• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] The Solution: Player Movement

DeletedUser651

I never said it was good, just a fact and unavoidable.

But it isn't unavoidable. It is only unavoidable with the current system which is why I am against the current system. Bobbi came up with a bunch of ideas that aren't dependent on map placement. I am sure we have a lot of brilliant folks who play this game who could come up with many other great ideas. I've suggested making your supply bonus dependent on whether you visit the other player two days in a row, and not whether they visit you. This way it won't matter if your neighbors aren't actually visiting you....that eliminates the "activity" problem. For the trading issues. I like what Bobbi said. There are tons of solutions.

I bet if you go back to the first month this game was in existence you'd find a bunch of solutions....back when people were excited to give suggestions.

Brummbaer

It's silly,
a lot of players are crying: " No neigbors, no help".
After the placing the "Higher Level Player" on the free spaces I got only two times help within 3 days from the new players.
So why do these players wanted to be moved, when they do not perform help to others?

DeletedUser1513

It's silly,
After the placing the "Higher Level Player" on the free spaces I got only two times help within 3 days from the new players.
So why do these players wanted to be moved, when they do not perform help to others?
People that have not moved get no help from those goldmines, and even visiting them, only returns half of the coins you can get when it were new players.
Now the tournament is over, INNO still doesn't move the other players. Or did they move again only the players that marked theirselves not to move???

DeletedUser1513

Can you highlight what issues you are facing that prevent you to move extra players?
I hope you will be able to finish them all before the next tournament starts!

DeletedUser762

well I can tell you why its hard to move, because a lot of people have given up due to the introduction of a very silly orc race, people were giving up before, but now it is probably very hard to find anybody who still wants to play this game.

DeletedUser607

It's silly,

they wanted to receive help... that doesn't imply that they want to give help aswell. ;-)

DeletedUser118

They probably aren't used to give help anymore after living for such a long time inside a desert. :D

DeletedUser1513

So what do I see, moaning & bitching about the inactive's and lack of polishing, lack of trade, etc, on & on & on..........
I finally understand your post...
You are moved, and don't care about all the people that inno apparently don't care to move anymore...

DeletedUser607

essentially, that's quite a big problem

I have this neighbor. "he" (or she... because 2 letters and 2 digits don't allow any allocation of a gender, so let's just stick with a neutral he, because "it" is insulting) is a very active player from poland. he even tried to convince me to join his guild (well, he convinced me to leave mine, but join another guild). he is located south of my city, and while I am surrounded with newly relocated people, who are mostly very helpful (they like my goods, they give neighborly help), he is just 8 rings or so south (below) me, and he has a small area with new people (assuming that he sees a little bit beyond me).

so, while the game was very friendly to me... it's not friendly to him. he still has the same problems as before, leading to a situation where he is mostly stuck.

so my suggestion is: let's take monday as the scheduled relocation day. it's outside of the tournament-times, and during daytime, most players are at work. 1 hour, relocate >1000 players, done. and give them a hint a few days in advance, so that they stop sending out scouts, as they get stuck. ;-)

Now the tournament is over, INNO still doesn't move the other players. Or did they move again only the players that marked theirselves not to move???
We didn't move players this week because we want to fix the problems we found with the last move before we move more players. :)

so my suggestion is: let's take monday as the scheduled relocation day. it's outside of the tournament-times, and during daytime, most players are at work. 1 hour, relocate >1000 players, done. and give them a hint a few days in advance, so that they stop sending out scouts, as they get stuck. ;-)
The plan is to do it on Monday once we start doing it automatically, but not during the day (rather at night, when we have even fewer players online). But let us first get the player movement bugfree, before we start doing it automatically.

DeletedUser651

The plan is to do it on Monday once we start doing it automatically, but not during the day (rather at night, when we have even fewer players online).

Whose day and whose night? Or will it be done at different times on each server?

DeletedUser1513

We didn't move players this week because we want to fix the problems we found with the last move before we move more players. :)
I see and proabably noone is looking to the issues in a simple sorting algoritm at this moment, because everyone is already busy with the new big bug-machine (battlesystem).

DeletedUser1513

Thank you for finally taking some time to move the others too.
I'm wondering:
- Are all now moved?
- I now moved from the desert, to the edge of the desert. where south of my city there are all coin mines, and inactives.
So to me it looks logical to expand rather North than South. Because it is better to get a helping hand than an inactive coin mine.
But I'm not really convinced that this the approach that INNO intended. So I'm wondering do I overlook something?

In the past there were too many situations where I thought I was following the best approach, when INNO screwed it up again...

DeletedUser651

I too got moved from the desert to the edge of the desert but for me the north half are all gold mines. I now have 79 gold mines around me and three totally blank spots that don't have a gold mine or a neighbor.

Are more players getting moved?

DeletedUser283

been moved today:cool:
edge of desert, gold mines and inactive (and some fairly active ones) to the south east:)
inactive/goldmines represent approx. 1/5th of discovered area, not bad !
plenty of neighbours, good market, all cultural buildings taken care of:D
2 hours to visit every one :confused:

oh ! and ... hello, Ophion :)

DeletedUser1681

so we are confident to take the player movement feature to Live worlds in the near future
Could you maybe when announcing movements starting in a "live world" state where the centerpoint in that world is ? In my local server I'm living in a nice and active neighbourhood, so is my friend, and we wouldn't really want to move. But it is quite hard to estimate how likely it is for neighbours to move (or rather be moved).

We can't do that, unfortunately. In general it should always be beneficial to move. If you don't, but the people around you do, you will still find yourself in a deserted area - which is exactly what we were trying to solve to begin with. ;)

DeletedUser283

just out of curiosity, I have been checking
-where I was compared to my older position
- easy : visiting a notorious inactive form my old neighbourhood allowed me to locate my former position, and then I just followed the arrow :p
I have been moved westwards and a little bit closer to the center; only are there many more of us there now :)

-where some of my fellows who were neighbours too have been moved to

-where some of my former active neighbours have been moved to

found out that it is a small world, after all :p
we are now very close to each other