• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.4 + Tournaments

DeletedUser408

yes i hope changes for active players occurs as it stands in my current tournement i only have 1 other player testign ti so we wil not reach checkpoints during the week before it resets :(

DeletedUser240

AYajZvB.png

I have 27 provinces unlocked, but can't see any other neighbours, also only 1 page shows with the first 8 no page 2 and 3 etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But this still not solve main problem. Even if we stop exodus, how much this speed up filling map? 10-20%? I don't think so. Why? Because you and owners don't take into account one very important thing. With tournament player have to decide what to do with their army. Conquer new provinces and lost army there or fight in tournament and sacrifice army there. Production is not from rubber and player don't have 2 or more Barracks to fill gaps in army lost in both activities. I am not sure if this aspect was raised.

Yes. This will result in disappointment when players can't pass their Gates for Research progress.

So many new options are being made available to low players! I think it will prove confusing to them, which may not be the encouragement Inno is hoping for.

We finally have something to do on a daily basis, which is very important. Personally, this is the content i've been waiting for the most :)

I'm all in favor of active play...but find it humorous that the first active play in this City Builder game is fighting. Post after post, I was rebuked with "...but you have to remember this is a city-builder game..." Now we get an entire new segment for fighting, but we can't get a lousy little 10x10 storage grid so we can play with re-designing our city?

And it's kosher for players to amass boosted Relics, thus inflating our production so we can purchase KP and buy every Wonder released...but somehow it wasn't kosher for players to decline quests in order to "amass" or "inflate".

Again, I'm in favor of the Tournaments in general...but the hypocrisy is just too delicious to overlook.

DeletedUser867

decline quests in order to "amass" or "inflate".
I tell you once, I tell you twice, I tell you thrice.

The problem with declinable quests was NOT the number of clicks, but rather that you could select the declinable quests infinitely many times, or at least until your eyes started to bleed. The problem was the infinite resource, NOT the Carpel Tunnel clicks.

There are a lot of Tournaments, a thousand or so encounters per week is reachable for an advanced player, but that's NOT really a very big number, and doing so would chew up a LOT of troops and/or goods, and they're no longer unlimited either.

DeletedUser629

AYajZvB.png

I have 27 provinces unlocked, but can't see any other neighbours, also only 1 page shows with the first 8 no page 2 and 3 etc...

You will have to click on the progress bar to see if any other neighbours are fighting in the same province. The page bug has been reported, and hopefully will be fixed soon.

DeletedUser199

I like the new feature, too. May be it needs some rebalancing, but the idea is great. Also think that integrating the fellowship in this feature would be a fantastic idea.

Just a few questions:

1. Can I see anywhere how many tournament points I have at the moment?

2. Can I see anywhere the actual ranking of all players?

3. Will there be a ranking available of all players at the end of the tournament?

All these informations wouls be very helpfull, especially as negotiation costs and losses are increasing considerably.

If I did all provinces possible I will be out of troops and resources within 1 or 2 weeks.

DeletedUser1549

It should mention the fellowship next to de player's name in my opinion.

DeletedUser283

I gave it a try ...
1. I had to chip out 40 KPs and some stuff to be allowed into the tournament (i understand it is a one-time fee :) )
it delayed my entry into this first tournament, but that is not important;
2. having only Friday evening and Saturday until 20:00 only allowed me to reach province 10 once
I will see what happens during next round
3. with so short a tournament, I could not retry early provinces (I would have had to pay diamonds for this, who do you think I am ? Donald frigging Trump ?)
4. it is quite intense regarding army consumption; I could not regenerate my golems to fight regular encounters (the ones that reward 1 KP for each fight and end up unlocking expansions); next round I will be less generous, and the tournament will only get the remaining; sorry dear neighbours, but I have priorities;

all in all, I wait for a complete tournament week to end to have a steadier opinion; for the moment I think it is fun, but not very rewarding, at least considering how it is shown in those various tables I fail to understand.

and I would have preferred a tournament involving fellowship members rather than neighbours, because a player who is in a deserted neighbourhood can always try and join a good fellowship ;)

DeletedUser880

I briefly saw a report of my progress in Tournaments but having left the page I don't seem to be able to get back to it. It appeared that I had won some kind of treasure chest as part of my reward - where do I find this?

DeletedUser

I got the treasure chest thing as well, but when i clicked on it nothing happened and now i can't find it anywhere.

DeletedUser651

I simply loved this tournament. It is the most fun I have had on here in a long time. I'm terribly disappointed that I didn't get to do any level 4 tourneys, but I didn't get up in time. Maybe the next one.

It seems to me the tournaments are a way of tying everything together. They will make getting runes easier so the ancient wonders are now possible. They will provide endless relics so the magic academy might have a function now. And because you get your boosted runes back, building ancient wonders won't be a hindrance. It will also help you get through the tech tree with all those kp and again, they help you build the wonders so you don't have to choose between building a wonder and getting through tech.

For the folks that hate fighting, I think most of them hate it because fighting is impossible. But the fights in the tourneys are much easier. Plus, because you can fight so many of them with tiny numbers of troops, you can learn! If you only get one fight every 3 days, you can't learn anything because you forget it all by the time you get back to a fight. I must have had over 100 fights this week! That's fabulous! People can save their troops for the boosted relic tournaments they want and then go nuts!

But, even if you never want to pick up a sword, negotiating costs are low enough that you can get through a lot that way.

I also love that this may be a way for neighbors to interact with each other! I have even been messaging people in my neighborhood this week! And I barely have any neighbors! I can't imagine what it will be like when I do! The only thing that was sad was that I couldn't do a lot of tournaments with one neighbor I really wanted to because she was on the edge of my map and the tournaments over there were super expensive for me. I wish I could pick which tourney I did in which order. Oh, I am fine with them getting progressively harder, but I just want to be able to do them in pattern which suits me. But that might be too hard to program I don't know.

Overall, I think this has been incredibly successful. Once the bugs get fixed, this will be a great addition. I just hope we get to test it out a little over here so that if there are any huge balancing issues we can smoke them out before it goes live in case anything needs tweaking.

Also....we really need to understand how the rewards are figured. Some people are getting vastly different rewards.

Kudos to all!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1278

Oke very nice thing to spend time when your waiting for three days for opening the next province.
Getting this round many marmer relics butt that will nott impress me to build that useless magical building. on my account dutch world
there is nothing to make there. i dont even use it here its a waist of space ..but after that.

Now we finish the fairies.and can spend the kp in our new wonder building . butt wait lets dont do that we have neighbours.
so every week we have a hundred free kp the easy way so week after week waiting for the new guest for our island1 month 2 3 4 months
and we have a 1000 free kp
Are you koekiloeki first you destroy the joy in the game with not putting a max to the snails for people who will not spend that kind of many its inpossible to get close to the big money spenders great idea many players i now will not spend money anymore.

then you try to push the magical building in all our faces even its useless for big players.
And now you give free kp with hundreds a week away
Still you dont see your destroying the game then i say duhhh get a haircut
wake up:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DeletedUser

Having now seen that the tournaments won't run the full week, but only half a week, the earlier advice that it is possible to do all 6 levels with time (and not buying with diamonds) is totally BS. The 5 x 20 hours of waiting simply doesn't work in 4 days, let alone leaving time for playing the tournaments.

Cut that waiting time (and perhaps reduce the wait to start the next tournament). It should probably be staggered (like 2 hours, then 6, 10, 14, 18, 20 hours) but perhaps 12 hours would be more reasonable.

Very few of my neighbours participated, but we'll see what happens next time.

DeletedUser629

Oke very nice thing to spend time when your waiting for three days for opening the next province.
Getting this round many marmer relics butt that will nott impress me to build that useless magical building. on my account dutch world
there is nothing to make there. i dont even use it here its a waist of space ..but after that.

Now we finish the fairies.and can spend the kp in our new wonder building . butt wait lets dont do that we have neighbours.
so every week we have a hundred free kp the easy way so week after week waiting for the new guest for our island1 month 2 3 4 months
and we have a 1000 free kp
Are you koekiloeki first you destroy the joy in the game with not putting a max to the snails for people who will not spend that kind of many its inpossible to get close to the big money spenders great idea many players i now will not spend money anymore.

then you try to push the magical building in all our faces even its useless for big players.
And now you give free kp with hundreds a week away
Still you dont see your destroying the game then i say duhhh get a haircut
wake up:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Apparently, you don't see the bigger picture here. To have a successful game you need lots of players. Both the academy and the tournaments are available at the early stages of the game, thus giving new players the opportunity to build a building that will have spells which will increase their goods/supplies income, goods that are needed during the tournaments, supplies that are needed to build an army players can use in those tournaments. To make those spells, players need relics. Relics can be won by completing tournament provinces. Players will also be able to win lots of kp, this will help them advance in the research tree a lot faster so they won't have to wait that long to research new technologies. In other words, they will always have something to do, and won't get bored as easily as most of us did. The academy is also useful for advanced players as fairy buildings are expensive to upgrade, especially when it comes to supplies, and we will see more spells in the future.

So we are not destroying the game, we are doing the exact opposite.

DeletedUser

Goryn, what's up with the tournament duration? If the next one only starts next Tuesday, is it going to last until the following Monday, or is it going to be less than 1 week afterall?
Also, is there any news regarding the disparity of the rewards players got when doing similar provinces (same level, same number)?

DeletedUser629

Goryn, what's up with the tournament duration? If the next one only starts next Tuesday, is it going to last until the following Monday, or is it going to be less than 1 week afterall?
Also, is there any news regarding the disparity of the rewards players got when doing similar provinces (same level, same number)?

Players should be able to complete all 6 levels without using diamonds. If the next tournament also ends on Saturday, we should have a look at that. I do feel there should be a ''breathing period'' so players can collect more goods and replenish their armies a bit.

The reward issue is currently still under investigation. You can follow its progress here.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ards-for-each-encounter-are-not-correct.4790/

DeletedUser

I tell you once, I tell you twice, I tell you thrice.

The problem with declinable quests was NOT the number of clicks, but rather that you could select the declinable quests infinitely many times.....There are a lot of Tournaments, a thousand or so encounters per week is reachable for an advanced player, but that's NOT really a very big number, and doing so would chew up a LOT of troops and/or goods, and they're no longer unlimited either.

And once, twice, thrice you continue to miss the point.

Inno lured players into the game by allowing goals to be reached through active play. They provided for the realization of what you call unlimited resources - albeit via mindnumbing effort. Nevertheless, we put time and money into a game under the premise that active play was a means of forward progress.

Suddenly - poof! - goals can no longer be reached via active play. One has to wait and wait and wait or pay. It's a fundamental bait and switch. Perhaps those of you players (who are familiar with - and attracted to - games where waiting is fundamental) see this as a correction of an error on the part of Inno. Those of us new to these games, or less familiar, wouldn't have ever spent time / money in a game which technically we don't get to play when we want to.

Other massively-successful games are applying strategies that Inno determinedly shuts down. First, there should always be something to do when one logs onto a game. Period. Even if it's tedious or offers small reward, there should always be some play available. Second, they should re-think their policies about feeder cities / multiple accounts. Even if they kept the trading ratios pre-defined (which I seriously question), they should allow those fanatics among us to busy ourselves building little empires within a given world. It wouldn't hurt others, and our energies would be put into game building/promoting.

Elvenar - with its positive non-PvP focus - is far more akin to games like Hay Day than to PvP builder/fighter cousins. Inno hasn't adapted to the mentality of its market. I suspect they understand this - and it's one of the reasons for recent acquisition of the company specializing in mobile games.

How this relates to Tournaments - still, it's interesting that fighting is the selected method for offering more active play. Wouldn't we have loved to be a fly on the wall during that strategy meeting?