• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.15

DeletedUser1231

I am not going to speak about the difficulty of the fights because I did not have the opportunity to make still one, but apparement that is going to be complicated.:p
On the other hand I meant that as regards the production of the barracks I find that rather a good change.
One thing is sure it's really hopeless not to have modified our stock of unit according to the increase of squads, the 70 % loss is enormous (even if I had used all my stock before like that had been said):mad:

Certainly armoreries lost a part of their productivity but the dwarven bulwark is much more interesting and compensates a little for this reduction, but especially the time of training of a squad was decreased by 2
what makes that without modifying my city I produces now in 24 hours 11 squad of golem (I shall not produce during 3 hours this night) while yesterday I produced maximum 8 squads of golem in 24 hours.

Many of us had asked to have more than 5 slot of production in the barracks, certainly we always have 5 of it but they are twice as fast to produce that before, one can thus produce twice more if we give ourselves the ways by putting more armories in our cities (for those who as me adore the fights)

This update is rather positive as regards the production of the units of fights (in particular for the very present players on the game or those who fight a lot).;)

As regards the fights I shall see that tomorrow but if they are too much complicated a simple upgrade will be can be necessary to allow us we can fight.

DeletedUser651

Basically they have made it so all our fighting knowledge is gone now. We have to start from scratch. Yet, our cities are not from scratch. Our battles are not from scratch. We are newbies facing advanced expert battles with no troops.

I don't know how many people will climb that hurdle, but it will be fewer than the few who bother to fight now. This creates further imbalance.

DeletedUser

I am not going to speak about the difficulty of the fights because I did not have the opportunity to make still one, but apparement that is going to be complicated.:p
On the other hand I meant that as regards the production of the barracks I find that rather a good change.
One thing is sure it's really hopeless not to have modified our stock of unit according to the increase of squads, the 70 % loss is enormous (even if I had used all my stock before like that had been said):mad:

Certainly armoreries lost a part of their productivity but the dwarven bulwark is much more interesting and compensates a little for this reduction, but especially the time of training of a squad was decreased by 2
what makes that without modifying my city I produces now in 24 hours 11 squad of golem (I shall not produce during 3 hours this night) while yesterday I produced maximum 8 squads of golem in 24 hours.

Many of us had asked to have more than 5 slot of production in the barracks, certainly we always have 5 of it but they are twice as fast to produce that before, one can thus produce twice more if we give ourselves the ways by putting more armories in our cities (for those who as me adore the fights)

This update is rather positive as regards the production of the units of fights (in particular for the very present players on the game or those who fight a lot).;)

As regards the fights I shall see that tomorrow but if they are too much complicated a simple upgrade will be can be necessary to allow us we can fight.

Its just a shame that the bulwark "promotion" has came at the expense of a huge nerf to the needles wonder. Who needs faster training now? Needles has in fact become a liability as it only means we need yet more armories to be able to keep the barracks busy non stop.

DeletedUser

I fought 3 fights today and won them all but it cost me most of my sword acrobats and losses for golems/sorceresses where higher then anticipated but since production times are shorter maybe that isn't so bad. The times you only needed granite golems and/or bud sorceresses to fight (automaticly) are definitely gone because now you need the other troops aswell to be successful which makes it a lot harder. :( I wonder if it will be possible to fight both in the tournament and normal provinces at the same time or if that will cost to many troops.

DeletedUser1250

I have some troops and tried a fight and gave it up because my troops got killed too fast. I can say fighting is impossible, but the truth is that I have no idea anymore how to fight. I don't think I am a very good fighter, but I think I am an experienced fighter. I don't know how to handle this and I wonder if Goryn is still around. As far as I know he is a very experienced fighter, so maybe he can tell us how to deal with this? I realize this is only the first of the 3 updates and I also know we don't have the new units yet. So I guess we should be patient, but to be honest, right now I am not too positive anymore about the fighting. I thought it would become easier to understand, but it seems much harder. I understood the old system and could win there, but I don't understand it now anymore and I would like to fight but I have no idea how. So I just wait and make more troops and hope someone will tell me how to fight.

It is ok if some fights are very hard, it is ok to lose troops, but at least I want to be sure I can win some fights so it is worth to try it and I am not sure at all now.

I am wondering when we will get the next update. Will we have to wait a week or longer?

DeletedUser651

If you are going to redesign the whole system, could it also come with a complete training guide please? I agree with Anne. I am a newbie facing expert battles. I am lost.

Question: Are the armories going to be rebalanced? As it with three level 21 armories I can only make enough troops for 5 hours of training.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1727

I have a suggestion - if developers increase army size in battle X times they should automatically increase number of existing units in barracks in the same X times for fairness.

DeletedUser1548

Basically they have made it so all our fighting knowledge is gone now. We have to start from scratch. Yet, our cities are not from scratch. Our battles are not from scratch. We are newbies facing advanced expert battles with no troops.

I don't know how many people will climb that hurdle, but it will be fewer than the few who bother to fight now. This creates further imbalance.
True. Personally I'm tired of this 'fighting thing' and I don't want to learn everything again. In my main city I sit on a huge pile of goods and seriously consider becoming pacifist.
Elvenar was fun for me. I pointed out bugs and inconsistencies, yes, but I could appreciate many things. After this catastrophe I see this game dull.

I am very curious what will happen when 'Battle Redesign' will be launched for all players. I think support will have much to do as people do not come here on Beta. I do because I feel like I need to 'prepare' for changes, this is also a proof that communication with players suck. People do not read forums, announcements, etc. I believe they will notice changes when they fail to win a fight.

DeletedUser1681

...There is nothing left for me to do now than research the next mandatory Squad Size upgrade, so waiting for knowledge points, 1 point per hour.

I shudder to think what kind of effect this will have on my Dutch Orc city :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'm pretty much in same situation, though I had just finished chapter II and was reaseraching advanced scouts in the beginning of chapter III.

I understand it that they it felt necessary to move some tecniques earlier , but now that there are bugs in the training system (train 10, get 1 paladin - see another bug thread) I'm in a situation where I'm thrown about 110 or so knowledgepoints backwards and can't fight to catch up.
If they admit that there is a bug in training, who knows how long it'll take to fix it and train an army. Negotiating would quickly crash my economy so all I can do is collect resources and kp's for about next 5-6 days (and then I'd be back researching advanced scouts).

I'm not a good fighter anyway, early on I rely on automatic battle but right now I don't think I'd have a chance with that either even if I had the troops. The word from those who have troops seems to be that the blance is not right.

I know this is a test server, I came here to see what's on offer for the future, but like Ritsel above I fear what will happen to my city (and my enthusiasm) in "real life" server. I sure hope they aren't feeling that the release to the live servers is now fixed to cpl of weeks into the future.

PS. for some reason I see my text in "bold" and ctrl+b doesn't seem to fix it. sorry about that... (fixed now)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1513

Maybe we can start a poll to predict when the next neighbourhood-shuffle will be needed to cover all the free place of all the people that will leave the game after this change...

DeletedUser

PS. for some reason I see my text in "bold" and ctrl+b doesn't seem to fix it. sorry about that...
You enclosed your text into an URL, choose Unlink option (or use BB Code Editor, last icon on the right) and it should be OK again.

Heymrdiedier

I have a suggestion - if developers increase army size in battle X times they should automatically increase number of existing units in barracks in the same X times for fairness.
we allready suggested that on the first announcement of this a month ago or so, the moderator reply was that it was sadly not possible :)

Mikekun

hello

I'm orded barraks train units and when finish I get one unit, I'm want my 24 units who orderd. So new system battle are broken.

greetings Mikekun

DeletedUser629

Don't worry. I'll be spending lots of time fighting, and i'm going to create a new battle guide on the forum.

DeletedUser651

Don't worry. I'll be spending lots of time fighting, and i'm going to create a new battle guide on the forum.

Question: With the new levels of the enemies being level 2 and level 3 if you have scouted out far, will it still be possible to win all battles? Or are we supposed to learn what battles to try and what not to bother with?

For example, I faced this: tell me what I should put up against this combo: 2680 thieves, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 447 ferocious swamp monsters, 447 ferocious swamp monsters. Is that fight winnable for me and what would I use and where to win that battle?

I tried some archers because they are good against swamp monsters and some elder treants because they are good against the orcs. My treants have 151 in a squad. On the first hit the orc took out 1/3 of my squad. When my other treant hit the other orc first he only took out 10% of the orc's squad. On the next round the orc hit again and another 50 of my treants died. When I hit again I only killed 10% of his squad.

If they have more squads than I do. And they do three times more damage than I do. How is that winnable? And btw....I am only talking about the part of the battle between the orcs and the treants. I still would have had swamp monsters and thieves to deal with IF I managed to kill the orc.

DeletedUser629

Question: With the new levels of the enemies being level 2 and level 3 if you have scouted out far, will it still be possible to win all battles? Or are we supposed to learn what battles to try and what not to bother with?

For example, I faced this: tell me what I should put up against this combo: 2680 thieves, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 1340 brutal ancient orcs, 447 ferocious swamp monsters, 447 ferocious swamp monsters. Is that fight winnable for me and what would I use and where to win that battle?

I tried some archers because they are good against swamp monsters and some elder treants because they are good against the orcs. My treants have 151 in a squad. On the first hit the orc took out 1/3 of my squad. When my other treant hit the other orc first he only took out 10% of the orc's squad. On the next round the orc hit again and another 50 of my treants died. When I hit again I only killed 10% of his squad.

If they have more squads than I do. And they do three times more damage than I do. How is that winnable? And btw....I am only talking about the part of the battle between the orcs and the treants. I still would have had swamp monsters and thieves to deal with IF I managed to kill the orc.

I'm still trying to figure out how to approach this new system. At the moment it seems that many fights have become a lot harder to win. Even if you pick all the right units, initiative has been changed, so the enemy gets to move first in many cases. They also have special abilities to look out for. The range of the priest was changed to only 5.

DeletedUser651

I sure hope that you, Goryn, get unlimited troops to try to learn this new system on. Because otherwise, it will be months if not years of us all trying a fight, losing our entire army, waiting a few days, try it again, lose again. etc. etc. And it may turn out that these fights are indeed NOT winnable.

Or maybe that pentagon is wrong? Maybe there is only one kind of unit you can use against another specific type of unit? Elder treants sure can't handle orcs in far provinces.