• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Summer Solstice

DeletedUser1596

Hey guys, the event is almost over on our local server and I would like to ask you to rethink the distribution of prices for the next event. I have won 150pcs of useless meditation and a bunch of runes for sanctuary (so now I have full circle and another 94 spare runes for a building I will not build). Rocks#2 are intentionally out of reach.

I know, it's the way a game works, but a little bit of bad luck can ruin whole event.

And since I have almost unlimited supply of insp. meditation, you could make it stackable, so I don't have to reactivate everytime it runs out :)

DeletedUser1345

Build the wonder, and sell it immediately when it is done. Then you can break runes towards the wonders you do want.

DeletedUser1596

Ah, yes, that's a nice tip. I will use it in the future unless there's another way to deal with spare runes. But my point was that prices based purely on chance can be very disapointing. In this event you could win:

+- 500 RP = almost a level in wonder
enough moonshards to reach Rocks#2 (or #3)
+- 500 magical manuf. spell = thiiiis many free resources
+- 100 runes for Wonders that you need
+- 10 daily prices

So if you are lucky, the overall price could look like: Rocks#2, 5 daily prices, 20-30 useful runes and some RPs or spells. Or, if not lucky, you could get Rocks#1, 2 daily, and junk. And this gap between lucky and unlucky reward for completing the same event is what bothers me.

You see, I'm not anywhere near the top of the ladder, so I really don't feel damaged by this. Its just.. I really like those "blue trees" ;)

DeletedUser

I feel you. One of my fellowship mates got 4 Glossy Gardens, while I got so many Meditation Spells and Runes, I just gave up counting as it was too depressing. I too really wanted a blue tree - I'd probably have saved all my gold from the entire event just to buy that one. But when I didn't get it in my Chest, I wasn't about to pay $20 for another mere chance at it.

DeletedUser651

The one thing I think could be improved on for the next event is to either make the quests easier for the newer players, or make them easier for all if you can't program that. Having 200 scouted provinces is an instantly satisfied quest for the advanced players, but the corresponding quest to a newbie was quite difficult. I love that the buildings gave different amounts of bonuses depending on your level. Now I think the quests should be different to match.

Also, I think Inno could have made more money if they sold the items for a set price...maybe 3 times the cost of buying moon thingies chances, something like that? I know a lot of people who would have purchased these one of a kind items but weren't willing to gamble. I guess Inno will just have to look and see how many gamblers there are out there. But some price where if you take the chance and gamble three times and win that is cheaper than what it costs to buy it outright?

I hope there are more of these events. This one was a lot of fun.

Oh...and about the part where the devs put in quests for spells. Don't be jerks about it. You know a lot of people won't build that feckless magic academy. So don't be a jerk and require that people produce spells. That is just petty.

Maybe we can have some ability to trade things in the future? It was so very sad that some people won things that others couldn't.

DeletedUser

I've already written enough (or too much ;) ) about luck and the Solstice event...but I wanted to add one last thing.

This Event was a big deal. I think most of us [new to Inno] were pleasantly surprised by the calibre of the daily buildings. How great to see, for example, a Level VIII Glossy Garden, the equivalent of about 16 Princess Arwens! On live servers, this is about $15 - a really nice prize, and unexpected. Which is why I hate to be complaining...which also is why I can't help but complain.

The prizes are so good that random distribution is guaranteed to create ill will. Nothing is going to convince me that it's in the best interest of the game for one players to get $60 (four GGardens) while another gets $15 for the same participation level. And that's not an exceptional variation...consider the $ value of Rune Shards vs. Spells?

So, thank you for deciding to give away meaningful prizes. Please next time just award them in an equitable method. You'd be rewarding yourself with a 99% positive feedback.

DeletedUser1681

As an afterthought...

You should not include building upgrades into questlines in any event or anywhere in the game before you get your system to recognize that an upgrade is completed, and quest is accepted as finished... even if the player is not online at the time of complition.