• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.19

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.19.

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Deleted User - 60107

What's with the huge numbers in unit info? Are we now being shown info per squad on the battle field rather then per unit, like before?

Also, the Dryad seems quite useless. A squad of Elven Archer II (a unit unlocked in Chapter II) has the same minimum damage and slightly worse maximum damage, however, the Archers have more HP and slightly higher Initiative.

Heymrdiedier

can anyone show the stats of Dryad, Mist walkers and orc Deserters?
I cant find them in any of my provincies yet :)
Can you also tell in what kind of province you found them, just to know what units get replaced by wich when it gets harder.

Deleted User - 60107

Dryad:
Dryad.png
Bonuses:
-30% damage taken from Mages
+50% damage versus Heavy Melee
-70% damage taken from Heavy Melee

DeletedUser283

note that it is only the " 1 star" version ;) (level 1)
the level 1 cerberus is not very good either, but the cerberus III is quite fine :)

Heymrdiedier

Dryad:
View attachment 1729
Bonuses:
-30% damage taken from Mages
+50% damage versus Heavy Melee
-70% damage taken from Heavy Melee

Thanks!

Also, the Dryad seems quite useless. A squad of Elven Archer II (a unit unlocked in Chapter II) has the same minimum damage and slightly worse maximum damage, however, the Archers have more HP and slightly higher Initiative.

Actually it seems to me that the dryad is more usefull then a normal archer in higher end tournaments when we are outnumbered.
normal archer has only -50% damage from heavy melee. This dryad will live longer when the fight is mages and heavy melee.

Of course -damage on heavy melee shouldnt matter much as you are supposed to never be hit by melee with a ranged unit :)

I cant tell if this unit has strikeback from the new ui, does it? the ranged has it but the normal archer doesnt

DeletedUser1548

Is this the end of 'The Battle Redesign'?
We supposed to have 3 packages but it seems we got more? Or in more parts? Where are we in it?

This is the most boring update so far, IMO. ;)

Deleted User - 60107

note that it is only the " 1 star" version ;) (level 1)
the level 1 cerberus is not very good either, but the cerberus III is quite fine :)
The Dryad is a Chapter IV (FOUR) unit. We get the 3-star version of the Archer in Dwarves (Chapter VI). So unless we get her first upgrade in Chapter V she will remain mostly useless for a few chapters. My guess is that her first upgrade will be in Fairies.

I cant tell if this unit has strikeback from the new ui, does it? the ranged has it but the normal archer doesnt
No Strikeback for the Dryad. Also, the difference in HP between a squad of Elven Archer II and a squad of Dryad I is ~2200 HP in favor of the Archers. I don't think the extra defense makes up for that...

Is this the end of 'The Battle Redesign'?
We supposed to have 3 packages but it seems we got more? Or in more parts? Where are we in it?

This is the most boring update so far, IMO. ;)
Seems like the "three parts" were split into multiple smaller parts. We have many more left, seeing as we are supposed to get a total of 15 units (5 units per training building).

Dony

King of Bugs
poison dryad (level 3) has 35-43 damage, 97 hp, squad size 2, 90% inc damage to heavy melee, -80% red from heavy melee, -40% red from mages and -30% debuff on enemy doing less dmg

but as a surprise we will have new mage Banshee with debuff on lvl 1 with -50% enemy defense and level 3 has -40% reduced damage which makes it incredibly strong unit (things can change till release tho)

Heymrdiedier

poison dryad (level 3) has 35-43 damage, 97 hp, squad size 2, 90% inc damage to heavy melee, -80% red from heavy melee, -40% red from mages and -30% debuff on enemy doing less dmg

but as a surprise we will have new mage Banshee with debuff on lvl 1 with -50% enemy defense and level 3 has -40% reduced damage which makes it incredibly strong unit (things can change till release tho)
dryad lvl 3 is a long way from now if you look how long it takes now. 1 new unit (or upgrade) every 2 weeks, with still 5 more units to be added, that means 10 weeks till we have all new units at 1 star. then the upgrading start for the 9 new units: 18 weeks. then the dryad is the 5the new unit to be added so another 10 weeks. so i expect dryad 3 not earlier then 38 weeks from now :) 40 if you add the extra 2 weeks till they go to live server.

DeletedUser1596

@Dony: a christmas event you say.. Then I would like to ask the devs to think about people who actually care, how their city looks. Please, not another wonka tent, candy shop, or some merry-shiny-flashy christmas tree. Something in elvenar style would be nice.

..but the question is, do they even read these forums?..

DeletedUser1767

@Dony: a christmas event you say.. Then I would like to ask the devs to think about people who actually care, how their city looks. Please, not another wonka tent, candy shop, or some merry-shiny-flashy christmas tree. Something in elvenar style would be nice.
Agreed, and I would add to this "people who don't celebrate Christmas." They could do something pretty involving evergreen trees (but something subtle, not with flashing lights); that would have a nod to the season without being out of character with the game setting, and it wouldn't look weird once it was no longer seasonal, and it would fit right in with the other tree-related culture buildings.

DeletedUser1681

Agreed, and I would add to this "people who don't celebrate Christmas." They could do something pretty involving evergreen trees (but something subtle, not with flashing lights); that would have a nod to the season without being out of character with the game setting, and it wouldn't look weird once it was no longer seasonal, and it would fit right in with the other tree-related culture buildings.
Yeah, actually now is the time when we see if they have taken this into account - this issue was brought up when players tried to make the wonka tent fit into their elven cities.

But I suspect it will be something very xmas-like anyhow - in most games whatever they're about it is about "flashing lights" etc. As a sidenote developers being european for them the american practise of being "pc" (seasons greetings) and taking other cultures or points of view not celebrating xmas into their plans is not topmost in their minds. This is just my view ofc. but having played browser games mostly developed by europeans (germans actually) it's all about Santa, elves (not the Elvenar type), presents etc. not to mention the xmas tree (gigantic main prize perhaps).

Anyways chance for a change is for next year maybe. If event should last 12 days like the last one it usually starts early in beta so that here it's closing when live servers get it - so any day now. Graphics (for this year) are probably set in stone already whenever it starts.

DeletedUser1767

One of the things I do really like about the event questlines is that you can pick up enough KP, relics, and rune shards that they're worth doing even if you don't want the final prize. So I'm still looking forward to the event, even though I fully anticipate that the grand prize will be something that, as a Jewish person, I won't be comfortable having in my cities.

That said, I'm not looking forward to it nearly as much as I am to the Winter Solstice event, assuming they have one. Maybe that one will have something with evergreen trees...

Buttrflwr

All these unit updates are great and fine, for those who can fight. For those of us who can only fight in tourneys...MEH. (I am talking about live server here, I can fight in Beta because I knew the rules ahead of time, DON'T SCOUT TOO FAR.) If you don't fix the battle snafu for your players, you can add eleventy billion new units with awesome buffs, it won't matter because we are outgunned and outmanned, no matter what. PLEASE address this, I have seen NO feedback to those of us that are still stuck, TRYING to catch up to our tech tree at slower than a snail's pace. I have not been able to fight and win a province battle since the update in October, and the same for many of us. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us you are working something out. :(
Thanks for listening. :)