• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.21

Elrondriel

The release notes for 1.20 announced:
  • You can now unlock the Orc Strategist, which is a Heavy Ranged unit that can be trained in the Training Grounds. The technology for this unit can be unlocked in the Orcs and Goblins chapter. The technology for this unit will remain optional until our next update.
  • In the Woodelves chapter, we have added technologies to unlock the Dryad and Drone Rider promotions, giving access to the Dryad II and Drone Rider II units respectively. These technologies will remain optional until our next update.

Now, with 1.21, these three units still seem to be optional. Will they become mandatory on 1.22 or will we see a hotfix in between ? Not that I want to see them get mandatory, just curious about the planning ...

Jaxom

Why am I no longer able to trade my boosted goods for Knowledge Points? These options are grayed out with "?" indicated.

Marindor

The release notes for 1.20 announced:

Now, with 1.21, these three units still seem to be optional. Will they become mandatory on 1.22 or will we see a hotfix in between ? Not that I want to see them get mandatory, just curious about the planning ...

Yes, they will become mandatory. Because it was not sure whether or not we would launch 1.21 as a seperate version or merge it with 1.22 , this alteration was moved to 1.22 to be sure we didn't break anything :)

Elrondriel

Yes, they will become mandatory. Because it was not sure whether or not we would launch 1.21 as a seperate version or merge it with 1.22 , this alteration was moved to 1.22 to be sure we didn't break anything :)

Thanks for the info, so this will also be applied same way on the live-servers ? Just one more question on the Orc Strategist: will only itself become mandatory or will the complete lower branch (starting with city expansion 33) be connected to the tech tree, making all 4 researches mandatory ???

DeletedUser1549

how will be possible to open the 10 reguards in the fellowship tournamente? we will need 440,000 points that is 17.500 media each of 25 members i don't see that happening.

DeletedUser1695

As one person noted in another thread it's something like 147 provinces in total to level 6. I once tool 20 provinces that far and with seven others giving an equal effort the rest barely has to do anything. If I play hard and fought manually I would assess I could do that with approx 10 provinces every week. If 14 in your fellowship can do that the rest doesn't need to put up that much effort to accomplish that goal. Shred equally it's a little less than 6 provinces per fellowshipmember to level 6. That's achievable if you have an active fellowship I think. A top price should after all not come cheap!

SoggyShorts

@skolehaven
In the planks tournament that just ended 28 players across 7 servers did 6 or more provinces all 6 times. That's it, 28. Good luck getting 25 together on one server let alone in the same fellowship.

DeletedUser1695

Yea well I see less activity in the tournament than usual. At least on dk... people are most likely saving up

DeletedUser1767

On US Arendyll, I did only five provinces to level six, and finished with 15140 TP, which was enough to get me eighth overall. This is about average for me in boost-tournament weeks, both in terms of TP and in terms of where I finished (usually seventh or eighth), so if people are saving up, they're not obviously saving up in ways that change the top 20 very much. Conceivably the top few would have invested even more heavily had they not been saving and been even more dominating, but.

DeletedUser1075

The tournament change is a wash for me. The prizes are okay but not quite good enough to be truly motivating to the entire fellowship, and it is becoming very apparent that there is no way for even an active FS to win the top tier without extreme effort (if at all). Although, I'm very unclear why I should bother winning the top tier since so far the only information we have on the blueprint is that it is only useful to players who buy some of the diamond buildings.

I'm not thrilled with all the bugs in this one, there do seem to be more than usual that are impacting play.

I agree that the focus on adding more and more fighting unit types is baffling. Is the focus of the game switching to fighting instead of city building?

DeletedUser1695

I'm not thrilled with all the bugs in this one, there do seem to be more than usual that are impacting play.

I agree that the focus on adding more and more fighting unit types is baffling. Is the focus of the game switching to fighting instead of city building?

I don't think anyone finds it fun with a lot of bugs. That's why they need to be squashed out :)

As far as I remember both the mercenary camp and the training grounds is intended to have 5 different units one of each unit type. That's 30 unit additions for those buildings alone as they all have 3 levels. Only adding one, two or three will make them appear over a long period of time and that area really needed some love. But yes that area is miles ahead of a lot of other areas but still far from finished...

DeletedUser283

it would be nice if we could get a fix for the builder bonus bug;
on the other end, as bonuses are never used, nobody has to motivate my builders and my culture bonus is great, but I would like to build slightly faster nonetheless :)

Heymrdiedier

is it just me? im allready wondering what 1.22 will bring. I think new guestrace is bound to come soon, but next wednesday is too early, they will at least want to have an innogamestv episode about it. so maybe 1.23 :)

Maybe its just that there werent many new things in 1.21 (after a 4 week period) that makes me think the next update must be something big :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

Well, something the next update should definitely include are alot of bug fixes, seeing how many bugs are currently around. The last update already was a good start.

Marindor

Maybe its just that there werent many new things in 1.21 (after a 4 week period) that makes me think the next update must be something big :)

Don't forget that we had the Christmas holidays and New Year as well, which is about a 2-weeks holiday period around here mostly :p But, different new things are in preparation at the moment. Don't know if they will be in 1.22 yet though, we will have to wait for more news on that :D

ophion

Don't forget that we had the Christmas holidays and New Year as well, which is about a 2-weeks holiday period around here mostly :p But, different new things are in preparation at the moment. Don't know if they will be in 1.22 yet though, we will have to wait for more news on that :D
Let us all pray that the next update has nothing to do with battles, tournaments, new battle units or anything remotely resembling any of them. Please give us something that we're all craving for here in Elvenar...some peace from warfare and a return to city building. Most of my FS members are totally fed up with the way this game has gone and miss the old days when we could enjoy and move on in the game without having to fight something or build battle units continually.
Just 1 update without any mention of battles or requiring us to upgrade units will be a refreshing and most welcome change.
In fact...a new guest race that abhors warfare and requires us to get rid of all our military would be cool.:))

DeletedUser1596

Don't forget that we had the Christmas holidays and New Year as well, which is about a 2-weeks holiday period around here mostly :p

Holidays were well deserved, but what happened after is troubling us. The last update on our local server brouhgt so many bugs. First, what's the purpose in runnig a beta-server, when all the flaws are spoiling the game on live servers? And second, mistakes happen, that's ok, but it's been over a week since those bugs were implemented on live servers and this prevent players from producing units or participating in tournaments...
A week to find out and repair what has been broken or to rollback the last changes. And no, a team of developers cannot work hard on a bug with no results in 7 days.

In my humble opinion, a new race can wait, a new unit can wait, a new whatever can wait, but a superbug should be a top priority. And honestly, I'd give up the Tower of the Winter King just to be able to participate in tournament again (talking about buff/debuff bug).

Heymrdiedier

the producing units bugs is a result of a bug i posted 2 months ago, but they said they could not reproduce. You can work around it by training at 90% of capacity instead of 100%.

Tournament this week is actually a lot easier because of a bug they introduced, the debuffs arent working so now the enemy sorceresses arent so overpowered anymore.