• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Testing new forum plug-ins

All features have been enabled for all usergroups now. Closing the sidebar on the forum homepage will not be made available, as this breaks the forum lay-out completely. Should you find any problems, please let us know! :)

Hehe, yes, that may indeed be true. :p Though, we would still like to test the add-on before even considering using it on forums of (one of the) live version(s), and what better place for that than a Beta forum? It is not certain yet if the functionality will stay on this Beta forum after the test, but it may be used on other forums if the test proves successful.

DeletedUser

I've no understood what this plug-in is and where I find it...:confused:

DeletedUser283

simple :
go to the "report a bug" section of the forum;
then look just above the sub-forums ("confirmed issues", "fixed issues" and "archive")
there is a button "Hide Forums!"
when you click it, the 3 sub-forums collapse and disappear;
they can be brought back pressing the same button again (now labeled "display Forums!")

DeletedUser

Thank you very much, Philplessis: your explanation has been clearer than a professor one!!! ;)
I've tried to do that and it seems working correctly :)

DeletedUser205

whatever the benefit of this plugin could be - (the amount of threats isn't that overwelming for me as user, maybe it is wish of mods to get rid of bugreports in easy way?)

I have to report, that the startpage on tablet with puffin-browser now only in landscape is correct. Upright format the right side (members online now and all that stuff) is now down at the end of side (to scroll).
I know, that INNOGAMES decided to ignore tablets o_O, it seems my world is a little bit avantgarde, but I heard there are some other guys who use to use those funny flat toys :eek:, it's for sure a minority and no reason for INNO to put that on schedule :rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it on my tablet (in the Safari browser) and can confirm that part, Sorella. It is not due to the plug-in, though: with the plug-in disabled it still shows the same behavior, also on the other Elvenar forums. :)

DeletedUser205

@Muf-Muf Didn't have this till plug-in was enabled. (Although the right side didn't fit automatically, there was always sort of 1 cm cut out, I couldn't see the number of possible alerts. Workaround is to squeeze the side per a fingers a little bit. This is a problem on landscape too).

The only cause for that that I can think of, is the update of the forum software we performed yesterday (to XenForo 1.4.8), but that would be weird. The update to the new forum software was done within a couple of minutes from adding the ToggleMe plug-in.

DeletedUser594

Hi all, there seem to be a war going on : Flashplayer / HTML5..
Firefox and Chrome blocking websites using the Flaschplayer
and not updating anymore! That should give Inno among other
companies all sorts of problems because of their use of Flash..
On my internet travels I'm reading Spiegel everyday and the latest
issue is full of stories about Adobe Flash being unsafe etc...
Bet you there are a few Headaches at Inno what to do next!!By the way
Spiegel.de can be read in english as well if anybody wants to follow it up....

DeletedUser927

The new plug-in works fine even on my smartphone, but I can't see the usefulness yet

DeletedUser252

Yes, of course! Stupid me.
Was a little bit hopefull that the game might be on smartphone too. Is a bit to quick I think.

DeletedUser205

@myselfandi did you try puffin? that should work on smartphone with android too.
I use it on my iPad.
It's with integrated flashplayer.
As I remember, there was a free puffin app with advertisements.
I bought the payversion, because I use puffin very often for different games which need flashplayer.
Costs had been under 5 euro for the payversion.

DeletedUser927

@myselfandi I use puffin too, it works fine even on android, the free version has integrated flashplayer for 15 days as trial between 6:00 pm and 6:00 am (during the night...) , the pay version instead has no limits to the flashplayer, I bought it because I needed flashplayer on my phone and on android it is missing, and when I started playing Elvenar i tried andthe try was good, the only problem is the size of the screen... 4,5" is too little, but it's better than nothing.
The forum instead works fine on every browser I tried :p