• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

Buttrflwr

Hi everyone,

Once again: Thank you for your feedback. Based on that, with today's update we reverted the changes for now. Please see this post about it for more information :)
Thank you. That gives me great hope that you devs do listen to your players, in spite of popular opinion. :rolleyes: As a new player, that wholesaler really stopped me dead in my tracks as I was unable to get required goods for advance. Even after joining an alliance, the trades weren't picked up by mates. Probably didn't give them enough time, but I wouldn't have cared...I wouldn't have been back as a totally new player to the game. I really do like this game, and I hope to keep playing it for a while. And I REALLY like the idea of the new wholesaler reverting back to original prices after a certain time. That continuously escalating price increase is ROUGH!
Again, THANK YOU!

Buttr
Beta 1
Khelonaar

DeletedUser1721

I'm not sure what to think about the fact that the amount you can purchase scales with the Main Hall level.

On one hand, it seems nice because if you're buying large amounts you don't have to have the price scale up exorbitantly by the time you get to that amount. On the other hand, if you really only need a little of a good because you were able to trade for all but a little, you don't have the option to buy a little of a good.

SoggyShorts

On the mock-ups of the wholsaler v3.0 it looks like the prices START at 5:1, and if they go up like they did that will be brutal again.
If prices increase per click, please make the first price less than 5:1

SoggyShorts

"Dynamic" trader simply means more expensive trader and that will have all kinds of implications.
To me Dynamic means changing, you're probably right and costs will be higher overall, but it doesn't have to be that way *crosses fingers*
It would be great if each day one type of resource was on sale for 24h (dynamic)
As long as the other resources are still available, and reasonably priced

DeletedUser1681

The old wholesaler back - good good :)

As for the release notes that is more like the situation I expected in the first place, that's one reason why the total overhaul was such a shock.

DeletedUser1075

It looks like the only real change is that the wholesaler will once again have lots of items. At above average prices.

This is not a wholesaler. It's more of a black market thug. When I buy wholesale, I get better prices than average, with a limited selection of items. When I buy black market (also known as Canal Street here in NYC), I pay higher prices than I should for the quality I'm getting, but I can get anything I want. Black market costs more because it is illegal. Outside of normal channels. Wholesale costs less because it is legal, and represents excess production elsewhere.

Maybe Inno should rename the wholesaler, because he has never actually had wholesale prices and it looks like he won't going forward either. Again, this option is designed in a way that it will be merely a dumping ground for excess resources. I'm not sure what the game designers intend, but that's what they're building.

I'm not happy with the new option. I don't really care that much for the current wholesaler, but the new option is more limited without changing much, so I'm unclear why anyone is bothering to even work on it.

SoggyShorts

Step 1. Release the battle system on live servers with no tweaks despite feedback from Beta
Step 2. Release really bad wholesaler on Beta
Step 3. Remove really bad wholesaler based on feedback from Beta.
Make Beta players feel important =)
Step 4. Profit?

DeletedUser1570

In the patch notes today I see:

The maximum number of premium city expansions you can buy has been lowered to 23, to make the amounts more fair. We have also increased the prices for this particular type of city expansion to reflect its value better.

Where can I find the new prices for all the 23 expansions?

DeletedUser1721

Wait, what? My main city still doesn't have 23 premium expansion slots, and the prices have already become ridiculous, and they're talking about increasing the prices? I do not want to pay $20 for a premium expansion in a game where I feel that the devs are degrading my ability to get by without building (possibly ugly....) premium culture buildings! I don't like the way the snails look. And they don't seem to have added orc or wood elf equivalents of snails, probably because they're expecting players who bought snails to be furious if they do, so there is no alternative to snails if you want to buy culture and population. That's not a decorating decision I'm willing to take at this point in time. And I feel like the devs are trying to force me to take it, which just makes me want to dig in my heels and not buy any diamonds.

Basically, I don't really care about decreasing the number of premium expansions because I feel that the cost of expansion 17 and up is ridiculously high already. The big things is the rescaling of the costs.

What do people want to bet that this was just to try to make people do a run on buying premium expansions on their main cities before the patch hits live? With removing this feature from the patch when it hits.

Also, what happens to players who already bought the ten extra premium expansions and placed buildings on them? Do they lose their buildings? Do they get their diamonds back? I have a fellowship member who is trying to get Inno's customer support to refund them their diamonds they lost to an internal service error when placing a premium building and failing. Will people who bought the no longer available extra expansions be treated more fairly than the victims of this glitch?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

The expansions issue has become a bit ridiculous. My city never filled in the row of expansions that we gained access to at the start of the orc era, and I only have 3 of the expansions that we gained access to at the start of woodelves. So I am running very far behind. I'm looking at the number of required buildings to generate the transitory goods for the woodelves era, and they take up enough space that yet again, I may need to go negative on culture to fit it all in.

That means in a builder game I don't get to build. Meanwhile, I've got more expansions than they want me to have apparently, since my scouting takes nearly 3 days. How is it that I am so far ahead on province expansions, yet so far behind on allowable expansion space?

Can anyone construct a working city that produces enough goods/supplies/coins to function well in the space that the devs seem to think we should have? Just curious.

This is very frustrating.

DeletedUser1721

No, they can't. I mentioned this in the Battle Redesign thread, but it's not possible to fit the training grounds, the mercenary camp, all the combat related ancient wonders which the devs are assuming you have built when they scale your combat difficulty, and all the residences and workshops needed, even when every single expansion is unlocked on the map. Unless you buy premium culture buildings with population attached. Which.... I don't LIKE the way snails look. Even if I was willing to spend $30 on them.... which I am not.... if I'm going to spend $30 on a video game I'm buying WoW mounts.... I would hesitate at spending $30 on something that, in my opinion, isn't nearly as pretty as the Ponds of Recreation. Or the Weeping Willow/Wood Elves Habitat, which are also not premium buildings.

I play this game to build a pretty city. I can accept hauling my way through the ugly city of orcs because wood elf buildings are so gorgeous. I can accept the fact that I won't be able to have the rows and rows of manufactories (and related score) that the people who buy premium culture buildings have. What I can't accept is an inability to build and upgrade required buildings because there is not enough space on the map for them, without making my city into what I view is an ugly city.

I don't know if the devs want us to all only build one of each manufactory and then wait for days to save up the goods to unlock research or what, but I wish that they would realize that the way they play the game seems to be absolutely not the way we play the game.

Mods, could you perhaps provide screenshots of the devs' cities? They say they are playing the game. I want to see how they are playing it.

DeletedUser118

8000 diamonds for the next expansion sure is alot of increase compared to the 2000 I had before the update. I mean I sure spent quite a few diamonds for those expansions but 8000 is completely ridiculous. That's an increase by 400%...

Aunt Edith said: Jep, no joke at all.

zmcf94ta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: