• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.15

DeletedUser1231

I have just made the 3rd level of the tournament of this week and I have of to stop in the province 5.:mad:
There are at least 2 fights that I did not manage to make (even in manual ) and with a trading cost furthermore of 5000 the goods of every era I do not negotiate.
The fights of the tournaments are also far too much complicated, it will be essential to rebalance them otherwise nobody anymore will play the tournaments.

DeletedUser1025

I am afraid that fighting is not the option anymore. It took me quite a while to learn to use the original troops. As the game went we were learning their abilities one by one. The quests were aimed to teach us. Somehow, over the time, I got it and could win most of the battles with smaller or bigger losses. It was quite fun.
Later, I got over the fact that I cannot win on the map anymore thanks to the tournaments.
With the new system, I a feel like getting into a different game. I guess some magic buildings, which were added to the game only recently and for which I do not have space, might help the useless units but I have no space available. Where is the consistency? Which quest are there to teach us the use of units? You dropped us in it with no paddle.
To understand the various battle parameters you would need a chart (or few) and some possibility to test them. If someone can explain EXACTLY what each parameter means, I will be grateful. I am still baffled even by the basic "unit size". Why has not some "rebalancing" been done there?? If they all were same size, you could at least learn how many get killed. With each of them coming in different sizes, at the end of the battle I have no idea how many I started with? This is the most complicated battle system I have ever seen (and for a game which is supposedly NOT a fighting game).
I studied the chart, used each unit against the one it is supposed to beat (both on the map and in tournament) and lost the whole lot in the first round or two. The units, which my units were supposed to have the defense against, simply wiped those very units out...
Honest, I am not going to sit here 24/7 and learn the whole new fighting system again. Especially since it makes no sense to me whatsoever. It is chaotic and overcomplicated. The game is played by people, not by an application. We cannot read the stats in microseconds and just process the right commands in the right order.
The new battle system which has nothing to do with the old one) completely spoils the game for me at the moment. I think that this system can only be tested by someone who starts playing from the beginning, building the magic buildings (and the academy) as the game goes, maybe building less production buildings...I do not know. Cannot test it now, can I? For advanced players, this is a complete stopper.
It does not make sense, this should have been done before lounching the game (and certainly before lounching the game live). I am almost the same advanced on the live server as I am here and if this goes live, the whole game comes to a dead end.
It might be a plan to just retire from the game and wait if the developers get to their senses. So far, they are plain ignoring most of what are well meant comments from the testing players, which is frustrating.

DeletedUser

@torchII I am at the beginning of the game (1/3 in chapter 2), and getting nowhere with the new fighting system. First time I tried (my squad size was reduced from 36 to 24), I got exterminated in the beginning of round 2. Researched a squad size upgrade 4 (back to 36 units now), tried fighting again, and guess what … o joy, got exterminated at end of round 2. So starting from nearly the beginning doesn't work either :(

DeletedUser651

@Muf-Muf It is very rare that we have unanimous agreement on a subject, but we do now. The fighting system is now completely broken for all of us. Could we get some kind of official word on what is going to happen next? Has this been reported to the devs? Are they working feverishly to change it? I mean, seriously, what is going on? I think we deserve an update. Thanks.

Heymrdiedier

im going to be advocate of the devil here: don't you think inno expected a lot of negative feedback in the first place when redesigning an essential big part of the game. And keeping that in mind, dont you think they would make it in first phase a lot harder then they intended, so everyone would rant about it, and then they could tone it down to the level that they invisioned it in the first place and thats a lot easier?
Because they toned it down everyone will be happy and the negativee feedback they would have gotten if they did it how they tought in the first place now doesn't come.
Like if you have to bring bad news, you tell disaster news and then later tone it down so the others think, its not that bad after all :)

DeletedUser1548

@Heymrdiedier , you're probably right but it's low.

I checked parameters of level 1:
  • Bulwark - training size grew from 16 to 100 (2 level 21 Armories give me 186 so NOW Bulwark looks like must have for fighters)
  • Shrine - training size grew from 23 to 45 and bonus from Armories from 0,5 to 1,5
Looks like Armories will stay nerfed and I will build Bulwark once again as it became... Useful? -_-;

Heymrdiedier

@Heymrdiedier , you're probably right but it's low.

I checked parameters of level 1:
  • Bulwark - training size grew from 16 to 100 (2 level 21 Armories give me 186 so NOW Bulwark looks like must have for fighters)
  • Shrine - training size grew from 23 to 45 and bonus from Armories from 0,5 to 1,5
Looks like Armories will stay nerfed and I will build Bulwark once again as it became... Useful? -_-;
It was always usefull as it gave you free cannonfodder? Keeping in mind that soon we will be able to build 8 9 or 10 types of units only with 5 queue spots, that bullwark and shrine means an extra training spot, so very usefull. the 9 or 10 is with the orc and dwarf unit.

I personally was allready leveling my bullwark on my main, but im building an extra armory allready just to be sure :) (only had 1 bullwark and 1 armory and could just make it through the night)

DeletedUser118

That's only for testing. Usually team members are playing on real worlds and beta with normal accounts just like you and me.

CrazyWizard

Well guys, we just got a reminder mail from innogames on the live server that we should use up hour troops because that in the comming update everything will be different.

I would say this monster is going to be put on live next week or so.
No need to send that mail if the update is going to be delayed for revieuw.

for those interested and knowing dutch or willing to mangle it trough a translator

Elvariaanse groet, CrazyWizard!

In de komende update zijn er een aantal verbeteringen aangebracht in het gevechtssysteem om het spel zowel makkelijker als interessanter voor je te maken!

In de nieuwste aflevering van InnoGames TV leggen Timon en Rike uit waarom je je eenheden voor de update moet opmaken en wat er allemaal nog meer gaat veranderen. Op het forum vind je eveneens een overzicht van alle veranderingen.

Veel plezier verder op het slagveld!
Het Elvenar team

DeletedUser1463

making it 'makkelijker' --> 'easier'? Hmm if anything it appears to be a lot harder now.
making it 'interessanter'--> 'more interesting'? More interesting to whom, the developers? I find the use of 'interesting' interesting ... :p

DeletedUser1095

I'm not 100% about the rings, but I think it is this: go to a battle in your regular world (not tournament), and click on the battle. Before you have to set any of your soldiers it will show you the rewards for clearing that fight.....1kp 1 relic and x number of ranking points. The ranking points you can win tell you what ring you are in.

As for provinces, go to builder and hover over province expansions with your mouse. That should tell you.

Thank you, BobbyKitty - I never knew that about ranking points=ring number, and never noticed that in the expansion department. Thanks!

Mikekun

Hello

I'm have fear a new system battle because this staff complete change rule games. In this time, I'm can use normal trops to automatic fought and I'm know win battle of scetor very fast. When update new system battle of sector I'm still don't know how fight whit new unist of enemy and how analysit new abilites my trops or enemis. So I'm must stop the conquer map world in the game becuse I'm don't know what expedt behind battle, win or loss. Add coming up new bug in game who complete bloc treing new units. I'm orderd 25 units to train, and when train finish I'm see only one unist redy to fight.

Have I nice day
gretings Mikekun

DeletedUser

Well guys, we just got a reminder mail from innogames on the live server that we should use up hour troops because that in the comming update everything will be different.

I would say this monster is going to be put on live next week or so.
No need to send that mail if the update is going to be delayed for revieuw.

for those interested and knowing dutch or willing to mangle it trough a translator

improvments... right... and today is friday.

Mikekun

hi

Great, I'm cilck auto fight battle and I'm loss the battle in one sector in the game. So, I'm want rebulid my army and change the strategy and I'm see what? The Game complete bloced posiablity trainng new unist amry. I'm request ansver form team, why bloced barraks and when can be possibility agian new traing units?

greetings Mikekun

DeletedUser118

The barracks shouldn't be blocked at all. Can you tell us maybe what exactly is the problem or might add a screenshot?

Mikekun

hi

This is temporery bug who fix now. When I'm log in morning time, I'm can't normal traing unit, becuse I'm see text message form game who only one situation when person don't have good connetcion behind Internet or don't have last release version AFP. This new log in, now I can traing units.

The Bug still here in Barraks. I'm orderd 32 utnis to traing, when finished I'm have only one. So I'm don't know where the rest units.

greetings Mikekun

Last edited: