• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

SoggyShorts

ive taken the time to put it in a spreadsheet.

feel free to compare the relic rewards yourselves:
View attachment 2330
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Personally I always went for 6 provinces 5 times while trying to max my boosts, so for me a 40% drop in relics would have hurt pretty bad, and that's assuming I could have done that many with the new costs(which is very doubtful since I nearly bankrupted myself every time a boost came around)
It's hard to guess how many relics I would have made up with FS rewards though, probably not many since I was always in start-up fellowships.

Marindor

Hi guys!

As promised, you can find some more answers on your feedback now in the opening post of this thread. Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us!

Deleted User - 60107

Why can't the points be cumulative instead of resetting? Many people have been misled by this until they realize it resets and then they have to calculate the true points for each level manually.
Because the progress bar would look terrible in that case. For the first few chests the progress bar would just fill a little bit while the later chests would fill it very quick. Game Design wise nothing is against changing it. It just needs a new UI then because the progress bar would not work. Suggestions for improvements are welcome, as always.
Well, how about the most obvious and easiest to implement solution: Simply have two progress bards instead of one. One bar for the total progress (needed to unlock all chests) and one for the current chest progress (needed to unlock the current chest). The second bar will reset with each chest, while the total bar will reset only at the begining of a tournament.

DeletedUser118

The ease for which spells can be obtained devalues the Magic Academy significantly along with reduced relics to fuel it. My MA sits idle a lot of the time which isn't a great use for it, even Timon said to delete inactive buildings for space in the recent Q&A. Are there plans to add value back to the MA or make it so we can delete it?
We are currently thinking about a new kind of inventory/spell system that includes the use of the Magic Academy. More news will follow when the plans are more concrete.

Please add to your considerations to have an inventory where we can put back in our won event buildings. They are often unique and cannot be recieved through any other way. It would be a great loss to see them go only cuz we need the space for something else.

Why exactly are the current prizes broken or "mediocre"? Players have said repeatedly that these "mediocre" prizes are more valuable to them and I am sure someone pointed out even the diamond prices reflect this. Will the need for KP for wonders devalue in that future update? As I don't see players value on KP lessening as long as the KP needs remain so high. It would be greatly appreciated if these reasons where explained a little more and the value of rewards.
As said earlier this week in response to your feedback: when we implemented those rewards we did it because we didn’t have the technical possibilities to give the rewards we wanted to give in the first place. Instead of postponing the whole tournament feature until about now (when we would be able to give the rewards we actually wanted to give), we decided to use the rewards that we used and gave them in high amounts, which harms the game now. Although it might not feel like it as a player, players get too much for their effort.

We know that players are used to the old tournament rewards. As usual sometimes we have to take stuff away to make the game ready for the future. Now we are able to use the rewards we wanted to give out and we do so.

You are hopefully aware that those KP were for most of us the only reason why we attended the tournaments? If you keep on giving us such low numbers it might end up with alot less players actually playing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1721

With reference to the comment that previously the devs gave the rewards in high amounts and that is hurting the game now, that.... is not what was told to us when the tournaments first came out.

The tournaments, when they first came out, were offered as an alternate source of KP and relics for those who don't want to scout so far out on the map, and when they released updates that ground world map progression to a halt, they even said that now we are supposed to rely on tournaments to get our relics.

To go from that, to replying to the comments that going from twelve to two relics in the tournaments is punitive by saying "we never wanted the tournaments to have those prizes in the first place" is... incredibly disorienting. Okay, since you were apparently never planning to have the tournaments be the main source of relics like you originally said, could you please un nerf the world map so players can negotiate and conquer provinces again?

Heymrdiedier

- “x percent of working population” instead of fixed number of population
- “x percent of required culture” instead of fix number of culture.
- “x percent of current squad size” instead of fix number of BLM units
- And a few more.

Does anyonee know what a BLM unit is? im clueless =)

Deleted User - 60107

Maybe Barracks Light Melee? Since there is an AW that gives Sword Acrobats/Storm Barbarians, and they are Light Melee from the Barracks.

CrazyWizard

Great, no good news about the AI, more like oh we will make it harder again.
No reply to my direct question.

TRY THE NEW AI ON MANY MAPS FOR ALL SAKES!!!

I am in no way interested in an even worse AI, just stop using it and revert back to the dumb one!!!!

example: this map was an autoloss due to the inability to compe with the map layout.
upload_2017-3-10_17-45-12.png

upload_2017-3-10_17-45-51.png

If the arrowed island is moved to the spot where I placed the 4 golems that map is automaticly an autoloss, even if at a fight you should not even able to loose if you wanted to the AI srews up and you'll loose.
I lost an autobattle agains 4 orc generals 1 mistwalker and a bandit or so at a map like that, with elite archers whose attack are boosted with 20% and a 15% higher defence than normal, there is no way you should loose that fight.

At the marble tournament there was a different layout that always failed. no matter what!

At other tournaments we have maps that are to blame (instead of the AI)

How will a player survive an autoloss if the squad sizes are 1500+ because of a annoying ridicule AI.

AT LEAST give us a map overvieuw (before fighting), so we can recognise the borked up AI maps and avoid them, or just scrap this ridicule AI.

DeletedUser1657

@Muf-Muf and @Marindor Thank you for the answers and insights. While I may not agree with everything I can at least understand better what is happening and it helps a lot.

Ashrem

Why can't the points be cumulative instead of resetting? Many people have been misled by this until they realize it resets and then they have to calculate the true points for each level manually.
Because the progress bar would look terrible in that case. For the first few chests the progress bar would just fill a little bit while the later chests would fill it very quick. Game Design wise nothing is against changing it. It just needs a new UI then because the progress bar would not work. Suggestions for improvements are welcome, as always.
I think there's room for a progress bar that is more logarithmic in appearance

A progress bar divided into 10 individual sections, with each section filling at approximately the same visual rate, but requiring more points to do so, might provide more useful feedback. It would look like a single bar visually, but programatically would be ten individual bars end-to-end

Dony

King of Bugs
when they introduced tournament back then and gave KPs as rewards i thought that the reason was to give newcomers some chance to catch up with old players, since old players are limited with settlements goods more then KP, with this change to previous state from before tournaments era newcomers will have it more harder to catch up which will make disparity between old and new players bigger then before

Heymrdiedier

Also, costs don’t “explode” as much as they did before – the costs increase way more gradually now. So especially the later levels are relatively cheaper.

What do you define as later level? because province 15 is pretty much unobtainable for most players now.
Ive taken the liberty to put the amounts of units used per province in a sheet, i assume the losses stay the same.
i never see a tipping point where the new tournament becomes cheaper then the old one.

If you did 15 provinces before (score 45k in old, a score you never saw) you can now only do 11 provinces with same losses.
Maybe the new wonders will give us a big fighting overweight, but somehow i doubt the combat wonders will become even better then they are now.

unitstourn.JPG

Dony

King of Bugs
What do you define as later level? because province 15 is pretty much unobtainable for most players now.
Ive taken the liberty to put the amounts of units used per province in a sheet, i assume the losses stay the same.
i never see a tipping point where the new tournament becomes cheaper then the old one.

If you did 15 provinces before (score 45k in old, a score you never saw) you can now only do 11 provinces with same losses.
Maybe the new wonders will give us a big fighting overweight, but somehow i doubt the combat wonders will become even better then they are now.

View attachment 2348
they meant negotiation costs, which will not be 100k+ per good per fight

Heymrdiedier

they meant negotiation costs, which will not be 100k+ per good per fight
indeed they wont be, and to be honest, im doubting to trash all my unit production and just go for goodds productions.
if i saw it right, it takes about 30k tier 1, 25k tier2, 35k tier3, and 350 orcs to buy off a whole province. and those numbers are about the same on 1 star or 6 star.

DeletedUser1095

The overlong neck, the inane smirk, the pillowy breasts, the garment that cannot possibly stay up, the uneven hips, the stubby little hands - please take her away. A thrilling landscape with some more buildings we'll never get and a few classy dragons, birds and trees would be thousands of times better.

Additionally, the "loading screen tips" are now very hard to read. They need a plain opaque background, not this semi-transparent-over-filligree jazz.

Dear Humans and Elves,
The "Did you know" block should get a darker background - Letters are too hard to read.
Thank you, done!

Not done, actually. Having a darker background doesn't help enough when it's still semi-transparent, forcing our eyes to struggle to separate the white letters from the white juju in the landscape. It hurts my eyes to the extent that I have to look away - not a great feature in a loading screen!

And please don't forget to eliminate that creature's hateful smirk. Thank you.

CrazyWizard

you have some errors there
round 2 from province 10+ all rewards are the same which means KP in every round
round 5 is 6 KP in every round
also i dont remmeber so many broken shards after 10+ provinces apart from round 6

Fixed. should be more accurate now. but will take till wednesday before I can start double checking it. since thats when the tourney starts.