• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] The Solution: Player Movement

We are currently still testing the feature on a relatively small scale (though results look very promissing!). Being limited in choosing the moments when to do these moves (no Tournament can be running, for example) slows us down a bit, but we'll get there. :)

DeletedUser1748

when is this going to be rolled out to winyandor and arendyll
in my arendyll game i have very few neighbours and though i am better off in winyandor i know that members of my fellowship have this problem

i benefitted greatly from the move in beta with more visits better trading and more rewards from tournaments

SoggyShorts

I have such mixed feelings about this. I'd love it on Wyn, but on khel I have 5 or 6 top 300 players that take every single trade I post =)
I just hope we all move towards the middle together-- I assume they have 300+ provinces cleared, so maybe I'll still be in range.

CrazyWizard

@Marindor

Ok I was just wondering,

Wil this feature just transfer active players from the outskirts to the center? or will it also transfer inactive players that are undeletable (diamonds or progress) to the outskirts?

If inactive undeletable players arent moved to the outskirts it wil be just a matter of time befoere the center wil grow old and die out (no active players anymore) which will result in a similar issue that resulted in the reason for this implementation.

Tho if that's the case please make sure the "inactive" flag is at least 6 weeks old, so that way a good long holiday wont result in your city to be transported into no mans land and you have to wait to where you are transported back, loosing all your precious neighbours you connected with.

Marindor

Yes, inactive players whose accounts don't get deleted, will indeed be moved to the outsides of the World Map as well. The current inactive flag is based on 4 weeks of totally not logging into your game. Even if you would be completely inactive for that long and get moved, a next movement round after you're active again, would transfer you back towards the center so it shouldn't be that much of a problem, I think. :)

DeletedUser651

I got moved once a long time ago and a full half of my neighbors are gold mines and nothing has altered since I was moved. Is this supposed to change? I even have spots that don't have gold mines and don't have neighbors either....they are still just blank spots. I'm not understanding what is supposed to be going on. I thought all the active cities were going to be in the middle?

DeletedUser651

upload_2016-11-4_1-16-47.png

Sorry, couldn't add this to that last post. Here is an example of a blank city. No coin, no neighbor.

DeletedUser1777

Yes, inactive players whose accounts don't get deleted, will indeed be moved to the outsides of the World Map as well.

That's quite interesting, as you didn't mention this fact in the announcements. Are you really moving players from the center to the outer rings or do you just plan this feature for future?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's quite interesting, as you didn't mention this fact in the announcements. Are you really moving players from the center to the outer rings or do you just plan this feature for future?
We are not doing this now. It is an idea that we could persue in the future, but there is nothing set in stone regarding that at this point whatsoever.

DeletedUser651

I looked around. I am on the outermost outskirt of the world map, and yet I am extremely active. So maybe the system isn't working correctly? I got moved TO the edge.

CrazyWizard

We are not doing this now. It is an idea that we could persue in the future, but there is nothing set in stone regarding that at this point whatsoever.

It's an idea you should persue, right now the center is already dying because it ain't there.
The problem is shifted from those who live in outer space to those who live in the center.

Every quitting player past a certain mark wont be replaced, every player who is dragged to the center and quits won't be replaced.

Soon we can call it "The desert of the dead"

for those living in zombie land, good luck,
Right now, I am at the perfect spot, so for now on my main I have disabled the flag preventing me from being dragged to that dreadfull place.

DeletedUser867

Here is an example of a blank city. No coin, no neighbor.
That sounds mighty like a bug.
  • Every third row will be a city row, and will ONLY have cities, so make certain that it should be a Goldmine or a City. I'm getting a different background pattern for my Goldmines, but there's no reason to believe that the patterns would all be the same.
Goldmines.png

Where is that goofy city sector in relation to your city, and I'll see what I can see.

DeletedUser651

That sounds mighty like a bug.
  • Every third row will be a city row, and will ONLY have cities, so make certain that it should be a Goldmine or a City. I'm getting a different background pattern for my Goldmines, but there's no reason to believe that the patterns would all be the same.
View attachment 1626

Where is that goofy city sector in relation to your city, and I'll see what I can see.

se of alf1971. I have another due east of Marceles.

DeletedUser1681

At some point, somewhere :rolleyes: there was a mention that the developers were looking at possibilities of moving in-actives further away towards the edges (at least that's how I like to remember it). I was going around doing my NH round and found another player who had deleted every building he/she possibly could. And there are those who haven't made a move in months but are still around for some reason etc etc. I'm getting my NH reward, but I have a feeling that trade in my neighbourhood is suffering from this.

So any developments in this regard ? Is it possible to move those people away and make room for (hopefully) more active people ?

DeletedUser2156

Hi. I joined to beta elvenar game several days ago.
This part of game isn't atractive bcoz so many inactive players. I think that I have only 1 active neighbor and the trader have several UFT trades from members who are very far on me. The FS can help, that's true but all us are new. I stay here bcoz I made a nice FS and I like to see the game's new events before others.
The inactive players make the game not atractive and so borred.
Here is many inactive players and very few players.
Maybe if you will move the active players in map in better places then the game can be better and more playes will stay here for play.
If this is a beta game (for try the new events) isn't better to have a many active players and few inactives?
Maybe the games rules about that (1) you will not delete the players who reached level 3 and (2) you will not delete the players who spend diamonds can be an exception here for a beta game rules.
I think that you can do exception general rules only for beta.
And about diamonds: if someone spend in game the free diamonds who he gave to start to game he/she will never be deleted! I think that isn't right for the members who spend cash for buy diamonds. I think that only the members who spend real money in game will not be deleted is a correct rule.

Last edited by a moderator: