• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

lika1961

As has become the norm now, all focus is on the battle system. I don't care about not being able to win fights in chapter 2.

I care a lot about the fact that I no longer have control over how I spend the coins or supplies I earn. You have forced me to negotiate and now that is becoming impossible as well.

Can we please have some feedback on that. This is a CITY BUILDING game and at the moment it is very difficult to do that. And remember, only a small percentage of players actually bother to post on the forum. That means there are many, many more unhappy players who have just not said anything. I wonder if they will or whether they will just walk away.

Elrondriel

In regard to the new "wholesaler" update: Except for some language used, I completely agree with what was already said. I absolutely see no sense behind this change (yet).

Could any of the Mods be so kind to explain more in detail what was "wrong" with the old function that required an update and, even more important, what is supposed to be the advantage and benefit from the new version ? I really don't get the point why this had to be changed ... o_O

DeletedUser118

You can click them for easy navigation in the tech tree. Also, if you have a new, unresearched technology, it should give you a notification that there is something to see in an earlier chapter, making you aware that you have not yet researched everything.

First, thanks for the explanations about the Treant descriptions. Second, here's what I currently see in my tech tree:

ikidspk6.jpg

Shouldn't there be a notification in Chapter 4 about the Cerberus II tech being available after todays update or am I missing something? :confused:

Shouldn't there be a notification in Chapter 4 about the Cerberus II tech being available after todays update or am I missing something? :confused:
That would need some investigation. Could you please create a bug report, so that it doesn't fall off our radar? :)

Dony

King of Bugs
Marindor, can you ask developers if changed damage formula is intended or bugged? since its different then last 2 itterations in this patch

Elderflower

On a lesser note why have the orcs had a makeover? I thought they were quite ugly enough the way they were. :confused:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1789

Hello everybody ! It's the first time that I use this forum, usually I read what others have to say and I remain silent, but today it's just impossible for me to keep silent...

I'd like to start by saying how much I LOVE this game, truly... I've loved it from the first day I started playing...

But honestly, this new wholesaler is completely RIDICULOUS and USELESS !!!! I don't like the fights, I'm only doing negociations, so I need lots of goods to do so. Most of these goods are provided by my excellent fellowship, but other goods are more difficult to come by... How will I be able to get these rare goods ? How are we supposed to keep playing, if you took away our steady, reliable wholesaler ?

Trade and negociations are the heart of this game, so today you've just torn the heart of Elvenar into pieces... Why ? Can somebody please tell me WHY ? Can somebdoy explain why you felt the need to change the wholesaler ? What was wrong with the old system ? And how is this new system supposed to be better ? And please don't say it's "more dynamic" because it's a lie. It's not dynamic at all, no. It's RIDICULOUS and USELESS.

Tonight my Main Hall is full, so what doI do ? Buy loads of silk or dust (I don't need either of them) to empty my MH, or gain nothing at all while I visit my fellows ? I don't like either of these options.

I don't even know how I will keep playing without the wolesaler... Or worse, I don't even know if I stll WANT to play if you're slowly ruining every aspect of the game...

If your point was to disgust players and to keep them from playing properly, well done, you've reached your goal ! Congratulations !

DeletedUser651

. If my coins and supplies are maxed out, then NH does not benefit me at all, and I have no reason whatsoever to take the time to help any other cities. I would say that that is a problem.

Right. There goes the end of neighborly help. Nerfed.

The players that are going to be hurt worst by this change are precisely the players that need the wholesaler the most. The new players, that only have a handful of provinces scouted so they have little to none trading partners from the map, and because they are so small they will have trouble getting into a decent fs in which trading is not an issue.

Let's drive away the top players with one update, then all the new ones. Do the devs work for Zynga?

But honestly, this new wholesaler is completely RIDICULOUS and USELESS !!!! I don't like the fights, I'm only doing negociations

Right...and they don't want you negotiating. They want you fighting. But they will block you from fighting. Seriously, you don't want people playing the game? Maybe the devs don't work for Zynga, but they are shorting the stock? I mean, all I can say with this new wholesaler is 'HUH'?????

Are the devs aware that all elvenar players see cross tier goods as something close to despicable. You can make so many more of the tier 3 goods for the space, so a lot of crafty people thought they would just let the lower players take up all that space with lower goods. Now, with the wholesaler being nerfed as it is, you have completely screwed the lower players.

And I don't get offering goods that a person can't even buy yet. You are selling elixir to people who haven't unlocked it?

DeletedUser867

I like the new "missing techs" bar on the research page, but it SHOULD update when you complete a tech. We shouldn't need to refresh the page.

DeletedUser1657

I don't mind a change to the wholesaler, in fact the whole trader building needs a revisit in my opinion. What I don't like is the change that was made, it has seriously limited choice. Bunch of questions:
  • Are there any plans to bring a second page so there is at least some choice on how to spend x item they we have excess of?
  • Or perhaps a preview of the next offer so we can debate whether to "cash out" now or save for the next round?
  • As the choices are so limited now are there any plans for the "special offers" to be expanded to include other goods? like
    • guest race resource
    • supplies
    • runes
    • relics
  • Upgrade options for the trader to improve the current offers?
Basically any information that there are more plans for this at some point or is this simply it?

Deleted User - 60107

I just did some tests, and for me it was very well possible to defeat the enemies I faced in the first 10 provinces with the units and squad sizes available in Chapter I, and the next 20 using those available in Chapter II - even if you don't count the units that only become available at the end of Chapter II.. Ring 4 (distance 3) is already quite far out, when you are still within the first 2 chapters. You need just 30 provinces to advance to Chapter III. Should you have concrete examples of "unwinable" fights, do feel free to share them and get some help and/or insights. We have just created a new part on the forum, specifically for that purpose: click here to go there now.
Three things I'd like to say:
1) Just because you and me can win a certain battle doesn't mean everyone else can win it too. Neither of us is a new player, so we can't judge difficulty for new players that are not yet very familiar with the game and the battles (though we can guess)
2) The question is not "Can this battle be won?" but "Can it be won without losing too many units"? Because it's really not fun if you spend a whole day training new units and then lose them all in a battle or two. It's especially bad if you have to try multiple times until you find a winning strategy - I had that happen to me once in the previous version (now that Light Ranged units are stronger against mages the same battle would be easier)
3) There are 6 Provinces in the first Ring (1 point per encounter). There are 6 more provinces in the second ring (the other 6 are player towns). In the third ring (3 points per encounter) there are 12 more provinces (the rest are player towns). That's a total of 6+6+12 = 24 provinces in the first 3 rings, and we need 30 for Chapter III. So no matter what we MUST complete some of the Ring 4 (4 points per encounter) provinces. Yes, as you said ring 4 is quite far for a chapter II player, yet we must complete 6 entire provinces in that ring, while the enemy outnumbers us (in a 5-on-5 it's player squad size 69 versus enemy squad size over 70, even over 80).

I am currently at 26/30 provinces and will likely be stuck at the end of chapter II for at least another two days (possibly longer). I'll let you know if I find any battles that seem truly unwinnable.

DeletedUser736

View attachment 1552

Who in their right mind would take these offers?
This picture actually depict offers the previous wholesaler was offering. 5 for 1 on produced good. In that regards it's not different than what we had before. The real difference is if you take on one of theses offer. The next one is much worse.

DeletedUser1657

Ppl with no other way, to use som coins or supplies, when the mainhall cant contain more?
But true, nobody else

Very true, In the case of supplies there is no other option to spend them when you hit max. Coins has KP as an option although some people prefer to avoid/limit spend here but supplies has nothing else.