• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

DeletedUser1548

I also think new loading screens are worse and it's not about I liked previous ones and got used to them.
Elf is vulgar with her breasts almost popping out... Lots of fantasy games promote nudity but often pictures are more 'blurred' or poses are not so 'direct'. This image is too sharp and in the end it's just an example of bad taste.

Human loading screen? Well... This knight is more feminine that Elf. o_O Draw him a helmet, he'll look better. :)

Last time I was told ancient wonders won't get new appearances at levels 6/11/16 due to lack of time. I don't get it why you think new loading screens, new windows for chest rewards, new icons, etc. are more important than continuing core feature of this game: I upgrade, building starts looking different.
Not to mention messy situation where sometimes I get an avatar for building AW, sometimes it's picture in my city...

lika1961

1 small problem, most artists can't code and most coders aren't artists.
so I think it's not that smart to tell them to do the other persons job ;)

I think you have just solved the mystery of the design of the Woodelves buildings. The coders did it :p

It does seem like a waste of time to re-design start screens when there are so many building that could use some attention.

DeletedUser1095

The overlong neck, the inane smirk, the pillowy breasts, the garment that cannot possibly stay up, the uneven hips, the stubby little hands - please take her away. A thrilling landscape with some more buildings we'll never get and a few classy dragons, birds and trees would be thousands of times better.

Additionally, the "loading screen tips" are now very hard to read. They need a plain opaque background, not this semi-transparent-over-filligree jazz.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1721

The overlong neck, the inane smirk, the pillowy breasts, the garment that cannot possibly stay up, the uneven hips, the stubby little hands - please take her away. A thrilling landscape with some more buildings we'll never get and a few classy dragons, birds and trees would be thousands of times better.

Additionally, the "loading screen tips" are now very hard to read. They need a plain opaque background, not this semi-transparent-over-filligree jazz.
Eh, if it's got enough metal in it, that outfit will actually stay up. That, or something tacky to hold it to her skin. But all the other problems, I agree with.

Heymrdiedier

i suggest you google Evony games and click on the images tab. Theres far worse loading screens in that game then what you see on beta now :)

DeletedUser1767

THIS. It just doesn't look like an official loading screen now. The tips are hard to read, and the thing is too big, and it has a weird insubstantial quality to it that doesn't seem official somehow. I wasn't a fan of the old loading screen, and especially not of the glassy-eyed, possibly-high elf woman with the ridiculous schoolboy armour, but it had a sort of official solidity to it that is completely absent from the new one.

I will say, though, that I'm surprised people think the new dress is inappropriate? The old elf woman was wearing some armour-like thing that left all her vital organs and several major blood vessels completely exposed but protected her breasts; the new one is wearing something that shows her arms and some cleavage. By red-carpet standards, that's pretty pedestrian.

DeletedUser1721

I consider the new one to be more inappropriate because the old one was at least... anatomically humanoid in a way that makes her look alive. The new one has various anatomical errors that, all added together, make her look like someone decided "lol I'm going to draw a girl with balloon breasts and no one's going to care that I can't get anatomy right because balloon breasts, and I'm giving her a costume that shows the balloon breasts but manages to cover more of her body than the previous costume, so no one can complain about the balloons because it's technically less revealing!" To me, that feels more egregious than just the revealing costume the previous elf was wearing on an anatomically correct body.

The neckline also draws attention to the fact that her neck is extremely long, because it's so low, and she isn't wearing any form of jewelry higher up on the neck that would break up that line. This is something that actual women with longer than usual necks do, because high collars, chokers, and other similar things look good on them, when they don't look good on women with shorter necks. This elf woman has an even longer neck than ordinary long necked woman, therefore, she needs some form of choker or high collar even more.

Breasts shouldn't LOOK like spheres glued onto a woman's chest... Because they don't in real life, unless the woman got severe surgery to make them look like that >_>

Also as further clothing details go, the design of the bodice and skirt of her outfit draws attention to the fact that they gave her absolutely no definition to her waist and hips. It's a straight line all the way down. Most women have at least some form of curves there. Generally, women who have hardly any waist wear high waisted, empire type dresses, when they're wearing a dress at all, not dresses with detailing around the waist and hips that's meant to draw attention to the narrowness of one's waist, and the fullness of one's hips, when they don't HAVE the curves it's meant to draw the eyes to. A flapper dress would also work for this type of torso.

Her hands, at least, are not outside the possibility for realistic hands, as my hands are actually that tiny. However, they should probably be bigger nonetheless, because everyone who meets me and sees my hands comments on how I must have some deformity to make my hands that small.

And, finally, the shading looks... off. There are dark, DARK green shadows on the underside of her breasts, but then immediately under them, there are light green highlights on her waist. It's just not possible that light would be hitting her waist in those areas when the underside of her breasts is in such deep shadow. The artists need to pick one light source, and stick with it.

..... edit: another problem I have with this new loading screen image is the fact that pointing out the anatomy flaws in the image is causing me to go into a lot more depth about female anatomy than I am accustomed to going into on forums like this, and the fact that this is now on topic and relevant boggles my mind. I'm used to talking about anatomy and things with artist friends, where we're all girls, and use language that I'm now looking back and wondering if it's the best way to post feedback on here, due to how Inno has responded to feedback about questionable imagery and content in the past. How are we supposed to proceed with giving feedback about where the female elf's anatomy just looks wonky?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

..... edit: another problem I have with this new loading screen image is the fact that pointing out the anatomy flaws in the image is causing me to go into a lot more depth about female anatomy than I am accustomed to going into on forums like this, and the fact that this is now on topic and relevant boggles my mind. I'm used to talking about anatomy and things with artist friends, where we're all girls, and use language that I'm now looking back and wondering if it's the best way to post feedback on here, due to how Inno has responded to feedback about questionable imagery and content in the past. How are we supposed to proceed with giving feedback about where the female elf's anatomy just looks wonky?
Yeah idk. I absolutely agree, this elf woman doesn't look like she was drawn by someone who has ever seen actual women. She looks like a Frankenelf or something -- like, none of the individual parts makes any sense when considered next to any of the others? Like, the waist/hips thing soooort of works if you assume that the fabric of that dress is thick enough that it obscures the shape of what is underneath it and that she doesn't have a lot of curve there so that it is easily obscured, but then it's completely out of proportion with everything else we can see, because women with that shape would not have an upper torso that looks like that for multiple reasons. But I feel weird trying to dissect her over a public forum too. I wish they'd just bring the other one back.

DeletedUser1721

Yeah, I just editted my original post after thinking about it for half an hour, and.... the treetrunk torso they decided to give her would actually work if they'd given her a dress that's either high waisted, or no waist, but as it is, the dress they gave her looks horrible on her body type. Same thing with her horribly long neck, there are actual human women with necks like that, but they would absolutely never wear something with that neckline without something with a turtleneck over it. Different clothing would allow at least some of the errors to be interpreted as "normal and not errors" but as it is, the aspects of anatomy they chose to give her all do not fit with the clothing she is wearing.

Dhurrin

First: the new loading screens. Pretty, but sooooooo unelvish (and unhuman) looks like an alien to me. But I have 2 other problems with them. I find the text to be less visible, which is my main objection. The other objection is that it adds NOTHING to the game.
Once again a change that looks (kinda) nice in a weird way, but still no action at all on a lot of simple-to-implement, forwarded-to-the-devs-many-months-ago subjects that really would be helpful to players.

Improvement: always able to buy KP's, even when the bar is full. Excuse me, but how exactly is that an improvement? The point of not doing so is because the timer stops and gets reset to a full hour the moment the bar is full. So this only helps in doing what exactly?

Tourney changes: Less encounters/province is nice. The larger squads will keep the losses to probably the same level. I will also assume that the overall catering cost for the provinces will be the same: 4 encounters for double the original cost.
Adapting the points needed for the chest should increase tourney participation.

Adding shards that will allow to exceed the normal limit of 10...nice touch, but why not allow a stock of 20 (or more) shards anyway?

All in all I'm cautiously positive about the tourney changes, though I have the feeling that the negotiatingprices will be raised more than 2x / encounter, making it more expensive to cater overall, while the fighting is to become easier, turning this game more and more in just another fighting game.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

Improvement: always able to buy KP's, even when the bar is full. Excuse me, but how exactly is that an improvement? The point of not doing so is because the timer stops and gets reset to a full hour the moment the bar is full. So this only helps in doing what exactly?

Say you stuck in research and no wonder available to put kp in, and then you notice you have way too many coins and you allready bought too much from the wholesalesman so buying even more would make it even more expensive. Then you could buy the kp even if your bar is full.

I like this change and wanted to use it often. Like im emptying my houses but my kp bar is full. But my coin suplly is at max. Now i have to use the kp first, then buy more and then keep emptying. Now i can buy allready before using them and keep on collecting my houses.

DeletedUser1721

I don't have my tablet on me at the moment, and this computer doesn't have photoshop, so I can't do anything to show shading problems, but I redlined some of the worst anatomy problems. Don't really like what I did to make a higher collar, but there's a limit to what you can do with a mouse. Even moving the hand slightly over makes it look less small, because the way they drew her, her hand looks like it's resting on her hip but in actuality it's just... held next to her side with her fingers overlapping her hip like why would anyone stand like that? If you move it over so that her palm is actually on her hip, it looks so much better!

Attachments

• elfladyredlines.png
    elfladyredlines.png
    878.6 KB · Views: 338

Dhurrin

Say you stuck in research and no wonder available to put kp in, and then you notice you have way too many coins and you allready bought too much from the wholesalesman so buying even more would make it even more expensive. Then you could buy the kp even if your bar is full.

I like this change and wanted to use it often. Like im emptying my houses but my kp bar is full. But my coin suplly is at max. Now i have to use the kp first, then buy more and then keep emptying. Now i can buy allready before using them and keep on collecting my houses.

I often empty my houses and have to buy KP's. So I do, then I buy up to 9 KPs (though in my case often less at around 700.000 a piece) That will make it possible to empty the rest of my residences and I'll be nowhere near getting max again, but at least the timer for the next hourly KP still runs.

Actually, this doesn't really change anything, so I very much would have liked them to spend their programming time on suggestions that will actively help improve the game...and have been waiting for over 6 months now.

Elderflower

Yeah idk. I absolutely agree, this elf woman doesn't look like she was drawn by someone who has ever seen actual women. She looks like a Frankenelf or something -- like, none of the individual parts makes any sense when considered next to any of the others? Like, the waist/hips thing soooort of works if you assume that the fabric of that dress is thick enough that it obscures the shape of what is underneath it and that she doesn't have a lot of curve there so that it is easily obscured, but then it's completely out of proportion with everything else we can see, because women with that shape would not have an upper torso that looks like that for multiple reasons. But I feel weird trying to dissect her over a public forum too. I wish they'd just bring the other one back.
I think she should sue her plastic surgeon. Those implants are just so artificial looking, like a pair of teacups.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1513

Needing Orcs in the first province in tournaments for catering?
Lower players will love it, so you want to "ballance" the lower players out of the game?

DeletedUser607

I think, lower players will get catering demands based on their level.

I've seen that at a friends account (he started recently on a german server). he still caters with coins and supplies.

for the tournament itself: I don't know yet what to say.

pro: the 10th price looks a lot more achievable to me.

contra: larger squad sizes mean, that the losses will be higher.

broken shards as reward is actually an interesting idea...

DeletedUser1767

Well, I just started Dwarves and am not seeing any Orcs for catering, and I would say that the costs I'm currently seeing seem reasonable enough.

BUT my primary reaction to the changes so far is noooooo where are the relics???? Noooooooooooo.

With only three people in my fellowship so far participating, we've already sailed past the first chest, and I admit, the prizes for these chests look much better... but the prizes for individual provinces are so much less good now. I'm happy to see the additional of broken shards... but not at the expense of almost all relics.

DeletedUser1513

A lot more changed than anticipated... almost no KPs anymore...
Why is INNO always changing the fundamentals of their games?