• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Some strange developments...

DeletedUser338

I'm kind of confused too. Would we even have to build a portal for those guys? Or do we just open the gates, yell towards the marble/crystal provinces and tell them to come in? :p

DeletedUser503

If they are Orcs, I do not want them. Heartless, destructive, ugly, quarrelsome, they
will bring trouble. Probably in the form of huge BUGS.
Gnomes, I would welcome, delightful creatures.

DeletedUser867

Gnomes, I would welcome, delightful creatures.
Gnomes are all heels.
DwarfHeels.jpg

DeletedUser

I remember the poll asking "which race would you like to see next?". I shuddered when it included orcs as an option - thinking that perhaps quite a few casual players would pop off "yeah, man, orcs. duuuude..."

If it is indeed orcs, it seems they've already forgotten the parameters of having a +50% female demographic.

DeletedUser1627

You're right @Grace but that's the choice of the developpers. I think they should have to us something that we need us because an secret and forgotten bad force is going to ressurect so that's why we have to help the ancient races of elvenar, to be stronger against this force!
That will be really cool...
Making the fact that we have to help the race because... because. That's very strange and if it is right we should have the choice to ressurect this or this race and not this or this.

DeletedUser338

Tbh, orcs might be strange, but that poll back then also had 'angels' pretty high up. And I'd much rather have a bunch of ugly orcs than some weird angels in my city. Don't mix the mythical and the mystical.

DeletedUser

Orcs bring strife, competition, ego, temper...not to mention a foul stench. I pity the Forum moderators if it rubs off on players.

DeletedUser1627

I think you're hard with this new race... In France and Deutschland we are happy to see the orcs.
We've seen a part of the new buildings (made in orcs) and we love the tribal aspect.
Don't be so difficult! Some people complained of the flashy aspect of the fairies.
Does the elvenar community be happy someday?

DeletedUser118

I have to say I like the idea of having Orcs as our next guests. We've already had two of the "good" races now. I think its time for a "bad" one.

DeletedUser1627

Non it is sure that the new guest race is the orcs and only the orcs ^^

DeletedUser

Don't be so difficult! Some people complained of the flashy aspect of the fairies.
Does the elvenar community be happy someday?

Wouldn't it be great to have genuine cause to be happy?! But right now, being happy in Elvenar requires us to be grateful for mediocrity or worse.

We get "improvement" that result in net losses.
We get early Wonders to "help early players" that instead result in slowing their games
We get Tournaments that are not cooperative, and that increase the "pay-to-win" gap
We get Wonders where the Rune Shard process is so difficult that purchasing them becomes almost mandatory
We get lovely artwork - that's used as intermediate levels, while the flashy/nauseous versions are the final versions per race.
We get fighting that never really stops being buggy.

They try to explain and make justifications, but their efforts are increasingly transparent. For example, on the recent FB Q&A, Timon responds that losing 1-3 KP isn't a big deal (which happens if you lose hourly KP because a Wonder award arrives). He just shrugs his shoulders, and makes it clear that a small amount of KP is an insignificant loss. Great! let's follow your suggestion: We will all be happy players and believe Timon - 3KP is next to nothing. Then we will put on our bipolar hat ( still happy, of course) and build an entire L15 Wonder where the "big" reward is 3KP per day. Because "playing happily" in Elvenar means believing anything they say, regardless how contradictory it is. We can easily believe that it's nothing to lose 3KP, but it's great to work hard to gain 3KP.

It's not like this is an isolated example. Even though we want to play happily, it doesn't seem that Inno knows how to create a satisfied, excited consumer base.

DeletedUser1627

InnoGames make they players happy with esthetical pleasure! That's the only way where they are good.
For me i'm satisfied about that.
I know that I can wait anything else so I stay happy for nothing as children :)

DeletedUser1345

Losing the KP is not a big deal to me either. I contribute to wonders to get the runes, the KP are just gravy.
I can't help but wonder if the randomness of new relics is really random though. I did provinces 7/8, waiting to see if one of the new wonders was one I would want to build. After the last update, I decided the needle might be worthwhile and did the research. Got the runes, first 10 were half monestary and half mountain hall runes. Got one bulwark rune next, now last day of tournament and I am only getting monestary and mountain halls again.

Deleted User - 16636

Why should we care or want another guest race when the Devs cant get everything from the current age working.

DeletedUser118

Cuz ppl would be getting bored if no new content was added, no matter if there are bugs in the old stuff or not.

DeletedUser867

Timon indicated quite clearly that they put the Flying Unit off to the side for a bit, because they were a lot more complicated than anybody anticipated, so that they could focus on rolling out the next chapter.