• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

CrazyWizard

I'm not sure skipping squad size would help. I believe the enemy squad is based on your farthest point of research, in which case skipping those upgrades would hurt rahter than help the player.

Maybe your not sure but we already comfirmed it, if you do ALL the squad size research your squads are about 50% larger than those who skip them all, so a person with a minimum researched squad size end up with like 50 or so en the one that researched all end up with a size of 75.

so the difference is huge.

DeletedUser

Maybe your not sure but we already comfirmed it, if you do ALL the squad size research your squads are about 50% larger than those who skip them all, so a person with a minimum researched squad size end up with like 50 or so en the one that researched all end up with a size of 75.

so the difference is huge.

Oke, but is the enemy squad size in the tournaments also a lot larger then? That's the question I would really like to see answered. If read all the posts here, but I'm starting to get very confused about this :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DeletedUser

enemy squad size is based on your squad size so yes it will increase
post from this thread
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ournaments-rebalancing.7523/page-8#post-46907
or you can read it in patch notes 1.18

@Dony thank you for the links. But that definitely means that if you researched all the squad size upgrades (which I did in my NL account) , it's actually going to hurt me now in the tournaments. With larger squad sizes I will have to train a lot more to keep up with the loses in the tournaments. But players who didn't researched everything, will need to train less, and therefore will need less supplies. This wil go on and on.... It starting to feel like a punishment for dutifully researching everything :(

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony thank you for the links. But that definitely means that if you researched all the squad size upgrades (which I did in my NL account) , it's actually going to hurt me now in the tournaments. With larger squad sizes I will have to train a lot more to keep up with the loses in the tournaments. But players who didn't researched everything, will need to train less, and therefore will need less supplies. This wil go on and on.... It starting to feel like a punishment for dutifully researching everything :(
yes thats what we are talking here already few pages

DeletedUser

@Dony Guess I'm having a blonde moment here (even though I'm red-headed ;))

But you referred to update 1.18 and I couldn't see what was different now, because I'm not in a FS here and therefore can't play tournaments

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony Guess I'm having a blonde moment here (even though I'm red-headed ;))

But you referred to update 1.18 and I couldn't see what was different now, because I'm not in a FS here and therefore can't play tournaments
actually nothing is different regarding enemy squad size, which is based on our own by percentage, in patch notes 1.18 it was announced by devs
but our squad size is changed with every province, you can check my chart 1 page back

CrazyWizard

Oke, but is the enemy squad size in the tournaments also a lot larger then? That's the question I would really like to see answered. If read all the posts here, but I'm starting to get very confused about this :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes thats what I was talking about.
Your base squad size in the tournament increades with 50%, the squadsizes you fight are base squad * round, so in prov 1 you fight x% of your base squad (depending on the round) , then in prov 2 you fight with 2x your base squad, in 3 3x your base aquad ect.

so the bigger your base squad is the bigger your troop (and your enemy)

Marindor

Hi guys,

About the Squad Size question (and other questions as well): We will also discuss these questions with our Game Team so we can give you a clear and correct answer on that. Please allow us some time for that though (expect a couple of days) since everyone is very busy. When we have more answers, we will let you know here :)

DeletedUser1741

Simple question.
It is really necessary for everyone to take participation in tournaments??? ))) Maybe it'll be the best answer for such changing? )))

DeletedUser1721

@Marindor what about asking the devs if there's any possibility for introducing the old tournament prizes as a stopgap until the changes which are supposed to make the new tournament prizes make sense are ready?

Heymrdiedier

@Marindor what about asking the devs if there's any possibility for introducing the old tournament prizes as a stopgap until the changes which are supposed to make the new tournament prizes make sense are ready?

Ok im gonna be making some enemies here, but i dont think the new prizes are bad.

Ok the kp is less, but that was bound to happen, in the old tournament you could easily get 200 kp, thats more then a week of hourly kps, in just a few days, way to much before, more balanced now (that last part i dont know yet untill it hits live)

The relics are about the same, and for hardcore tournament players you can even get more then before, ofcourse if you are hardcore tournament player you probably dont need more relics.

you can get spells now which is very handy for the newer players to help them grow faster.

if you do 6 provinces you get 1 rune shard every round, and 8 broken shards, thats less rune shards then before but most of those just end up as a broken shard anyway so in the end you end up with more. If you do more then 6 provinces, you just get more rune shards and broken rune shards.

lika1961

Ok im gonna be making some enemies here, but i dont think the new prizes are bad.

You need to consider that for long-time players who have already reached maximum production boosts, relics are not super important. KPs used to be the main reason some of us took part in tournament. For those who don't fight any more there doesn't seem to be much point in using large amounts of goods to get spells.

DeletedUser1548

It's quite funny to see how squad size calculation change backfired right now. ;)

Tournaments give now lots of spells, so maybe it's a part of the quest system change? Turning off 'rolling quests'? Would be great. It can be abused too easily right now.
And it would be very Inno-style to make a part of the change and then after few months the rest. ;)

DeletedUser1721

Ok the kp is less, but that was bound to happen, in the old tournament you could easily get 200 kp, thats more then a week of hourly kps, in just a few days, way to much before, more balanced now (that last part i dont know yet untill it hits live)

The relics are about the same, and for hardcore tournament players you can even get more then before, ofcourse if you are hardcore tournament player you probably dont need more relics.

you can get spells now which is very handy for the newer players to help them grow faster.

if you do 6 provinces you get 1 rune shard every round, and 8 broken shards, thats less rune shards then before but most of those just end up as a broken shard anyway so in the end you end up with more. If you do more then 6 provinces, you just get more rune shards and broken rune shards.
The relics aren't the same at all. One relic, as opposed to four or six!

Heymrdiedier

The relics aren't the same at all. One relic, as opposed to four or six!
ig you do 1 province you get 9 relics, it used to be 16
If you do 5 provinces you get 64 relics, it used to be 88
if you do 10 provinces you get 180 relics, it used to be 172
if you do 15 provinces you get 327 relics, it used to be 252

these are the numbers i come up with, assuming i didn make a counting error somewhere.

So i call this somewhat the same.

DeletedUser1767

Does anyone have the statistics for the average number of tournament provinces completed by a single player?

SoggyShorts

Does anyone have the statistics for the average number of tournament provinces completed by a single player?
@Mykan tracked a couple, and found that across 7 servers there were always less than 25 players on each that did more than 6 provinces.
This has probably gone up with initial enthusiasm for FS rewards, but will likely drop back down without the kp and relic incentives.
I would say that the total number of relics given out by the game will be drastically lower, even if the top 1% of players get the same or more than before as @Heymrdiedier has shown.
This may lead to a different balance for the next generation of players as they will be making 20-30% fewer goods than players that got their max boosts in the old tournaments.

Heymrdiedier

@Mykan tracked a couple, and found that across 7 servers there were always less than 25 players on each that did more than 6 provinces.
This has probably gone up with initial enthusiasm for FS rewards, but will likely drop back down without the kp and relic incentives.
I would say that the total number of relics given out by the game will be drastically lower, even if the top 1% of players get the same or more than before as @Heymrdiedier has shown.
This may lead to a different balance for the next generation of players as they will be making 20-30% fewer goods than players that got their max boosts in the old tournaments.

i dont think thats completely true, i think many more people did more then 6 provinces, but never got to do 6 star because of the cooldown. Many also stop at 4 star because 5 star only gave relics (which they have no use for) and if you cant do 6 star its not worth doing 5 if its not your bonusweek.
What Mykan tracked was the amount of people who got enough points to get the blueprint reward, this reflected more on 6 star players then on amount of provinces.

The amount of players that did 15 provinces, that is small, and i think will even be smaller when this update hits live because of the increasing squadsize.
The fact that less players will do high amount of provinces is another discussion tho then saying the rewards suck now.
In my opinion the rewards dont suck, just just wont be able to get the same amount because of a harder tournament. (albeit less time consuming since you have to stop sooner)