• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.5

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our latest game update to version 1.5. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1250

Maybe I was reading too fast and missed it in the release notes, but the timers of the finished provinces in the tournament are set to 16 hours. I think that is good.

DeletedUser

Yes, i agree, it is a definitely a step in the right direction. Hurray!

CrazyWizard

Wasn't it a better option to extend the tournament instead of reducing the time?

Its becomming a housewife/unemployed game now. those who work cant complete the tournament in time since it requires resets during work hours.
please go back to 20 hours and extend it by a day instead. same effect but allowd those who work and cant use the internet to compete as well.

DeletedUser629

Extending it would give players less time to replenish their army until the next tourney starts, and it´s already pretty hard to fight in provinces and the tourney. Yes, working people like myself will have a small disadvantage over those who can play more often, but since the goal is to get players online as often as possible, and give them a chance to win something without using diamonds(level 6 is now possible) this is an improvement in my opinion.

DeletedUser

one question please, if any of the mods knows how to answer, considering all the time zones in the international server, what time will the tournament start there?

DeletedUser338

Do you mean the EN server? The tournaments there will probably start at 20:00 GMT.

Also love it that we can now go to research/world map immediately.

DeletedUser

Thanks Lord Jirre, that's what i meant :)
And I agree that's pretty cool!

DeletedUser629

one question please, if any of the mods knows how to answer, considering all the time zones in the international server, what time will the tournament start there?

This is still unknown at this time. It could be 8pm GMT, but we can't confirm this 100% yet.

DeletedUser1231

To spend from 20 to 16 hours is a good news,:) but it is not sufficient to make the level 6 (except for the players connected permanently on the game.
Indeed to make the level 6 it is thus necessary " to win one day of tournament " and for it would be necessary to make 2 tournament in the 1 only day.

That thus makes the first level at the 8 pm on Tuesdays, the second level in The 12 hours on Wednesdays, the third level at 6 am on Thursdays and the fourth at 10 pm on Thursday what allows then to make the fifth on Fridays and the sixth on Saturdays.
Knowing that it is necessary to fight in manual because the negotiations are too expensive and the automatic mode makes too many losses it is thus necessary to count at least the 1 hour of fight what thus makes finish Thursday evening at the 11 pm for Make the level 6.

In conclusion yes it is possible to make the level 6 but in the reality very few players are going to make him.

Pass from the 20 hours till the 16 hours allows to be less to gener by schedule but does not really allow to reach the level 6 except for the players who have no life in quoted to elvenar

I thus think that to pass at the 12 am shall really allow the largest number to make the level 6.

DeletedUser

Thanks Goryn, for the answer.

Benroq, while i agree with you, that only the most dedicated players will be able to open level 6, I think 16h is a nice compromise from Inno. Yes, 12h or even 14h would be better, but if Inno's plan was to make money by making players spend diamonds to open level 6, giving us 16h is a good compromise. This way, the truly dedicated players will be able to open it without spending diamonds, and players with less time can spend the diamonds to open it, and Inno will still make money out of it.
In the meanwhile, for less ambitious players, doing the other 5 levels will be more manageable with a 16h timer, especially for players in different time zones.

DeletedUser

Wasn't it a better option to extend the tournament instead of reducing the time?

Its becomming a housewife/unemployed game now. those who work cant complete the tournament in time since it requires resets during work hours.
please go back to 20 hours and extend it by a day instead. same effect but allowd those who work and cant use the internet to compete as well.

Yes, except that they should eliminate the timers entirely. From a practical point of view, 16 hours is the same as 20 hours for a working person.

Since this change doesn't affect an employed players' access to the game, it just feels like PR.

DeletedUser338

TBH, it makes sense for a game to reward the more active players. And I don't know what the rewards are for when you reach level 6, but I highly doubt it's gonna be a whole lot more amazing than when you reach level 5.

DeletedUser1250

@CoUsT
This was announced in the release notes of the first hotfix of version 1.1

Muf-Muf wrote there on march 9:
We have just installed a hotfix including the following changes:
  • The maximum city grid (space for expansions) has been increased to make space available for nine additional expansions

CrazyWizard

Extending it would give players less time to replenish their army until the next tourney starts, and it´s already pretty hard to fight in provinces and the tourney. Yes, working people like myself will have a small disadvantage over those who can play more often, but since the goal is to get players online as often as possible, and give them a chance to win something without using diamonds(level 6 is now possible) this is an improvement in my opinion.

Sorry, thats one of the dumbest answer I have ever heared in my life.

You still have / fight 6 levels in each province, by extending the time a tournament runs vs reducing it's respawn rate doesnt change a darn thing,
you dont magically fight a 7th level.
The only thing it changes are that tournaments up to level 6 arent only for those without "a life" so to speak. instead it will be for everyone.

you still use/waste/build the same amount of troops/goods in a week.

How is a player supposed to reach level 6 if he/she has obligations between 2am and 8pm? if you have "a life" somewhere in this timeframe, then you won't be able to make it. which means most players unless there unemployed or have some free time due holidays or so.

DeletedUser929

@CoUsT
This was announced in the release notes of the first hotfix of version 1.1

Muf-Muf wrote there on march 9:
We have just installed a hotfix including the following changes:
  • The maximum city grid (space for expansions) has been increased to make space available for nine additional expansions

Cool. Didn't know that for a whole month! Lol!

I knew they said somewhere they will expand it but didn't know they already did.

DeletedUser651

You still have / fight 6 levels in each province, by extending the time a tournament runs vs reducing it's respawn rate doesnt change a darn thing,
you dont magically fight a 7th level.
The only thing it changes are that tournaments up to level 6 arent only for those without "a life" so to speak. instead it will be for everyone.

From what people are reporting about level 5 the rewards are simply awful so all this may be moot anyway. No one will bother. I don't know what level 6 gives you. Maybe someone will find out.