devs, they try really hard to make the game fun and give us presents (that we have to work for, sure...) you wanna kill easter with this talk? :confused::mad:o_O
My thoughts exactly.
The devs did a nice job avoiding xmastime's religous side with the wintery twist and I'm relying them being able to do the same with easter. Although I made a remark about the easter egg hunt in another recent thread, I actually think it's just too good opportunity for a event to be missed.

DeletedUser1877

I'd love to hunt Easter Eggs (as applied to applications).

DeletedUser118

But this is a fantasy setting. We don't need human holidays or anything like that. It doesn't fit into the story you see.

Inno once asked us in a survey what kind of races we wanted to see and all those zombies and vampires and the like didn't really make it to the top. No wonder. They are not fitting into the fantasy setting of Elvenar.

I really don't mind events, they sure are alot of fun, but please avoid connecting them to the real world too much. This world needs fantasy no christmas, valentines day or easter. You have other games to put those things into.

DeletedUser1095

The theme of animal cruelty is highly objectionable. Implying that it's ever "fun" or attractive to hit animals or throw things at them is very wrong and needs changing, whether or not any of the terms used associate with sexual violence as well.

The reference to Valentines Day is ridiculous after the 2-month-late solstice established that Elvenar is on a different calendar than the outside world. Give the event the name of the Elven holiday and have it in March or April.

DeletedUser1665

Can somebody teach or show me how to make a spoiler button?

DeletedUser1877

[xspoiler]Text you want to hide[x/spoiler]

Text you want to hide

Remove the x's

DeletedUser283

apparently, they changed the protagonist's nickname from "horse pucher" to "horse beater"
well as long as the horse is dead, this guy can be a developer for InnoGames :p

DeletedUser1095

apparently, they changed the protagonist's nickname from "horse puncher" to "horse beater"

Inno: It's disgusting to portray cruelty to animals as fun, cute or in any way OK. Change the character's name and actions so that he's aggressive toward dungheaps, for example, or reflections, or bar-b-q pits. It's not okay to hurt animals.

DeletedUser1548

Inno: It's disgusting to portray cruelty to animals as fun, cute or in any way OK. Change the character's name and actions so that he's aggressive toward dungheaps, for example, or reflections, or bar-b-q pits. It's not okay to hurt animals.
It should not be taken so literally... Err... ;)
Still, joke is not very funny. As usual.

DeletedUser1596

Dear INNO guys,
please don't let yourselves get trolled by those so called animal protectors, fighters for any kind of equalities and other doubtful activists. >99% of all players are reasonable people. They don't get offended by character names. The rest.. well, they just seek attention. Don't bother yourselves with that.

[no animal was harmed in making of this post]

horse.gif

DeletedUser736

Dear INNO guys,
please don't let yourselves get trolled by those so called animal protectors, fighters for any kind of equalities and other doubtful activists. >99% of all players are reasonable people. They don't get offended by character names. The rest.. well, they just seek attention. Don't bother yourselves with that.

[no animal was harmed in making of this post]

View attachment 2030
Well, changing the name horse puncher to horse beater, don't worry, looks like Inno is the biggesst troll here :D

DeletedUser1163

Agreed! I just met Gaelagil, and her first dialogue to Burukbrak is hilarious. I hope they post a transcript of the whole thing on the Wiki (er eventually).

On the one hand, I guess I get why the prizes are mechanically overwhelming: if every single event had stronger buildings than the one before it, before long they'd be too strong. Honestly I thought the Hallowe'en buildings were overpowered, if anything. On the other hand, it is kind of a let down. It seems like they should more or less match the level of other events of that type. At least these are smaller. And pretty. I will probably build them regardless because of the pretty.

Orthogonally, one thing I really like about these events is that they leave behind clues as to which cities are active. That's useful for recruiting and deciding which neighbours to give NH to when pressed for time.

Why not call him the Horse Whisperer? That'll calm everyone down. Burukbrak is an Orc. Orcs are mean and like to punch things.