• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

Heymrdiedier

I disagree.
1. What was the point to have 15 different units on our side when we use sorc in every composition? Now they are on par with other units.
Range nerf was inevitable and proposed on battle redesign thread and i am happy with that, you cant just look on your own units, you also facing enchantress which were most OP unit.
2. They are still good in certain situations, and thats what whole redesign is about.
3. debuff last 2 rounds, if not there is some bug involved somewhere
4. there is no-brainer strategy involved with OP units, you just take it all the time

I like this change and i hope it stays this way, it just fit together with whole system much better.

well it is comparing to the enchantress im doing. If you take 5 on 5 with equal size, i dont think a player can win. Enchantress debuff is much better then what we get.

Have you tried a crystal province/tournament since the changes? one that contains both heavy ranged and enchantress as enemy. Its almost impossible to win, your best choice would be to take the sorceress since it is neutral to the enemy enchantress and good against heavy ranged.
But the sorceress gets slaughtered.

1: we dont have 15 units on our side, we only have 6, all the non 3star units are useless compared to the others.
2: i agreed on that since the initial combat redesign, now with these 3 nerfs im not sure they are still valuable in marble or gems provinces.
3: new redigned tooltip says :'lasts: round' on live server. so maybe the tooltip is wrong. if i check beta now i see it lasts 2 rounds in tooltip there.
4: while this was true before battle redesign, there is no OP unit anymore. So it that is an argument to nerf the sorceress, i think its invalid for a while.

DeletedUser1548

This game is overnerfed in favor of humans and i don't know why...
It was like that some time ago and it seems it's happening again.
When you add up the space of undeletable buildings Elves are in disadvantage also here: bigger Builder's Hut and Magic Academy, smaller Trader but summed up Humans need less space for it.
We can notice direction is to have Humans and Elves to be different only in appearance but still something goes wrong...

Dony

King of Bugs
well it is comparing to the enchantress im doing. If you take 5 on 5 with equal size, i dont think a player can win. Enchantress debuff is much better then what we get.

Have you tried a crystal province/tournament since the changes? one that contains both heavy ranged and enchantress as enemy. Its almost impossible to win, your best choice would be to take the sorceress since it is neutral to the enemy enchantress and good against heavy ranged.
But the sorceress gets slaughtered.

1: we dont have 15 units on our side, we only have 6, all the non 3star units are useless compared to the others.
2: i agreed on that since the initial combat redesign, now with these 3 nerfs im not sure they are still valuable in marble or gems provinces.
3: new redigned tooltip says :'lasts: round' on live server. so maybe the tooltip is wrong. if i check beta now i see it lasts 2 rounds in tooltip there.
4: while this was true before battle redesign, there is no OP unit anymore. So it that is an argument to nerf the sorceress, i think its invalid for a while.
Just for the record i have won every tournament from when it was released but 2 where i was second, i have fought 90% of all provinces from my 310 scouted, rest i just negotiated because it was too cheap, or i didnt bother to wait for unit upgrade.
I have no problem fighting now on world map either, as easy as before.
I dont play human, cant speak about it at all.

In cristal tournament in particular i am using all units i have apart from golem and rider, level doesnt matter for me. even level 1 is a good cannon fodder. i am even looking forward for ranger and orc warrior aswell.

1. we dont have 15 yet but a design is to have 15 on the end and i guess all tuning is based on this
3. on live server it says 1 round for every spell, so its bugged for sure
4. redesign was in place to not allow OP units on our side, and work with all others aswell, tho some of them will come later, i have no problem with that

heavy ranged and enchantress are bugged now, you can see it in my bug report, thats the part some people cant win, but there are other viable combination against heavy ranged and enchantress

in a future i plan to make guide for every tournament/world map when we will have more units, since they are releasing it every 2 weeks now.

Heymrdiedier

In cristal tournament in particular i am using all units i have apart from golem and rider, level doesnt matter for me. even level 1 is a good cannon fodder. i am even looking forward for ranger and orc warrior aswell.
Can you win all this tournament? ive been using all units except golem drone rider also but still some fights are just impossible. as soon as there are more then 3 enchantress its almost impossible except if you have perfect terrain. sadly these in the tournament. i dont think you will win this tournament tho, you are a bit behind at the moment.

On beta that last round is only 160%, wich is a bit easier then the 180% on live server now. Guess that counts as well.

And btw i fight almost all of my provinces aswell and i like it. Even after the combat changes. tho i think for low lvl players its harder, and unclear when they are trying something thats too hard.

Dony

King of Bugs
Can you win all this tournament? ive been using all units except golem drone rider also but still some fights are just impossible. as soon as there are more then 3 enchantress its almost impossible except if you have perfect terrain. sadly these in the tournament. i dont think you will win this tournament tho, you are a bit behind at the moment.

On beta that last round is only 160%, wich is a bit easier then the 180% on live server now. Guess that counts as well.

And btw i fight almost all of my provinces aswell and i like it. Even after the combat changes. tho i think for low lvl players its harder, and unclear when they are trying something thats too hard.
i am talking about live server not here on beta, here i am just testing things and strategies
i didnt won only 1 encounter this toruanment, i have posted screenshot in help forum about battlefield, but thats due a bug

CrazyWizard

Just for the record i have won every tournament from when it was released but 2 where i was second, i have fought 90% of all provinces from my 310 scouted, rest i just negotiated because it was too cheap, or i didnt bother to wait for unit upgrade.
I have no problem fighting now on world map either, as easy as before.
I dont play human, cant speak about it at all.

1. we dont have 15 yet but a design is to have 15 on the end and i guess all tuning is based on this
3. on live server it says 1 round for every spell, so its bugged for sure
4. redesign was in place to not allow OP units on our side, and work with all others aswell, tho some of them will come later, i have no problem with that

heavy ranged and enchantress are bugged now, you can see it in my bug report, thats the part some people cant win, but there are other viable combination against heavy ranged and enchantress

in a future i plan to make guide for every tournament/world map when we will have more units, since they are releasing it every 2 weeks now.

OMG people must really dislike tournaments on your server if you win them all :(
I often end up being 1st especially the last batch of tournements, but winning them all? or are your talking since the combat change?
Before the change there was almost always someone spending 3 weeks worth of recources (units+goods) exploding there rating to 40-50k so that there should be no way to get first every week. under the old rules I got 1st place only twice.

Since the new combat rules, that actually changed. and time is a much bigger factor than anything else.

CrazyWizard

on a sidenote I think the sorceress sucks right now.
one main reason we used it so much in the first few new combat tournaments is because all tournaments containerd the perfect enemies for the mage. so off course we rocked that thing like crazy.

I tried using sorceress this tournament, and I was succesfull a whopping 1 fight. I got my ass pounded all the other times, in the end I used archers as cannon fodder to get rid of those pesky sorceresses, so my treants could just finish the job.
but you had to be carefull because there was so much hate your archers wont live long.

Dony

King of Bugs
OMG people must really dislike tournaments on your server if you win them all :(
I often end up being 1st especially the last batch of tournements, but winning them all? or are your talking since the combat change?
Before the change there was almost always someone spending 3 weeks worth of recources (units+goods) exploding there rating to 40-50k so that there should be no way to get first every week. under the old rules I got 1st place only twice.

Since the new combat rules, that actually changed. and time is a much bigger factor than anything else.
its overall, 9 months now since tournaments were introduced? there will stil be some haters but all my neighbors gets free relics every week.
didnt used any diamondds on it either, nor too much goods, only supplies used a lot, but haveing 8 workshops are more then enough to produce units nonstop

Dony

King of Bugs
on a sidenote I think the sorceress sucks right now.
one main reason we used it so much in the first few new combat tournaments is because all tournaments containerd the perfect enemies for the mage. so off course we rocked that thing like crazy.

I tried using sorceress this tournament, and I was succesfull a whopping 1 fight. I got my ass pounded all the other times, in the end I used archers as cannon fodder to get rid of those pesky sorceresses, so my treants could just finish the job.
but you had to be carefull because there was so much hate your archers wont live long.
i just found today they are still extremelly strong and in certain situations they are the easiest fights to play with least losses, i am talking here about 6 star cristal tournament just to be clear

DeletedUser1590

I think the new approach towards expansions will be bad for the profitability of the game.

Many players - including myself - mainly bought diamonds to acquire some extra expansions: after all an expansion will last forever in the game, while a diamond building will get obsolete at a certain time as one progresses. Buying expansions at the current pricing will inhibit many from buying diamonds imho.

I really wonder how long this new approach will last...

The only thing really worth spending real money on were city expansions .. no more expansions (no more affordable expansions) no more money from me .. so this one backfired on InnoGames.